Sh*t My Dad Says Becoming a Sitcom

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
Cant it just be the other end of the spectrum version of Kid's say the darndest things? Cosby could even return...but not as the host.

CaptainCrunch

Imp-imation Department
Jul 21, 2008
Yeah, "Shit my dad says" has never been done before.

<youtube=CXzIrrn0bW4>
<youtube=CoSrKLTx_ao>

Nope. Definitely never.

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
Old man blurting out pearls of occasionally humorous wisdom in a suburban family setting, backed by a not even attempting to sound real laughing track. It will be a hit.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
CaptainCrunch said:

Nope. Definitely never.
Strange I also immediately thought of all the male roles in "8 simple rules"

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
I think this is gonna be like "Everybody hates Chris"...

Well that's what I think...

Besides maybe, leave it on Twitter, it's funny because it's the ramblings of a obviously easily aggitated old man on the internet where he can't be censored.

Take away the internet and uncensored part and it's lost whatever charm it didn't have and isn't funny anymore.

It'll just be another sitcom people barely remember to watch.

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
It's not even new to the internet. Anyone remember Tourettes Guy? Those guys were TRYING to be a sitcom, how come they didn't get any offers?

This is gonna be a miserable failure. But not the same kind as "The Jeff Dunham Show", no: this will be a glorious zeppelin descending in flames, possibly destroying large chunks of CBS's ratings and offering NBC a chance to slip back into the prime time big leagues. I can't miss it!

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
CaptainCrunch said:

<youtube=CXzIrrn0bW4>
<youtube=CoSrKLTx_ao>

Nope. Definitely never.
And the list only goes on and on. And here I thought they already did that with Gary Unmarried. Oh well, since Frasier went off the air I stopped watching most of that, almost got back in with Gary Unmarried but it fizzled pretty quickly. I wish them the best of luck but I'm not expecting much.

hansari

May 31, 2009
Malygris said:
"A lot of people are busting their ass, and a lot of people are really talented. And I just got lucky."
Damn right you did.

HAHAA!! Its his dad saying all this hilarious stuff anyway...his son (who still lives with his father, not the other way around) only typed it up.

Count your blessings and hope dads around a little longer. (I don't mean to speak ill, but his so called "money train" is 73 years old...it could all be over before this sitcom even films a pilot...)

Chess__x

Aug 4, 2009
I think it'll be pants. I don't find the twitter feed funny but even if I did, I still can't see this being funny at a sitcom. Not even necessarily awful, just plain not funny. But we'll see, I could be proven wrong. It all just seems like the Simpson's episode where they make the 'Angry Dad' cartoon to me.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
I liked this show better when it was called ARCHIE BUNKER!

Then again, if they bring back Archie's profanity and political incorrectness... it could work

dthree

Hey!
Jun 13, 2008
TsunamiWombat said:
I liked this show better when it was called ARCHIE BUNKER!

Then again, if they bring back Archie's profanity and political incorrectness... it could work
That would be "All in the Family"

I love shitmydadsays, but dragging it down to a sitcom level, then stretching it out to 22 minutes a week is going to break the concept.

Woem

May 28, 2009
I don't like it when people make things bigger than they are. I hadn't heard of that twitter feed but I must say that it's pretty funny. Pretty funny for something on the internet that is. I really don't think we need to see a sitcom made of this. I also don't want to see a movie based on MyLifeIsAverage [http://mylifeisaverage.com/index.php] now do I?