Sexual Innuendo in Old Games

Scarecrow1001

Jun 27, 2011
I was playing through Ratchet: Gladiator (or for some, Ratchet: Deadlocked)and I heard the line 'Your heroic presence rattles my friction sensors.' Which to me, sounds pretty dirty. What lines have you found in games that you played as a child that surprised you?

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
That little victory dance Crash Bandicoot pulls is pretty lewd.
I'm sure Gex the Gecko had a bunch of sexual one-liners.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Scarecrow1001 said:
I was playing through Ratchet: Gladiator (or for some, Ratchet: Deadlocked)and I heard the line 'Your heroic presence rattles my friction sensors.' Which to me, sounds pretty dirty. What lines have you found in games that you played as a child that surprised you?
Insomniac purposely would do that in their games, and while it toned down a bit later on, it's still there. Here's some examples:
Ratchet and Clank 2 being named Going Commando in the US
Ratchet and Clank 3 being named Up Your Arsenal
The R.Y.N.O standing for Rip You A New One
You've Got Full Frontal Assault
A Crack in Time
And there are many more.

Esotera

May 5, 2011
I always thought the cutscenes in Red Alert 2 were a bit sexist, but after watching some of this I'm not sure whether it was just meant to be hilarious instead.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Neronium said:
Insomniac purposely would do that in their games, and while it toned down a bit later on, it's still there. Here's some examples:
A Crack in Time
And there are many more.
Ratchet and Clank 3 also has Quark flat-out stating he had sex with a monkey.

"It was mating season, how could I've known she was your sister?" [sub]I never get tired of that line.[/sub] And then realize Quark is the most human looking character in the R&C universe... DX

Also, the scene where Ratchet and Clank meet lombax Bill Clinton, and he says "My daughter tells me you're a man who's good with his hands, Ratchet." To which Ratchet replies "Sir, I swear I never-"

EyeReaper

Aug 17, 2011
The first I can remember is in the first Ace Attorney game, where Ms. April May says to Phoenix "I like a man with a large... vocabulary" Subtle.

And of course, the ever classic quote from that one juggler in Pokemon Gold/Silver "Oops! I dropped my balls."
And Professor Oak came when he heard you beat the Elite Four.

Stu35

Aug 1, 2011
EyeReaper said:
And Professor Oak came when he heard you beat the Elite Four.
Massively off topic, but I googled this just to find out what it was (having not played Pokemon since Red/Blue, many moons ago).

Came upon someone posting this on some other forum, and felt the need to share:

In the original Pokemon Red/Blue, when you encounter your rival in Lavender Town he asks whether or not you know what it's like to have one of your Pokemon die. At this point in the game, he no longer has his Raticate that he used in previous battles.Your rival battle before this took place aboard the S.S. Anne. Your rival's Raticate sustained serious injuries from the battle...but, because crowding and confusion on the luxury liner, he was unable to make it to a Pokemon Center in time and the Raticate passed away. The real reason your rival is in Lavender Town to begin with is to lay his deceased friend to rest.Despite all of this, your rival never outwardly tells you that you're responsible for the death of his Pokemon. He hides his grief and instead channels that energy into the motivation he needed to continue his quest to become Indigo League Champion. The death of his Raticate effectively destroys your rival's impish, childhood innocence. Although he tells himself that he doesn't hold you responsible, he subconsciously holds a great deal of resentment towards you which further fuels his ambitions.Tearfully swearing upon his Raticate's grave to not fail in what he set out to do, he trains hard in hopes of becoming better than you...defeating you...and to eventually make it to the Pokemon League. Mere moments after he became Indigo League champion, he was defeated...by you. Although he fulfilled his promise to his fallen Pokemon, it was only for a painfully brief instant.In the end, your rival is scolded by his grandfather while you receive the professor's praise. During the course of the game, you steal your rival's innocence, crush his dreams, and ultimately snatch away the love of his own grandfather. Oh, and by the way, your rival doesn't have any parents. He's an orphan.

TL;DR: You ruined Gary Oaks life.

I'd never come across that before (apologies to those who have). Now I'm not sure what I feel about anything. Pokemon is even darker than I thought (and that includes all the capturing small animals and holding them in tiny balls, leaving those you don't want to die in a field, a world where children are turned out into the great wilds by their parents, etc. etc.)

Alakaizer

Aug 1, 2008
How about back in Final Fantasy IV (II), when you go to an inn and cram five people in one bed?

PFCboom

Sep 20, 2012
I'm a little surprised that nobody mentioned the woman of questionable repute from LoZ II: The Adventure of Link.

FFVII... well, there were a couple very overt examples, like the whole sequence leading up to interrogating Don Corneo, but my favorite would be when you're in a hot tub filled with, if memory serves, seven large, mustachioe'd men in wrestling tights. The camera pans up, away from them, and all you see is a 10-count with Cloud making comments every so often. I believe the game tells you it's just a massage, but the imagination is free to run wild, right into the dirty place.

Objectable

Oct 31, 2013
From one of my favorite games, Beneath a Steel Sky

EyeReaper said:
The first I can remember is in the first Ace Attorney game, where Ms. April May says to Phoenix "I like a man with a large... vocabulary" Subtle.
Is Ace Attorney considered Old now?
Oh dear Godot...

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
I can't remember too many. I remember Crash Bandicoot's victory dance, but not much else. Jak 2 and 3 had some scenes where the Dogs were being quite Naughty. I remember Daxter said Jak "beats" things all the time, followed by Jak quickly smacking him behind the head. Though the games were both rated T, and Daxter would frequently talk about sexy ladies (including looking down at Tess' cleavage), a tingling feeling in his "tail", and a time where Ashelin more or less threatened to castrate him with a gun.

Neronium said:
Scarecrow1001 said:
A Crack in Time
And there are many more.
Some of their working titles have been like that too.

-A Crack In Time's working title was Clock Blockers
-All 4 One's working title was FourPlay
-Into The Nexus' working title was Into The Nether-Regions

Clock Blockers and Into The Nether Regions I believe are also skill point titles in Into The Nexus. Love or hate Insomniac, they really do have the most fun with their titles.
Casual Shinji said:
Ratchet and Clank 3 also has Quark flat-out stating he had sex with a monkey.

"It was mating season, how could I've known she was your sister?" [sub]I never get tired of that line.[/sub] And then realize Quark is the most human looking character in the R&C universe... DX

Also, the scene where Ratchet and Clank meet lombax Bill Clinton, and he says "My daughter tells me you're a man who's good with his hands, Ratchet." To which Ratchet replies "Sir, I swear I never-"
...also this. That's practically Animaniacs level of "how the hell were they allowed to keep that in?" T rating or not. Love it!

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Neronium said:
I remembered some that none of us mentioned. We forgot to mention the Crotch-itizer device or the fact that Qwark cross-dressed in Ratchet and Clank 3. XD
Ah yes, I remember Clank's line "This pocket Crotch-itizer is still warm." As well as Ratchet talking to a tyrranoid about "slimey coeds".

And there was the incident where Quark got sodomized by a flightstick.

Damn, these games were filthy!

SecondPrize

Mar 12, 2012
We've gotten a lot more tight-laced in all media. PG-13 in a movie used to be a virtual guarantee of boobs at some point.

A Weakgeek

Feb 3, 2011
Esotera said:
I always thought the cutscenes in Red Alert 2 were a bit sexist, but after watching some of this I'm not sure whether it was just meant to be hilarious instead.

I'm pretty sure Tanya atleast is a parody of some sort. I mean come on.

SHAKE EET BABEEH!

Esotera

May 5, 2011
I totally forgot that Harvest Moon Back to Nature has a thing where you can get into the hot spring with one of the village girls if you time it right. When they get out they always go up one heart, meaning they love you more.

As a matter of fact that whole game is probably quite sexist, you've got to give gifts to women that will ultimately lead to them marrying you, then they spend all their time in the kitchen/bedroom and will occassionally roam free on the farm so that they can give you a sandwich.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
How old are we talking for "old"?

Because The Lusty Argonian Maid is actually 10 years old by now. Plenty of time to polish that spear.

Nakts

Nov 13, 2012
The Real Barenziah.
Those cats have barbs, it's been censored now, but you can read the original on various TES lore sites.