Sexy Sex and You

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
I'm 42

I've shared that particular joy with 6 women in my lifetime and that is the perfect number for me. All were relationships. All women I cared about to one extent or another, though I admit to one relationship that was more about the physical than the emotional. The woman I dated after my divorce. There was no way that was going to work out, but sometimes that's just what you need. We still dated for over 2 years though, and I did care for her even though everyone could see we really weren't right for one another beyond the physical aspects of our relationship.

Not that I am judgemental of those who are promiscuous, but I never went in for the one night stands. It's just not my thing. But if those are what make you happy, more power to you.

Cheers.

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
I'm 21 and still a virgin so my answers probably won't be that useful here. I don't think number of sexual partners is really that important nor does it indicate anything other than experience, I don't judge people on how many sexual partners they have had and I don't think there should be a limit to how many they do have.

I think casual sex is fine, I am really socially awkward and would probably have trouble doing it with anyone I don't know and trust but I've got nothing against it.

I'd like to have a relationship with someone and do the deed but I've always had a lot of trouble socializing with other people so I've never gotten close enough to anyone to be anything more than a friend at most. No that's not me claiming that I am getting "friendzoned", it's me saying that I suck at talking to people and forming relationships.
I'd like to at some point but ever since I finished school and grew out of my teenager phase I've not been as bothered about it.

ghalleon0915

Feb 23, 2014
For starters, 39 years old here.

4 partners in 20+ odd years of sexual activity, all long-term relationships. It may seem low to some ( I certainly get ribbed about it by buddies, all in good fun) but it's about right for me. I've never been one to indulge in casual sex, that is just my upbringing and who I am. I don't begrudge those who indulge in that, and I don't judge them. I take people as they are, not how I want them to be.

Well...there was one time...but it was with an ex and we were both single at the time...but she still counts as one of the four. But now we would need to talk about the terms "sex" and "making love" and I need to work sometime this night.

Anti Nudist Cupcake

Mar 23, 2010
Well, this is the first time I've said this on this site but I like dudes. Yes, I am also a dude. I am 19.

For us, the average age to pop your cherry is closer to your early-twenties instead of 16-19 as it seems to be for most.

I only have a small fraction of the population available and a fraction of those I find attractive and a fraction of those that find me attractive. Also, I'm quiet. Imagine one ordinary day of your life. Now imagine it repeating over and over and over again every single day. That is what high school was like for me. My friends felt like they were automations on a loop. The homework felt repetitive. The tests felt repetitive. The classes felt repetitive, etc. I never was in much of a super social, approachable mood. I've only graduated last year. So no, not only have I remained "celibate" but I never even had the opportunity to do otherwise.

I kinda feel unwanted tbh. But I know it's kinda my own fault.

I don't measure someone's worth by how many partners they've had. I have a friend who is my type (but wouldn't date because being straight and not into dudes is a major turn off for me) and he hasn't ever dated either. He's perfectly pleasant to be around and I see no reason why he hasn't had a dating life so far. So even beautiful people can be kissless virgins. I'd actually prefer someone who is also a virgin because I want someone who'd walk a journey WITH me and not ahead of me. I also prefer meeting an individual in my daily life rather than on a dirty, noisy dance floor.

Fimbulvetr3822

A line, held
May 8, 2012
Morning!

26 and 15, the last 14 months have skewed those numbers a little though as I was in serious long term relationships since I was 16. In short, i don't care about my number at all, although to my single female housemate hers is a huge deal.

None of the 11 encounters in the last year were planned as casual things, and honestly 1 night stands make me uncomfortable. Call me old fashioned but sex should be the culmination of the love between 2 (or more) people and 1 night stands just leave me feeling empty inside.

Fim

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
C'mon, if you really want to perv you need to ask what was said or what happened when we were first gettin' it on. (edit: whilst keeping it PG13, natch)

I'm 32 and my tally is 4; my first time was at the age of 18. I was in a relationship each time. I feel that number is meaningless, it is what it is; I don't lament it as being low or anything. Do I judge folk? Nah, diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks. Same applies to how people find others to bump uglies. If you want to stick to long-term relationships that's fine, if you want to pork a randomer and never see them again then all power to the pair of you. I've never had a one-night stand myself, but not because I'm against the idea. Kinda wish I had had the chance, but out of a few possible opportunities/offers I either mis-read the signals or bottled it and chickened out.

So there you go! That feels like a boringly middle-of-the-road answer, sorry.

XSTALKERX

Mar 10, 2012
I'm 19, still a virgin, never had a girlfriend, never kissed or did anything. It's probably just because no girl have ever taken an interest in me and never had the opportunity to do anything with a girl. Damn reading this thread was kind of depressing, people already having sex at 12 and here I am with no goddamn experience. Seriously I can't explain it but every time I hear of people having sex at an age much younger than me I just immediately feel inferior to that person or like a loser. But hey at least I'm not the only one, still a virgin.

Greg White

Sep 19, 2012
27, lost my virginity at 21, had 8 partners since then.

Never had much of a long term relationship, but that comes from moving around a great deal over the last 6 years.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Colour Scientist said:
Brought to you by Colour Scientist, resident pervert.

We haven't had one of these threads for quite a while and I am a nosey creep who loves reading them.
You do realise that next Escapism, there's going to be a subset of people who want to put that to the test... xD (j/k of course, though with some of the Skype banter... :p)

So, this is a thread about the number of sexual partners you've had, if any.

Do you think your number is too high, too low or completely meaningless? Do you judge other people based on how many people they've had sex with or think there's a limit to the amount of sexual partners a person should have?

Do you perhaps think that sex should be reserved for two people who are in a relationship or do you skulk around dance floors and chip shops at four in the morning desperate to find a decent looking randomer to bring home for the night?
I see no reason why there needs to be a limit as long as people are sensible and it's all with consent. Obviously, not a fan of cheating, but polyamory would be a whole different kettle of fish. As for the whole one night stand thing, can't really say anything bad about it given it's the cause of almost every one of my sexual experiences so far.

If you've never had a sexual partner, is there a reason you don't want to or has the opportunity just not presented itself?

Including your age would also be helpful. I say helpful, it's not really helpful as this entire thread is stupid, it just provides a more complete picture.

Obviously you don't need to answer all of the questions, they're just discussion points.

Also, yes, I am aware of how much of a prying loser I am. XD

Edit: I've just realised that I didn't answer my own question.

I'm 23, I lost my virginity at 17 and I've had 4 sexual partners. Of the four, I was in a relationship with three, not all at once though. :p

I don't have a problem with one-night stands at all, I just haven't really found myself in that situation.

Enjoy knowing more information about my life than you ever wanted to know!
For myself, I'm 24, lost my virginity a bit late (around 19 or 20, can't remember exactly), and I honestly haven't counted the number of people I've had any kind of sexual experience with, but I'd estimate about 15. Reason being that almost every one of those has been part of a one night stand or otherwise casual encounter. I mean, I'd love to get into an actual relationship, but I'm not exactly great at talking to girls in that sense (plenty of female friends, but it just never gets anywhere beyond that) - at least in bars and so on alcohol is helping me out somewhat...

Aethren

Jun 6, 2009
27 and still a virgin. My contribution to this thread is as full as my sex-life.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Colour Scientist said:
Zombie_Fish said:
This is possibly the first time I've ever seen a self-deprecating thread on these forums. Either that or I can't remember the last time I saw one.
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
I see it as a good thing. Most of my humour is self-deprecating, so it's a quality I like in people.

I didn't want to seem to aggressive about asking people what they've done with their genitals. XD
The idea of aggressively asking people about their genitals has just left me imagining someone with a megaphone pointing at strangers in the street and saying:

"You there! I want to talk about your junk. Have you done anything with it recently?"

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
Imp Emissary said:
Also, I hope we aren't Korean unicorns. Because, sorry for the offence to anyone in or from Korea, but the unicorns there...
http://www.geekologie.com/2012/11/30/korean-unicorns.jpg

<.< Not exactly, attractive....
:0 [a href=http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/058/c/f/fire_kirin_by_sakimichan-d4r884s.jpg]Kirin[/a] are magical creatures.

I'm 23 and valiantly defending my "Vigor". On a slightly more serious note, I'm hoping that at one point I'll find someone I can feel attached to, I'll have the courage to start something with and that that person will be interested as well. It feels like I'm waiting for a planetary alignment at this point.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
I'm 25, my number is 0 and I'm personally perfectly okay with that.
I'm just not interested in sexy times.

People can do what they want to do with whomever they want, how many they want, whenever they want, and how often they want, provided it's between consenting adults.

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
37, and zero.

I'm a quiet, awkward and rather shy person in real life, and I tend to struggle around people. Throw in self esteem issues, gender identity issues, and I've never really had a partner (a few awkward crushes, but nothing more really).

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Hi, straight 18-year-old virgin here.
Colour Scientist said:
Brought to you by Colour Scientist, resident pervert.
I'm sure there's some joke to be made about this somewhere.
Do you think your number is too high, too low or completely meaningless? Do you judge other people based on how many people they've had sex with or think there's a limit to the amount of sexual partners a person should have?
I try not to think it's that important, but if I'm with a girl and she's had 30+ sexual relationships in the past couple of years then I'll be worried.
Do you perhaps think that sex should be reserved for two people who are in a relationship or do you skulk around dance floors and chip shops at four in the morning desperate to find a decent looking randomer to bring home for the night?
I have no problem with people getting into each other for the sake of getting into each other's pants. But for myself I'm saving it for someone only when it's official.
If you've never had a sexual partner, is there a reason you don't want to or has the opportunity just not presented itself?
Only started becoming friends with girls when I started college in September this year. So yeah, the opportunity never really came up before. The girls in highschool never got my interest.[hr]
Ushiromiya Battler said:
I lost my virginity when I was 14 to an older women.
EeveeElectro said:
I lost my virginity at 14.
Daystar Clarion said:
Lost my virginity at 15.
CrystalViolet said:
Lost my virginity at 15. This is a wonderful thread!
Zachary Amaranth said:
Lost my virginity at 12. Well, unless you exclude "gay" sex (seriously, you don't know how many times I've been told it "doesn't count"), at which point it was 15-ish.
NinjaDeathSlap said:
I lost my virginity at 15.
Beffudled Sheep said:
I'd rather not say the age.

Didn't know it was that common to lose it that young.

PromethianSpark

Mar 27, 2011
I'm 27 and have had something around 42 sexual partners in my life. I can't be a 100% sure on the number because I have stopped keeping count. Admittedly in the past the number meant a lot to me. I lost my virginity when I was 10 or 11 and was a complete man whore for most of my life that had real problems with fidelity. I've been working on changing all that in the last 3 years, for (you guessed it) a particular someone. Its a work in progress.

Marcus Kehoe

Mar 18, 2011
I'm 21 and have had only on sexual partner being my current girlfriend. I do maybe wish i maybe had more sexual encounters, but waited a while to find someone i wasn't just sexually attracted to lose my virginity to. I mean once your like 20 you want the wait to mean something.

That being said, I've found myself to be a god damn sexual tyrannosaurus and maybe would have like to have used that power more before I got in this awesome relationship i am in now that I hope lasts forever.Just to get rid of that "what do other people feel like feeling" that is honestly just stupid.

TallanKhan

Aug 13, 2009
Colour Scientist said:
Quite a few, although depending on exactly how you define a sexual encounter the number could vary. Around 30 although I don't have a definitive list. I don't think it matters how many people you have slept with and don't judge them. I don't think there is a limit as such but if it becomes an obsession it can be damaging.

Colour Scientist said:
I don't know about chip shops (is that a thing? am I missing out? But I guess of the two I'm more of a skulker although I usually look for a little more than "decent looking". Maybe why I have fewer successful nights out than I should like :p

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Zero sexual partners, mid 30's.

I've been in one longer term relationship (about 2 years) where the lady wanted to wait for marriage and so I respected her wishes.

I find the number completely meaningless. It doesn't bother me that I'm a virgin and it doesn't bother me when I hear others have had several dozen partners. To each their own.

I consider sex to be something special personally and thus reserved for a relationship. I respect that people view sex differently so I don't think poorly of the man or woman seeking a one night stand.

Simply put...I enjoy being single. I always have.
The relationship above was sort of something that just happened. It was a new and great experience but it also helped me appreciate the benefits of being single. A relationship means sharing your life with another along with all the pros and cons that come with that arrangement.

I don't attempt to seek out a relationship and that one exception aside woman haven't tried to start a relationship with me. It seems unlikely that I'll ever be in another relationship especially considering how much of a shut in lifestyle I live but that's my choice and I make it willingly.