Share some things that make you smile!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I got a large bible, a waffle maker, and birthday money! Still waiting on my brother to hand me my gift later today. Watching the Olympics Opening Ceremony.

Going to the arcade in Downtown Detroit tomorrow as an additional celebration.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
My girlfriend received her last round of radiation yesterday, and has been given the "cancer free" green light; she rang the bell.

It's been a long 8 months since her diagnosis, but the care provided by her surgeon, oncologist, radiologist and all their respective staff has been amazing. If you've never been subjected to a cancer treatment facility, know that you'd be hard pressed to find more positive people in this world on both sides of the operation, and that irony is not lost on me. So many people we met just in our daily comings and goings, and when she rang the bell, the hugs and high fives were enough to break the thickest shell. When strangers cheer for strangers, you're reminded that humanity isn't complete shit.

What hurts my heart is knowing that on the same day she was cleared, several someones' journeys only started. I know the struggle and fight now; I wish those people nothing but the best, and pray they receive the same care as we were privy to. #FuckCancer

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
My girlfriend received her last round of radiation yesterday, and has been given the "cancer free" green light; she rang the bell.

It's been a long 8 months since her diagnosis, but the care provided by her surgeon, oncologist, radiologist and all their respective staff has been amazing. If you've never been subjected to a cancer treatment facility, know that you'd be hard pressed to find more positive people in this world on both sides of the operation, and that irony is not lost on me. So many people we met just in our daily comings and goings, and when she rang the bell, the hugs and high fives were enough to break the thickest shell. When strangers cheer for strangers, you're reminded that humanity isn't complete shit.

What hurts my heart is knowing that on the same day she was cleared, several someones' journeys only started. I know the struggle and fight now; I wish those people nothing but the best, and pray they receive the same care as we were privy to. #FuckCancer
I'm really glad to hear that she's doing so well. :)

Side note: I must admit, that I immediately thought of the opening to Saints Row 4, when I saw your #FuckCancer. I feel no shame for that.

Last edited:

davidmc1158

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020

I'm glad that she is doing well. I can truly sympathize, by the way. (At the current rate of shrinkage, I could be declared cancer-free and get off the immuno-therapy in one to two years).

Also, I want to second the sentiments about the staff at the hospitals/treatment centers. They wade through all the crap human biology and human nature can throw at them and still smile, treat people with dignity and respect. When (if) the day comes when I'm going to ring the bell myself, I'm planning on dropping off a couple of cheesecakes for the oncology and radiology staff. They deserve a complete ticker-tape parade, but I'm on a budget.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I'm glad that she is doing well. I can truly sympathize, by the way. (At the current rate of shrinkage, I could be declared cancer-free and get off the immuno-therapy in one to two years).

Also, I want to second the sentiments about the staff at the hospitals/treatment centers. They wade through all the crap human biology and human nature can throw at them and still smile, treat people with dignity and respect. When (if) the day comes when I'm going to ring the bell myself, I'm planning on dropping off a couple of cheesecakes for the oncology and radiology staff. They deserve a complete ticker-tape parade, but I'm on a budget.
Thank you, and my sincerest hopes you DO ring that bell soon. Let's claim it; it's not a matter of "if" but WHEN you ring that bell, my friend.

And as for your planned gift, it sounds perfect. They don't expect much, but watching someone beat the disease they pride themselves on fighting every day is probably more reward than most of us find in our daily grind. We got the nurses and staff cupcakes and kolaches, but they weren't worried about that; they were more concerned about taking pictures with yet another survivor! Your gratitude will be worth a million cheesecakes, I promise you.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
You mean the chaos blades? Or the scythe that kind of looks like the one from Dante's Inferno, but isn't made out of bones?
Death' Dante's Scythe from Dante's Inferno. The staff part is made out of bones. My guess is either the artist could not remember that detail, or they couldn't make it that detailed far away.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Death' Dante's Scythe from Dante's Inferno. The staff part is made out of bones. My guess is either the artist could not remember that detail, or they couldn't make it that detailed far away.
Yeah that's what I thought, but my brain said "That's not boney enough for Dante :LOL: " Truthfully, I didn't like using his scythe, because that combat style was dependent on you going the Punish route, not the Redemption. Basically it was the Renegade weapon, and the crucifix was the Paragon weapon. So I actually almost never used it, because Paragon For Life! Yeah I said it DBZA Vegeta!! Come at me!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Yeah that's what I thought, but my brain said "That's not boney enough for Dante :LOL: " Truthfully, I didn't like using his scythe, because that combat style was dependent on you going the Punish route, not the Redemption. Basically it was the Renegade weapon, and the crucifix was the Paragon weapon. So I actually almost never used it, because Paragon For Life! Yeah I said it DBZA Vegeta!! Come at me!
You ruined it. You ruined it and I love it.

Reactions: happyninja42