Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
Bulletstorm in Hell?

Now w/ 100% moar Spanish accent

and insert everything that wasnt included in the 2 lines above

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I don't mind a little juvenile humor if the gameplay behind it is my style.

:)

I'll pick it up.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
TheNaut131 said:
Don't worry guys, the dick humor wears off a bit after the first section.
A bit, yes, but just a bit. The whole game is pretty damn dumb. But I actually rather like how utterly unburdened by thought Garcia is.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Man i need to pick up this game.
As soon as i saw it was by Suda 51 i knew it would be hilariously dumb, hell NMH and NMH were both absolutely stupid at times, but still a lot of fun.
And Johnson and Garcia make a excellent duo.
I love the dick jokes and non-dick jokes spouted by them just talking with each other.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Why did you show boobies at the end, I forgot everything I was going to say.

I would rate it at about 20$, once it drops to that I'll check it out for a giggle, probably won't take too long.

Dragon Zero

No one of note
Apr 16, 2009
This sounds like a frustrating game. Not so much in the challenge sense but in the "Could have been more with some polish" type of frustration.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
This was a tough sell for me. I went into a GAME store to pick up Alice: Madness Returns (and uh... Transformers: Dark of the Moon... hey, I'm a TFanboy, ok?!), and the guy behind the counter asked me if I liked Japanese games. I said no. He asked if I liked Bayonetta. I said no. He persisted and asked if I liked Resident Evil. I said... yeah, kinda. And on that fragile thread he went on to explain the game to me in detail. And I still wasn't sold.

I left the store and went to a local cybercafé to do some research, and I was intrigued by the gameplay and the world. So I ended up buying it on top of the other ones I went in there to get, on the promise that I would return with a vengeance if I disliked the game, which seemed quite possible.

And I loved it! In fact, I even called the store to thank the guy for his recommendation. It is sheer fun, stupid, mindless fun, but done really, really well! And the humour? Well, let's just say this is what Duke Nuke Forever should've felt like. It COMPLEMENTS the experience, it doesn't rule over it.

I'd say get it. If I was satisfied, then you sure as (dick) hell will be.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Shoot enemies with a light shot to remove the darkness before you can kill them? Hmm well that sounds rather like another game... *cough* Alan Wake *cough*

Firework sections that remove the darkness? Well now, that also sounds like another.. oh well you get the picture!

Seriously though, the gameplay does look a little bland and uninspired, just from the video. I expect it's the sort of game that thinks the silliness and dick jokes alone are enough to hold it all together. Sadly, for me, that's not enough.

feycreature

May 6, 2009
I'm unconvinced about the gameplay, wouldn't buy the game even if I did have a console to play it on, but the visual design actually looks surprisingly good. There are a few really great facial expressions, the colour palate is consistent but has flashes of contrast (like the main character's blue jacket in warm-coloured environments) that keep it visually interesting.

Still not gonna play it, but it looks very pretty. Insofar as hell can.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
I would make a joke about how the entire story seems to revolve around a Mexican man fighting tooth and nail through Hell itself to save his Generic and bland (as far as I can tell from gameplay vids) White mistress girlfriend......but that would be very poorly received, so I won't. :)

Instead I'll say: why does everything looks so.....smudgy, in this game. Sure it has bouts of cool aesthetic design; but every element of the world seems to.... bleed into every other element. Is it deliberate? Or Is is a depth of field thing? Also, is anyone else disturbed by that?

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
if you liked no more heroes you will like this.
i personally had a lot of fun with this but then again i also laugh at dick jokes.

D0WNT0WN

Sep 28, 2008
Im enjoying Shadows Of The Damned alot, it's juvenile and silly. Kinda lets you look into the mind of Suda 51 and it turns out that he is a bit of a massive 12 year old. Dont belive me just look at No More Heroes.

Also I think this is the best game Suda has had his hand in, No More Heroes and Killer 7 were kinda bad.