Shamus Plays: LOTRO, Part 13

RvLeshrac

This is a Forum Title.
Oct 2, 2008
DungeonHamster said:
I don't have my copy of the Return of the King with me right now, so I can't check the appendices for exact dates, but according to The Hobbit the Old Took died at the age of 130 when Bilbo was still young. When the four hobbits left the Shire, Frodo had just turned 50, so Bilbo should be 118 or something close to that, so the Old Took dying a century ago should be more or less accurate, assuming that the MMO is set during the journeys of the fellowship.

While I'm posting anyways, I should tell you that I've enjoyed your stories of them (both this and the Star On Chest series) much more than I enjoy actually playing MMO's. Not that I'm a particularly big fan of MMO's, but still...

Born 2790, died 2920. <a href=http://www.tuckborough.net/took.html#Gerontius>I wish I could take credit for knowing that off the top of my head, though Tolkien's rotational velocity is high enough as-is.

That's pretty old, considering it took The One Ring's supernatural power to produce an older Hobbit.

RelexCryo

Oct 21, 2008
Shamus Young said:
Shamus Plays: LOTRO, Part 13

Items needed to bust ghosts in the shire: bear pelts, meat, and incendiary devices.

Read Full Article
Man I love this series Shamus. It perfectly demonstrates the difference between a stat building game and a role playing game.

oceanwilde

Feb 21, 2010
This series has got to be one of my favourite features (one of the funniest, for sure) on the Escapist, keep up the good work Shamus! :)

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
gosh the more I read this the more I want to play LOTRO :p when I get a new PC, I probably will. that and TOR.

unfortunately I don't have much time to game, butttt who doesn't have time to get drunk and kill bears :p