Sexy Sex and You

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
Brought to you by Colour Scientist, resident pervert.

We haven't had one of these threads for quite a while and I am a nosey creep who loves reading them.

So, this is a thread about the number of sexual partners you've had, if any.

Do you think your number is too high, too low or completely meaningless? Do you judge other people based on how many people they've had sex with or think there's a limit to the amount of sexual partners a person should have?

Do you perhaps think that sex should be reserved for two people who are in a relationship or do you skulk around dance floors and chip shops at four in the morning desperate to find a decent looking randomer to bring home for the night?

If you've never had a sexual partner, is there a reason you don't want to or has the opportunity just not presented itself?

Including your age would also be helpful. I say helpful, it's not really helpful as this entire thread is stupid, it just provides a more complete picture.

Obviously you don't need to answer all of the questions, they're just discussion points.

Also, yes, I am aware of how much of a prying loser I am. XD

Edit: I've just realised that I didn't answer my own question.

I'm 23, I lost my virginity at 17 and I've had 4 sexual partners. Of the four, I was in a relationship with three, not all at once though. :p

I don't have a problem with one-night stands at all, I just haven't really found myself in that situation.

Enjoy knowing more information about my life than you ever wanted to know!

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
Colour Scientist said:
Um...somewhere between 6-10, depending on how you define the word. I've been a serial monogamist.

Colour Scientist said:
Do you think your number is too high, too low or completely meaningless?
Probably too low to learn varied technique. Alas, lazy habits are inevitable in long term relationships. Number of partners is never "completely meaningless", it always informs SOMETHING.

Colour Scientist said:
Do you judge other people based on how many people they've had sex with or think there's a limit to the amount of sexual partners a person should have?
Of course not. I'm not a complete bassoon. And yes, "bassoon" shall now be interred as an amusing insult. I hath spake.

Colour Scientist said:
Do you perhaps think that sex should be reserved for two people who are in a relationship or do you skulk around dance floors and chip shops at four in the morning desperate to find a decent looking randomer to bring home for the night?
I am almost 40 years old. I'm not doing anything at four in the morning except sleeping, or I'm going to regret it. And people can bump uglies whenever and however often they like.

Colour Scientist said:
Including your age would also be helpful. I say helpful, it's not really helpful as this entire thread is stupid, it just provides a more complete picture.
You have poor thread esteem.

Colour Scientist said:
Also poor self esteem.

I bet you're even poor at yachting.

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
I'm 22 and have had maybe a dozen or so partners. It's usually a situation where we just felt like fucking or a friend was craving dick like semen got them high and I happened to be around.

I don't really get the whole relationship thing. I can be physically attracted to people, and I can enjoy their company as a friend, but romance is a foreign concept. Sometime around high school I just went "what am I saving this for" and just did the dirty whenever it suited me(that doesn't sound rapey at all XD). I don't judge anyone for doing the same.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Colour Scientist said:
We haven't had one of these threads for quite a while and I am a nosey creep who loves reading them.
At least you're self aware.

Sexual partner to me means anything more than second base, so in that case... four? If we're just talking sex then it's two, both being long term relationships.

Do you think your number is too high, too low or completely meaningless? Do you judge other people based on how many people they've had sex with or think there's a limit to the amount of sexual partners a person should have?
Mostly meaningless. You can make metaphors about trying all the food in the buffet, but I've always been the kind of guy to go straight for the pizza and cookies every time anyway.

I don't care what other people do, but personally I don't think I would want to bump uglies with a stranger. At least some level of trust and familiarity would be required. Be too uncomfortable otherwise.

Daystar's already told me everything. Sorry ;)

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
I seem to have the unique ability to kill the mood with any girl no matter the situation or what they're into.

I don't get it. Just the other night even I happened to screw everything up again. Can someone explain where I went wrong?

We were chillin' out, mackin', relaxing all cool on the bed when she leaned back and said, "Tell me what you want." Naturally and without missing a beat, I said the only thing I possibly could: "I want ethics in games journalism."

Ushiromiya Battler

Oddly satisfied
Feb 7, 2010
Colour Scientist said:

Um, about 10 I think, both men and women.

Colour Scientist said:
I feel it's rather irrelevant.
That's generally my feeling on number of sex partners and amount of sex.

Colour Scientist said:
I'm not really a fan of sex with people I don't know, so one night stands are out of the question for me.

Colour Scientist said:
I'm 20, so still quite young.
EDIT: I lost my virginity when I was 14 to an older women. The whole situation more or less scarred me and I didn't really look as sex as anything nice until I was around 19.

Colour Scientist said:
The forum wouldn't be as fun without threads like these from time to time :p

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
shrekfan246 said:
I seem to have the unique ability to kill the mood with any girl no matter the situation or what they're into.

I don't get it. Just the other night even I happened to screw everything up again. Can someone explain where I went wrong?

We were chillin' out, mackin', relaxing all cool on the bed when she leaned back and said, "Tell me what you want." Naturally and without missing a beat, I said the only thing I possibly could: "I want ethics in games journalism."
Well you actually found a way to use it faster than I thought... Wait... This whole thread wasn't just a conspiracy to give you an opportunity to do so was it?

[sub][sub][sub]Corrupt ass colluding Brovengers[/sub][/sub][/sub]

Colour Scientist

Jul 15, 2009
Fappy said:
Sexual partner to me means anything more than second base, so in that case... four? If we're just talking sex then it's two, both being long term relationships.
Going by those terms, my number would be a fair bit higher...

Let us not use that meaning of the term. XD

Daystar's already told me everything. Sorry ;)
I knew that was coming, I fucking knew it!
shrekfan246 said:
I said the only thing I possibly could: "I want ethics in games journalism."
That is the sexiest thing any man could ever say to me.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
shrekfan246 said:
I don't know what floozies you've been courting, but that always gets me hot and bothered.

Come on Shrek, tell me about those NDA's you signed! Sprinkle me with the details of the patreons you fund! Call me a bad, naughty, dirty SJW!

Colour Scientist

Jul 15, 2009
T0ad 0f Truth said:
shrekfan246 said:

Well you actually found a way to use it faster than I thought... Wait... This whole thread wasn't just a conspiracy to give you an opportunity to do so was it?

[sub][sub][sub]Corrupt ass colluding Brovengers[/sub][/sub][/sub]
You can't post in my thread and not cough up the deets, Toad. :p

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
Colour Scientist said:
I hereby suggest that you change your title to that.

But Colour! If someone below the age of 51 reads this, their eyes will melt! Don't you remember what we were told in School?! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!

Meaningless really, I don't think the number by itself holds any real value frankly. To be fair, I've enough social problems to deal with before I even really think this far in terms of relationships/whatever.

Do you judge other people based on how many people they've had sex with or think there's a limit to the amount of sexual partners a person should have?
Nah, it's none of my fucking business (NO PUN INTENDED), if people want to shag or smack each other with fish in the privacy of their homes, it's not my place to say anything. As long as it's consensual of course.

I don't think there should be any real conventions or correct ideas to sex really. Again, it's their own business. Personally though, I just see a hollowness with the whole picking someone off a dance floor thing. I may just be jaded with the whole clubbing thing and how boring and shallow I find it, but I always found it depressing when I know people who do nothing but get drunk and go to a nightclub/whatever or talk about nothing other than getting drunk etc.

Just feels so hollow and empty to me.

Then again, I'm the awkward type of bastard who will say next to nothing in a normal conversation with people I'm unfamiliar with, but I'll happily talk shite about Street Fighter for several hours.

Well in terms of losers, I'm here so that skews the graph vastly in your favor. ;_;

Not at all, enjoy reading my incoherent ramblings!

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
I'm 24 and my number is two.

Why? Because my shortest relationship was two years long. I'm pretty sure I have like, reverse commitment issues.
I started dating my ex when I had just turned 17 and stayed with him for two years, and then when we broke up I was nineteen when me and Boyfriend got together. Five years later we're still together.

It's kind of annoying to meet someone who fits you so well so early. I have no doubt I'm still fairly naive when it comes to relationship and sex and things. For instance, I still can't really tell when someone is hitting on me.
I wouldn't say my number is `too` low, but I know it's low.

I personally wouldn't have one-night stands, but I don't judge those who do. Hell, if anything, I admire their people skills.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Colour Scientist said:
shrekfan246 said:
I said the only thing I possibly could: "I want ethics in games journalism."
That is the sexiest thing any man could ever say to me.
Well then you would love my pillow talk.

Fappy said:
shrekfan246 said:
I don't know what floozies you've been courting, but that always gets me hot and bothered.

Come on Shrek, tell me about those NDA's you signed! Sprinkle me with the details of the patreons you fund! Call me a bad, naughty, dirty SJW!
I wish I could meet girls more like you. She reacted like she didn't even know what I was talking about and then stormed out while I was talking about how sexist Bayonetta isn't!

Not The Bees said:
shrekfan246 said:

I just laughed so hard I spit out my drink. I'm sick, I shouldn't be spitting out my drinks! I need those drinks! They're making me better!
I'm sorry/glad I could be of... not help? :D

Aug 19, 2010
Well, since you asked so nicely, and we did give you a lot of shit for being the cause of absolutely everything bad ever...
[small] We're still blaming you[/small]

I'm 17 [small](there goes any credibility I might have had)[/small] and have only had the one partner, with whom I'm currently in a relationship. I think my number is just right, but that has less to do with the number itself and more to do with the person behind it.
Lost my virginity about 2 months ago.

As far as I'm concerned everyone is more than welcome to have sex with as many people as they want, with whoever they want, whenever they want, and as much as they want, as long as it is within legal boundaries* and everyone is consenting.
You feel like a one night stand? Go the fuck ahead!
You feel like keeping yourself exclusive for one special person (at a time?)? Go the fuck ahead!
You feel like you don't want to have sex at all? Go the fuck ahead!
I won't judge anyone based on the number of sexual partners they've had, or who those partners were.

*[small] just realized while writing, since my girlfriend is 23, we technically broke that >.> the consent part was there, though[/small]

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Multi-quote format stolen from BloatedGuppy.

Relevant information - 27 years old. Lost virginity at 18.

Colour Scientist said:
10. 4 of which I was in a relationship.

Colour Scientist said:
Not really high, though many of my partners I should have perhaps skipped over.

Colour Scientist said:
The number of partners are meaningless, but the method of obtaining sexual partners isn't. If someone sleeps with a new person every weekend (52 a year), but every time was just a fun time between consenting adults, who am I to cast judgement? At the same time, if someone only sleeps with 2 people, but they get there by plying them with alcohol and gaming techniques in an active effort to undermine their judgement, in a generally sleazy manner, well... that's gross behavior.

Colour Scientist said:
The only truly rewarding sex I've ever had was with people I was in a relationship with, either casually or romantically. But that's me. Sex is what you put into it, so to each his own.

Colour Scientist said:

Colour Scientist said:
Everyone loves a peeper!

Captcha: call me. That's kind of creepy, considering the topic.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Colour Scientist said:
Four, total. I was a virgin until I was 23.

Colour Scientist said:
Too low by one. I think a lot of us have "the one I wish I'd gotten". Ah well, at that stage of my life I probably would've disappointed her anyway.

Colour Scientist said:
I don't give the slightest sliver of a damn who's doing who how many times. Just, if you're gonna be prolific, use some protection; keep yourself clean.

Colour Scientist said:
For myself? I'm not comfortable with one-night stands with someone I'm not familiar with. I'm more of a "total experience" guy than "get your rocks off", and it's sort of weird getting touchy-feely and playful with someone when I hardly even know her name.

Now, if we weren't in a "relationship" but she was someone I knew and was comfortable with, and said "hey, let's go at it", why sure.

(Also, chip shops? People actually "cruise" those? Wow.)

Colour Scientist said:
Including your age would also be helpful.
Well then I won't!

...fine. I'm 38. At least until next month.