Share some things that make you smile!

davidmc1158

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Just what it says on the tin: post some things that make you smile. Things are annoying enough nowadays that we should share some laughs!

I'll start off the insanity with a list of book titles that I found amusing. Please note, these are actual published books!

Animals as Criminals by J. Brand (1896)
A Pictoral Book of Tongue Coating by Anonymous (1981)
Fish Who Answer the Telephone by Professor Y.P. Frolov (1937)
Cancer: Is the Dog the Cause? by Samuel Cort (1933)
The Romance of Leprosy by E. Mackerchar (1949)
The Baby Jesus Touch and Feel Book by Linda Parry and Alan Parry (1995)
Constipation and Civilization by J.C. Thomson (1943)

Of course, any such list of crazy book titles could hardly be comprehensive, which is why I have more to list.

The Pleasures of the Torture Chamber by John Swain (1931)
Teach Yourself Alcoholism by Meier Glatt (1975)
Build Your Own "Hindenburg" by Alan Rose (1983)
The Bright Side of Prison Life by Captain S.A. Swiggert (1897)
Children Are Wet Cement by Ann Orlund (1981)
Scouts in Bondage by Geoffrey Prout (1930)
Do Snakes Have Legs? by Bert Cunningham (1934)
How to Become a Schizophrenic by John Modrow (1992)
The Day I Passed the Statue of Liberty by Selma Reitmeir (1990)
Reusing Old Graves by D. Davies and A. Shaw (1998)

"But wait," I hear you say. "That obviously can't be all of them." You are quite right, so here's a few more.

New Guinea Tapeworms and Jewish Grandmothers: Tales of Parasites and People by Robert S. Desowitz (1981)
Sex After Death by B. J. Ferrell and D.E. Frey (1983)
How to Get Fat by Edwad Smith (1865)
How to Cook Husbands by Elizabeth Strong Worthington (1899)
Cold Meat and How to Disguise It by M.E. Rattray (1904)
Sex Life of the Foot and Shoe by William Rossi (1977)
How to Be Happy Though Married by E.J. Hardy (1885)
Let's Make Some Undies by Marion hall (1954)
One Hundred and Forty-One Ways of Spelling Birmingham by William Hamper (1880)

So what else gives the members around here the chuckles? Share! Share the madness. Now if you will excuse me, I'm going to look up that Glatt book as I've always wondered about teaching myself alcoholism properly. :)

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
I recently taught my cat to give me high fives for treats. I'll hold out my hand and say "High five." and he'll tap my hand with his paw. Doing that makes me smile.

Also, I recently found/discovered the youtube channels So True, y'all and It's A Southern Thing that are funny as all hell, particularly because I use to live in the United States South.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Nick Calandra

Editor-in-Chief of The Escapist
Escapist +
Mar 13, 2020
Country
USA
Seeing this forum and website growing and active again, with a community that's embracing what we're doing. Never gonna win over everyone that doesn't pay attention and just assumes this site and everyone here is the hellspawn of GG, but we know it's not and that's what matters to me.

Caramel Frappe

Legacy
Dec 10, 2010
California
Country
United States
I don't really smile much, I mean granted I feel joy and happiness doing certain activities like playing games, but this here- this makes me legit smile.

I never imagined, nor dreamed that two fandoms would become so wholesome together. I'm so used to seeing people talk down to the other people's favorite game / genre / character / what have you and flame wars erupt. But, this is very special- seeing two complete opposites come together and love this pairing. Even the devs behind Doom & Animal Crossing approve of it, which means it could very well be canon too.

Yoshi

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
i'm a public servant and work in a call centre for the tax office.

today at work at the end of my call, as the Man was thanking me for my help he also mentioned:

Thanks alot for your help mate, we really appreciate all the work you guys are doing at the moment.
you guys are actually doing a much better ob than telstra is at doing this!
it may be a really low bar to set. but at least we know we're better than Telstra!!!!!!!

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
i'm a public servant and work in a call centre for the tax office.
So it's because of YOU I have to pay my taxes?

WE ARE NOW ENEMIES FOR LIFE!

Yoshi

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
So it's because of YOU I have to pay my taxes?

WE ARE NOW ENEMIES FOR LIFE!
nah. i'm in an outsourced call centre so i don't really give a flying fuck if you pay them or not. :3

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Popeyes is a Louisiana-based fried chicken fast food restaurant. This is fucking hilarious. I've watched it about 30 times, and still can't stop laughing.

Reactions: lil devils x

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
Popeyes is a Louisiana-based fried chicken fast food restaurant. This is fucking hilarious. I've watched it about 30 times, and still can't stop laughing.

I've gotten Popeye's drive-thru a couple of times... this seems about right.