Shamus Plays: LOTRO, Part 11

Benjeezy

Dec 3, 2009
Ok, Shamus. I just need you to know that your poems at the end of these make me laugh until my stomach hurts.

Thank you for being hilarious.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
lmao, the hilarious!

It was great with the MG ref =P

And poor Lulzy, having to run around so much XD

Feb 13, 2008
I still haven't finished the Pie Quest. There are some things that my mind is not prepared to put up with.

But Nosey/Hungry Hobbits are the LotRo equivalent of blue shells, I was looking forward to the Scouring of the Shires after it.

SaunaKalja

Sep 18, 2009
So much like the Ringwraiths are drawn to the One Ring, hungry hobbits are drawn to delivery quest Pies? You should propably go and check if the baker uses some kind of Hellforge (or Helloven) to produce these pastries. You might not want to consort with powers such as that. Alternatively, you could propably make some pretty mean interrogation-pies in the Helloven.

Thor Doomhammer

Mar 29, 2010
Just like the Champions Online "Lets Play", your articles always make me want to both play and avoid the game in equal measure.

Galad

Nov 4, 2009
Great, now I'll have nightmares of Snake delivering pies and shooting orcs with a rifle *shudder

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
Maybe the pies would be easier to deliver if they gave you a speed boost. I'm sure there are some berries that would accomplish this. Then again, it would require you to eat the pie you're delivering.

Eldarion

Sep 30, 2009
Maby they use her pies for interrogation because they are bad...........?

Still makes no sense.

DeAvatar

Mar 27, 2009
wait, wait wait...she had you do a RECALL on the pies? The hide and seek I can forgive you for, but I guess next time i'll find out how you get the pies back.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
DeAvatar said:
wait, wait wait...she had you do a RECALL on the pies? The hide and seek I can forgive you for, but I guess next time i'll find out how you get the pies back.
And yet somehow, I'll bet you've got to avoid the hungry hobbits again, despite the fact that giving them the bad pies and thus making them never hunger for them again is apparently what Baron Hornblower of Smallbridge-the-Pies-Go-Over wants.

MsBarrows

Mar 16, 2010
I gave up on ever using that bridge when on pie-runs; I always use the other one over by Bywater. And I've delivered and retrieved more pies on more alts then any sane person should have to deal with.

And yes, the pies give you a speed boost. The tool-tip for which, iirc, is "Hot pies! Coming through!"

You know, Lulzy should really swing by Sanderson's farm and do the egg-delivery quests too - and the chicken play quests while she's there anyway. Mwahahaha. Mwahahahaha! MWAHAHAHAH!

*Cough*

Sorry :)

DaveMc

Jul 29, 2008
"Someday we're going to need to talk about these trust issues you keep having." I think that's my favourite category of joke in these articles: the kind where you dare the reader not to believe that the game is really doing something as crazy as you claim, then show us the screenshot where it's *really doing it*. Well done!

LaughingAtlas

Nov 18, 2009
As amusing as the tale of Lulzy has been so far, I think a normal person would have just said "Fuck it all" by now and either tried a more likely battle-oriented race (dwarves are probably tasked with goblin decapitation, not feeding prisoners) or dropped the game altogether. Some hobbits seem to have a thing for unyeilding dedication to truly miserable tasks...

Otterpoet

Jun 6, 2008
No wonder the Hobbits never leave their homes... half their lives are spent ambushing each other for mail and pies!