Shamus Plays: WoW #14: Thinking Inside the Box

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Shamus Plays: WoW #14: Thinking Inside the Box

Norman finds that being a detective is much harder when the crimes make no sense at all.

Read Full Article

Mathak

The Tax Man Cometh
Mar 27, 2009
To be fair, the reason for the original murders is explained at the end of the quests. Apparently they were friends of VanCleef back in the day and recognised Hope as his daughter - she had em killed to keep it secret.

Looking forward to Norman going Rambo next week.

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
My first thought when Laine tells Norman what he's been doing, especially with the murder of the orc thugs was, "Why do you have someone following me?"

AngryMongoose

Elite Member
Jan 18, 2010
Mathak said:
To be fair, the reason for the original murders is explained at the end of the quests. Apparently they were friends of VanCleef back in the day and recognised Hope as his daughter - she had em killed to keep it secret.

Looking forward to Norman going Rambo next week.
Damn, my post was something about that. Err... quick, think of something witty.
Looks like the farmers... bought the farm.
YEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHH!

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Sad to see this feature ending, the WoW jokes were funny, and I'd like to see it go all the way until level 85.

That said, I think the point of the Fulbrows dying was that they owned the land the Defias were operating on. I'm not sure, but I think the sequence of events is that someone did the chain of quests for them, helped their situation, and then when they left they were murdered right before the new generation of adventurers shows up.

That said, I'm surprised you didn't say anything about the most (in)famous aspect of Westfall. The bit where you head down to the farm where you get the harvest reaper quest, target a chicken, and then do /chicken 100x or so. This causes the chicken to eventually give you a quest to get it some feed. You go over to the farmer and buy the feed (which is why he sells this otherwise uselss item), do /chicken again and feed the chicken, at which point it leaves behind an egg you can collect to obtain a white chicken as a static pet (not to be confused with the black chicken pet which you buy). This is still active post-Cataclysm apparently.

I mean honestly, no commentary on Westfall, especially a humerous one, is complete without mentioning adventurers clucking at chickens for that easter egg. :p

kristiankramer

Mar 23, 2010
When experienced like this, MMO are also fun. But it makes me wonder what I enjoyed about them... They're just silly when you think about it. :)

Daemascus

WAAAAAAAAAGHHH!!!!
Mar 6, 2010
kristiankramer said:
When experienced like this, MMO are also fun. But it makes me wonder what I enjoyed about them... They're just silly when you think about it. :)
Arent most games?

InsanityRequiem

Nov 9, 2009
Should totally do Horde next, Shamus! :D

But in seriousness, you proved the main reason why I couldn't get into Alliance questing when I played WoW. Yay quest-log reading!

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Looks like he's really gonna go evil. But this just makes things more fun.
And yeah, I'll be missing him, just hope that the last episode (article?) will be extremely great.

Xanthious

Dec 25, 2008
Man I'm gonna miss this series when it's gone. Hopefully you might consider going horde and trying a series on that. . . . .or DC Universe is out and that could work too!

Fearzone

Boyz! Boyz! Boyz!
Dec 3, 2008
I had two thoughts while reading this: hasn't Blizzard ripped off the Warhammer license enough? ... and shouldn't Norman have a voidwalker by now? I dunno I only played a warlock for the horde.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
Ah man, it ends next week? Oh well, at least I'll get to see Norman lose it and fully turn evil.

And yeah, the gnome customization options they added in Cata are really crazy.