Shamus Plays: WoW #9: No Murloc, No Wedlock

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Shamus Plays: WoW #9: No Murloc, No Wedlock

A pair of lovestruck teenagers live a stone's throw apart. Naturally, this means that getting them together requires murder, alchemy, and a conversation with grandma.

Read Full Article

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
I am seriously enjoying how you keep flipping the morality on dear old Norman. It's rather hilarious.

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
I'm predicting a descent into the darker side of Norman in the future. Looking forward to it.

Georgie_Leech

Nov 10, 2009
My my, the slow descent of Norman to full fledged Warlock, Master of Dark energies etc. etc. is coming along nicely.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
I like the hardening of Norman so far. He is quickly losing that idealism that he had at the beginning.

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
Its all so true, players attack monsters on sight, monsters do the same. Who is more in the right? Players destroy relentlessly in the name of good. Nothing is taboo, not even the murder of children, so long as it isnt a "good" child.

Fearzone

Boyz! Boyz! Boyz!
Dec 3, 2008
I've often thought it would be interesting if you made an online game where everything was available all the time... I don't actually know if that would make the game better, but it would be an interesting experiment to see how people behave.
Your utopian MMO is EVE Online. There was a quest where I had to go rescue some marines, which I did, though out of carelessness my ship got blown up in a battle on the way back to base, and the marines were destroyed with it, and I couldn't cancel and re-accept the quest.

So in the one-out-of-two-times I ever communicated with another player during the month I played EVE, I asked in general chat what I should do. Somebody told me to check the auction house. Sure enough, the auction house had "marines," plenty of them, and they weren't that expensive either. So I bought them and the quest-giver happily accepted those.

bcpond

May 24, 2009
I would like to see you go through stonetalon mountains-> southern barren-> 1k needles. Those quests are allot more interesting then the ones you are going through. Your writing is allot of fun but I feel you are relying a little to heavily on the impracticality of the quests and neglecting story development in favor of character development.

The Lizard of Odd

Jun 23, 2009
I have to say I've been absolutely loving this series. The way you go through each quest and consider the logic (or complete and utter lack of) involved in each one is hilarious and awesome. I hope you keep it up for some time!

pumasuit

Aug 7, 2009
Your justification of the nonsense that most quests require is well put. Look forward to this feature more than Zero Punctuation these days.

kotorfan04

Aug 7, 2009
This is quickly becoming my favorite thing on the site. You think we can get bigger or more frequent updates? I know you have a TON of stuff on your plate at the moment, but this series tops ZP in my book. Anyways great work as usual Mr. Young, keep it up and if you ever feel like releasing a Friday or Monday update you won't hear any protest from me. :)

Fleaman

Nov 10, 2010
If the denizens of Azeroth weren't all lazy, crazy, or stupid, they would obviously feel no need to do their chores by giving all their riches and magical treasures to shiftless bepauldroned mercenaries. Though I sympathize with Norman's plight, I myself happen to be a shiftless mercenary not yet rich enough to afford pauldrons. If he keeps trying to rock the boat, he might just find himself in a merchantile accident in which his head gets traded for some copper and a pair of nice gloves if you know what I mean.

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
Fearzone said:
I've often thought it would be interesting if you made an online game where everything was available all the time... I don't actually know if that would make the game better, but it would be an interesting experiment to see how people behave.
Your utopian MMO is EVE Online. There was a quest where I had to go rescue some marines, which I did, though out of carelessness my ship got blown up in a battle on the way back to base, and the marines were destroyed with it, and I couldn't cancel and re-accept the quest.

So in the one-out-of-two-times I ever communicated with another player during the month I played EVE, I asked in general chat what I should do. Somebody told me to check the auction house. Sure enough, the auction house had "marines," plenty of them, and they weren't that expensive either. So I bought them and the quest-giver happily accepted those.
Tsk, tsk... descending to slavery now? LOL!

greenflash

Jul 13, 2010
Pugiron said:
Back when I played D&D, we went evil instead of good for one simple rason: Wipng out an entire community of Dwarves was better XP than wiping out a colony of Goblins, and more profitable. It was the exact same thing, just wearing a different team's colors and it was way a better payoff.
i was always evil because i made more XP and gold from robing a quest giver then from actaully doing the quest. if hes going to pay you for the quest then that means hes got the gold on him so juat kill him and loot it.