Shamus Plays: LOTRO, Part 14

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
sooperman said:
randommaster said:
Jeronus said:
Excellent job! The Lulzy bard has done it again!

P.S. How close is she to getting those dyes?
It'll be a bit sooner than expected now that he has 21 extra pies to sell.
Shamus hasn't given us a number on exactly how much the new clothes cost, but I assume that getting wasted and waking up broke in another town does not help.

On that note, why has Lulzy never been paid a whole silver for her questing? The running price of any and all tasks in 90 copper, which is a weird number to me. And does anyone know how many silvers to a gold piece? I assumed it was ten, but I've never gotten a count for that.
90 coppers to a silver.
1,000 silvers to a gold.

Nearly all quests are 90 coppers between level 1 and your late teens. Then it jumps up to a few silver. (About three, I think.)

ThySensFan

Dec 11, 2009
sooperman said:
On that note, why has Lulzy never been paid a whole silver for her questing? The running price of any and all tasks in 90 copper, which is a weird number to me. And does anyone know how many silvers to a gold piece? I assumed it was ten, but I've never gotten a count for that.
In LOTRO you have 1000 silver pieces for one gold.

OT: Hilarious as always, keep up the good work :)

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
Shamus Young said:
90 coppers to a silver.
1,000 silvers to a gold.

Nearly all quests are 90 coppers between level 1 and your late teens. Then it jumps up to a few silver. (About three, I think.)
90 coppers to a silver? Not a hundred coppers? And not that I want to argue the terminology, should you not have been paid one silver, not ninety coppers, Shamus?
By the way, holy hell. Ninety thousand coppers to a gold.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
Shamus Young said:
sooperman said:
randommaster said:
Jeronus said:
Excellent job! The Lulzy bard has done it again!

P.S. How close is she to getting those dyes?
It'll be a bit sooner than expected now that he has 21 extra pies to sell.
Shamus hasn't given us a number on exactly how much the new clothes cost, but I assume that getting wasted and waking up broke in another town does not help.

90 coppers to a silver.
1,000 silvers to a gold.

You'll only need to do 333 quests per gold piece then! Just think of how many times you WON'T have to deliver the mail.

Feb 13, 2008
Shamus Young said:
Now this is realism. Contractors have been "working" on this renovation job for the three years since the game launched and they're still not done, but Ponto is desperate / foolish enough to believe the noise and expense will end soon.
Well, it will, but not in the way Ponto thinks...Sauron & Son will be along to finish the roof soon after a tip-off from a young hobbit lass. *whistles innocently*

Miral

Random Lurker
Jun 6, 2008
Otterpoet said:
I swear, this series is the main reason I come to The Escapist now. You really need to begin your own fantasy novel - you'd be the next Terry Pratchett, I swear.
Have you read the one he already wrote? (I must confess, I haven't yet -- but I keep meaning to.)

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
It wasn't me who sent the pies. I'd have sent buckets of water instead. XD

The Floating Log is not being flushed.

I wonder if the quests in Runes of Magic are thiis insipid? My brain kind of shuts down the minute I start playing.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
Miral said:
Otterpoet said:
I swear, this series is the main reason I come to The Escapist now. You really need to begin your own fantasy novel - you'd be the next Terry Pratchett, I swear.
Have you read the one he already wrote? (I must confess, I haven't yet -- but I keep meaning to.)
I didn't know he wrote one. Is it a comedy?

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Miral said:
Otterpoet said:
Yeah, I really need to get around to reading that too. It would be nice if he wrote a book that actually got published though.

Anyways, excellent as usual, and top notch rhymes in the song. Can't wait until next Thursday!

schnargly

Apr 22, 2010
Love this. Played LOTRO for awhile; it's a lot of fun, but yeah, the Shire quests can be pretty silly.

By the way, if anyone's having trouble viewing the article, you might try AdBlockPlus for Firefox and Chrome, Safari AdBlock for that browser, or Privoxy or Squid as a proxy server for any/all browsers.

Otterpoet

Jun 6, 2008
Miral said:
Otterpoet said:
Wow. I never knew that. I'll have to look for it! Thanks Miral.

camazotz

Jul 23, 2009
Otterpoet said:
Shamus, you owe me a new keyboard. The aside about contract job ratios had me shooting coffee out my nose. That is exactly what we say every year when the contractors come by to do. . . well. . . whatever it is they do. However, our contractors have exceeded the ratio by having five "guys standing around scratching their nuts" while one guy used a toothbrush to smooth out the new sidewalk - 'new,' as in redone four times in the space of six weeks for undetermined reasons (maybe they forgot to floss).

I second this! Shamus, you might not only be the next Terry Pratchett....you might even be the next Robert Asprin!!!!

Sidereal

Mar 26, 2009
Man, this stuff is hilarious. I love this series. :)
And every last jingle that Lulzy sings. They're fun, and *really* add character. :)