Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

Reactions: gorfias

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I don't consider that an odd criticism. Its a pitfall the genre kind of has given its origins. What I do find odd is that a game about a stray cat is a CYBERPUNK genre game and thus can be subject to it. Like, how? Am I doing battle against Iriomote Ninja Cats send by Arasaka? Are the dogs chasing me down the alleyway from a Militech K9 Unit?

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
I don't consider that an odd criticism. Its a pitfall the genre kind of has given its origins. What I do find odd is that a game about a stray cat is a CYBERPUNK genre game and thus can be subject to it. Like, how? Am I doing battle against Iriomote Ninja Cats send by Arasaka? Are the dogs chasing me down the alleyway from a Militech K9 Unit?
People that made the game: Oh wow look at this thing human beings did in a place and time. Cool. I feel inspired from that. I'll make my own thing with that as inspiration.

Person that made the article: Wow, look at these non asian, non Hong Kong people making something that was inspired by a thing that happened in a different country. And they even put one robot in the game with a conical hat! Racist!

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I don't think I've ever seen that sort of thing before. I clicked on the link and there was your parenting video... but just kept going on and on with other videos. Most of them are terrific too.
EDIT: Clicked a 2nd time, your video and all new videos after. Thing could be very addictive.

Last edited:

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
This book cover featuring young Michael Cera, older Michael Cera and what looks like a mustachio'd Ben Kingsley and Michael Cera hybrid.

Big Brother is watching indeed, tho I'm pretty sure he wants to fuck me.