That you really begin to hear it and see it

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Ignore the game, I love the intro to this video.

I want to see this in a story. Some guy is robbing a grocery store, the apocalypse happens (Zombies or any other kind) and then both the robber and the grocer just decide to go the pragmatic route and work together to deal with the situation.

Reactions: gorfias

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
This is epic. When one man can convince dozens of random strangers all over a department store to make monkey noises on his signal, I'm reminded there's hope for humanity.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Yeah, that story gets mentioned a lot, but I don't really buy it. If you've seen through the enemy's deception, you generally don't want to let them know you have for no reason. And to risk one of your planes in enemy airspace to do so.
Not all victories are measured in square space taken. Think about all the work, counter intelligence and resources the Germans used to make all of that, just for the RAF to drop the equivalent of the sad trombone noise on it.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Not all victories are measured in square space taken. Think about all the work, counter intelligence and resources the Germans used to make all of that, just for the RAF to drop the equivalent of the sad trombone noise on it.
Morale isn't just about people feeling good or bad, but about the will to do what it takes to accomplish the mission. What the RAF did here was really take some wind out of their enemies' sails.

Reactions: TheMysteriousGX

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
On the one hand, you could argue that letting the enemy know you know what they're up to means that you can't listen in on them I observed any more

On the other hand, the enemy now knows that you know what they're up to, have always known what they're up to, and you don't know where the peak is. The sheer paranoia and distrust would do a fair bit to jam up enemy communications