Share a song that represents how you feel today

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Whenever you're feeling a certain way, sometimes it feels like a song perfectly describes how you feel. Share those songs when you feel like that.

Here's how I feel today.

Simon and Garfunkel's 'The Sound of Silence'

Last edited:

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Maybe not a mood for today specifically, but, I'm making some pretty huge changes in my life right now. Quitting my job, and I'll start making some strides towards a future where I no longer feel at odds with the world around me and how I survive in it. Gonna start living my life a little more for myself and what will work for me, rather than try to fit myself into situations that don't.
I'm pretty excited to start working towards this, so, this song comes to mind when I think about the possibilities of what I'm gonna do next.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
Well, my "standard state" is defeated, tired depression - trying to just get to the evenings/weekends. For the moment something like this:

Reactions: XsjadoBlaydette

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
I feel sympathetic with the french protesters yet outside of their movement.

I must really tell Angèle that it's the revolution here
That all the kids are trashing the dustbins of the area
That she must take her moped, get out of her home
Ditch her tv series to come give me on these rebel games an explanation

Agèle tells me that I have to understand that they necessarily have their reasons
The want to know towards what they're being dragged and who they are
It's normal that they have a problem with that, given that no one answers them
Angèle tells me that I have to understand their reaction

That kiddo who's barely fifteen lets her emotions explode
With her taste for hate-less revolt and her passions
Youth is such an ancient pain in lack of sympathy
That we should all have for Angèle some adoration

Reactions: BrawlMan

Absent

Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
Old and cheesy and french and naive, but still. Makes me think of a lot of people nowadays. From french protesters to any lgbt+ people anywhere...

If they organise for you a well-steered life where you'll soon forget your self
If they make you dance on a soul-less tune like a love that one quits
If you realise that life is not there, that in the morning you get up without knowing where you're heading
Resist
Prove that you exist
Seek your happiness everywhere, go, refuse this egoistical world
Resist
Follow your heart which insists
This world isn't yours, come, fight, sign and persist

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA

Felt like this yesterday when I was trying to ask for advice on how to describe a big woman in my story. I was trying to lead with flattering terms so I could get neutral ones but then everyone thought I was talking about someone with an hourglass figure and once I got more specific I ended up getting a bunch of fat jokes. I just couldn't win.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016

Felt like this yesterday when I was trying to ask for advice on how to describe a big woman in my story. I was trying to lead with flattering terms so I could get neutral ones but then everyone thought I was talking about someone with an hourglass figure and once I got more specific I ended up getting a bunch of fat jokes. I just couldn't win.
You could just specify a rough height and weight I guess. In kilograms of course, no one understands pounds.

XsjadoBlaydette

Piss-Drinking Nazi Wine-Mums
May 26, 2022
Country
Wales

Sounds like an unhelpful place for advice there unfortunately. When you say big, do you mean tall, hench muscular, or more on the wider chunkier side of human silhouettes? And by flattering, do you mean being positive about them visually? Or their confidence? Or sense of style? Demeanor? Attitude? The key is in the details. Also the devil apparently, but don't worry about that cheeky scamp! Just grab the key and leg it. Wait, what am I even on about?

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Nothing like getting up on a nice sunny spring morning, putting on some Bob Marley and then getting out into the countryside

Absent

Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
Am easily moved by trans-generational revolt, and the hope in youthful solidarity against a world that seeks to impose dehumanization and indifference as normalcy.

So it can be old antifascist punk rock like this simple enumeration of salutations to every kind of human groups or identities they could think of.

Or it can be old greek anarcho-leftist singers in front of a new generation that appropriate their songs and themes. The energy going through them is pretty touching and uplifting, no matter how cheesy the singers may seem.

It's a video I often come back to, to remind myself that these struggles will go on, that mankind isn't completely giving up. For context, the second song of that second video (3:12) had become famous since a rapper (who had made a popular cover of it) got assassinated by militants of the greek neonazi party. The singer here is the original author, the murder had happened one year before that concert. Hence the emotion of the crowd.

Anyway, today is a day where my mind goes back to such songs, out of solidarity for the french people's current outrage against their cynical and blatantly antidemocratic government.

Last edited: