Shamus Plays WoW #13: Crime and Punishment

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Shamus Plays WoW #13: Crime and Punishment

Much to his dismay, Norman discovers that the people of Westfall are just as nuts as the people of Elwynn Forest.

Read Full Article

kristiankramer

Mar 23, 2010
Great read again. Probably more fun if you're an ex-WoW player like me. :)

When I was playing WoW (in 2005 / 2006 / 2007) it was always fun, even though the quests didn't always make sense. It was playing with other people that made it interesting. That and the roleplaying and rerolling. But reading this... makes ya wonder. Still, I think I'll give it a try again one of these days.

Until then: keep the Shamus stories coming!

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Wow what a great PSA. Remember kids illiterates don't do drugs. Just say no to reading.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Is that 12th picture supposed to be Mad Max reference? Because that's the first thing that sprung to my mind.

Boneasse

Jul 16, 2008
I can't wait to see how Norman is going to crack. For the love of all that is holy, this is some funny shit right ere.

Moriarty70

Canucklehead
Dec 24, 2008
The quest text in WoW can sometimes be like a story told by and idiot, full of sound and fury *puts on sunglasses* signifying nothing.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Oh god that last quest make so sense what so ever!!! That just make all the past quests seen logical.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
The darkside beckons i c

O how terrible it must be for some1 to actually read the quest text RoFL

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Holy crap these quests are significantly more retarded than I remember. Very sad that such stupid thing can be going on in the world's most popular MMO... or is it?

mew4ever23

Mar 21, 2008
I can't wait to see Norman snap. It seems like he's quickly approaching his wits end.

Westfall really changed with the cataclysm, and not for the better. I recently did this quest on my low level human paladin. It really is there, and it is really this dumb. Normally I try not to think too much about quests like this, but this one literally makes no sense. Why not bring the carcass back for them to butcher and eat? Why not just grab the pumpkins that are sitting not 10 feet away? I won't spoil what happens next, but it's kinda disturbing.

I'm now seriously considering dropping the human storyline on him and going to play with the night elves. At least their quests (for the most part) make sense.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
Boneasse said:
I can't wait to see how Norman is going to crack. For the love of all that is holy, this is some funny shit right ere.
He kills everyone in Westfall and joins the Horde?

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
Nicolaus99 said:
^_^ Best one yet Shamus. That dirt pie quest is an awesome find. Us Horde peeps missed out on Ally brand insanity.
The Hoard has a different kind of insanity behind the quests. Really, the only thing that changes is the justification offered. The Alliance justifies murders with justice and duty and all of that hogwash. The Hoard offers survival and maintenance of freedom as excuses. Hell, in some cases the justification itself is crazy, such as any quest given by a gnome standing near machinery or a goblin doing anything.

webrunner

Sep 23, 2009
Wait until you get to Uldum and play through Harrison Jones and the Coffer of Promise. - it's one of the longest quest lines in the entire game and is completely and unabashedly based on the Indiana Jones movies. One of the very first things you do is get blown clear of an explosion inside of a container. One of the last things you see is someone getting their face melted off by the energy released from an ancient, ornate chest.

Xenominim

Jan 11, 2011
This was one of Warcraft's biggest weaknesses for me when I tried it a few years ago, the fact the quests are just designed to be amusing at best and filler at worst instead of interesting and coherent. I know with the number of quests they have to make they can't all be prizewinners, but I can't think of even one that really stood out as 'hey that was a good story' or 'that was an interesting character.'

Nice to see someone at least can get some value out of what there is though.