Shamus Plays: LOTRO, Part 16

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Shamus Plays: LOTRO, Part 16

Lulzy finds herself in an unbearable situation.

Read Full Article

Feb 13, 2008
I'm surprised you have the bearfaced cheek to make all these puns. I'd paws for reflection next time, or at least try and cub your enthusiasm.

That waterfall is beautiful though.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
Well, I guess bears are the only random forest animal mobs they can use aside from wolves. Maybe that's why they're popular?

Funny as always. I'm waiting for Lulzy to snap, kill everyone, and make pies from their remains.

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
Lulzy's adventures are nothing but epic :p I really got to re-start my Lotro account.
Prepare yourself for the epic Warg Hunts later. Where you have to kill 30 nearly Paw-less Wargs before you find the 5 Paws you need.

SaunaKalja

Sep 18, 2009
Heh, I was meaning to ask if every job (so far) really paid 90 coppers, but my question was answered before I could even make it.

I didn't think there could be a stupider thing to long after than a fishing rod (a stick), but I guess I was proven wrong once again. I can come up with more applications for a stick (hitting things, using as a fishing rod, burning [one time use], ...) than for a stone (throwing, ???) so I guess that's the new stupidest thing to pay 90 coppers to get back.

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
johnman said:
I sounds impossible to make any cash in that game
It's actually not too bad. Almost every mob drops junk items and sometimes trophies of some kind. It clogs up your inventory, but you'll have a few stacks of items to sell off to a vendor and make some more returns.

RvLeshrac

This is a Forum Title.
Oct 2, 2008
The developers have something against boars, not bears.

I also greatly hope that you covered the Shrew Stomping and Chicken Catching from the Spring Festival!

johnman said:
Quests give you XP. Grinding gives you money. Money is really rarely useful apart from crafting, buying a mount, and housing.

Apr 28, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
I'm surprised you have the bearfaced cheek to make all these puns. I'd paws for reflection next time, or at least try and cub your enthusiasm.

That waterfall is beautiful though.
Just... damn you.

OT: Wow, who'd a thought bears would be so dangerously organized...

And if the town is full of loggers, people who most likely are very physically fit, they could have taken the bears.
After all, if some bard with a sweet hat can do it, surely a group of people who cut down trees every day can do it.
But that would be logical, and logic doesn't exist in some quests.

Game looks fun, may try it out one of these days. When I have some money...

Virgil

#virgil { display:none; }
Legacy
Jun 13, 2002
Stephen Colbert said:
"I believe all God's creatures have a soul - except bears, Bears are actually Satan's children."
That is why. Do not feel sorry for the bears. They want to eat you.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
johnman said:
As others have said, quests are really there for XP. Mob trash is great for money (and all humanoid mobs drop actual money too). You can also make money very easily (and fairly quickly) by using your crafting skills to harvest the various crafting nodes scattered around the world and then selling the materials in the Auction House (the in game player to player marketplace).

I've got a couple of characters sitting around level 20 who have about 1 Gold each, and I haven't really spent any time at all farming money or even selling crafting materials.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
oppp7 said:
Well, I guess bears are the only random forest animal mobs they can use aside from wolves.
Actually, what the devs really hate is boars. They've pretty much become a running gag in the game. There's even a quest at one point where you're asked to go searching for boars and the punchline of the quest comes when you search around for 30 minutes and actually don't find any because for once there aren't any in that area of the world. (of course, this is a hobbit given quest so A.) is involves finding the boars so they can be eaten and B.) it's one of the funny ones :) )

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
Virgil said:
Stephen Colbert said:
"I believe all God's creatures have a soul - except bears, Bears are actually Satan's children."
Yes. They're godless killing machines, right up there with robots, and the nine forbid robot bears.

Shamus I'm waiting for the day some activism council drags you off for genocide of 12 different endangered species and 4 not endangered ones.

ucciolord1

Mar 26, 2009
Virgil said:
Stephen Colbert said:
This quote on this thread is just...
it just...
it just wins so hard.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Shamus Young said:
"Which means that this entire quest has basically the same plot as every episode of Scooby-Doo."
And he'd have gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for you darn Hobbits and your talking...

...wait.

Lulzy bailed, so... technically, he DID get away with it.

AWWWWWRIGHT! Finally, the bad guys win one! Sure, a small one... but baby steps, people! Baby steps!

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
I know I sound like a fanboy on here, but seriously hilarious! A great laugh at the end of the day.

mptothedc

Jul 23, 2009
Does it change night to day by quest or by the time it is irl?

And can we see your UI :3

Moochii

Mar 19, 2009
mptothedc said:
Does it change night to day by quest or by the time it is irl?
If I recall correctly, about 5 real life hours equals 1 ingame day. There's only a handful of quests that must be done at night (less now than there used to be) but this is one of them.