Share some things that make you smile!

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
Another thing that makes me smile: I've been able to engage with my favorite hobby during the pandemic. I make soap in my free time. It's tons of fun to do with friends and family, and it makes nice small gifts you can give to them.
Also, by tweeking the recipe, I can make bars that fit my desires 100%. I want a firm bar that holds its shape but also has a decent superfat level (amount of oils that don't get converted into soap). It's very good for people with sensitive skin.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Another thing that makes me smile: I've been able to engage with my favorite hobby during the pandemic. I make soap in my free time. It's tons of fun to do with friends and family, and it makes nice small gifts you can give to them.
Also, by tweeking the recipe, I can make bars that fit my desires 100%. I want a firm bar that holds its shape but also has a decent superfat level (amount of oils that don't get converted into soap). It's very good for people with sensitive skin.
Do you make those bath fizzies too?

I am going to guess you don't make my soap though.. unless you like to use super moisturizing girly soap that smells like roses, and not the awful rose scents they sell at most hobby stores, but the ones that smell soft and like actual roses usually containing rose oil. I either use those or the ones with Hyaluronic Acid , ceramides and Glycerin. They usually refer to my soap as " beauty bar" XD

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
Do you make those bath fizzies too?
Bath bombs? Not yet.

I am going to guess you don't make my soap though.. unless you like to use super moisturizing girly soap that smells like roses, and not the awful rose scents they sell at most hobby stores, but the ones that smell soft and like actual roses usually containing rose oil. I either use those or the ones with Hyaluronic Acid , ceramides and Glycerin. They usually refer to my soap as " beauty bar" XD
I made shampoo bars that smell like rose, and since roses are my favorite flowers in terms of appearance and scent, I want to do more with it.
My personal favorite to work with is mint. As a scent, it just has a very clean feeling.

Reactions: lil devils x

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Bath bombs? Not yet.

I made shampoo bars that smell like rose, and since roses are my favorite flowers in terms of appearance and scent, I want to do more with it.
My personal favorite to work with is mint. As a scent, it just has a very clean feeling.
That is pretty impressive. Not many guys make rose soaps. :D Rose oil has a good scent if you can find scent that actually smells like roses and not that awful stuff I made the mistake of sniffing at hobby lobby or walmart.. Just don't do it, it was awful. I actually grow mint. in my kitchen window. My parents have a ton of it on the farm, but I like to keep fresh mint on hand. LOL

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
That is pretty impressive. Not many guys make rose soaps. :D Rose oil has a good scent if you can find scent that actually smells like roses and not that awful stuff I made the mistake of sniffing at hobby lobby or walmart.. Just don't do it, it was awful. I actually grow mint. in my kitchen window. My parents have a ton of it on the farm, but I like to keep fresh mint on hand. LOL
I don't who it was who decided that women should always smell of flowers and men of trees and musk, but I don't agree with it.

I also grow mint (spearmint) on my porch, with a wide variety of flowers. I wasn't able to access my small porch garden for a few days because a spider had set up shop with a massive web and I prefer to leave spiders alone. They eat bugs, after all.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
I don't who it was who decided that women should always smell of flowers and men of trees and musk, but I don't agree with it.

I also grow mint (spearmint) on my porch, with a wide variety of flowers. I wasn't able to access my small porch garden for a few days because a spider had set up shop with a massive web and I prefer to leave spiders alone. They eat bugs, after all.
Most of my perfumes and soaps are rose scented.. I honestly don't like most of the cologne guys wear at all.. makes my eyes water. Though I do like the one my guy wears, he wears this one:
Fahrenheit
He used to wear another one but he stopped when it kept making me sneeze.
These are a few of the ones I like:
Chloe Roses
Tresor lumineuse
True Love
I really like how soft rose and powdery True Love smells and have had soaps, lotions and body washes in that as well and it was nice. It has more of a rose scent though than seems to be reported:

True Love by Elizabeth Arden is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. True Love was launched in 1994. The nose behind this fragrance is Sophia Grojsman. Top notes are apricot, green notes, freesia and peach; middle notes are iris, orris root, jasmine, heliotrope, lily-of-the-valley and rose; base notes are sandalwood, amber, vanilla and cedar.

I actually wanted to try to make my S.O. soap, and deodorant using an unscented deodorant with Fahrenheit but he really hated the unscented one I was going to try because of the texture and it crumbing so I never got that far. Just trying to find an unscented one that performs the way he likes and has the right texture is a challenge on it's own before even attempting to remelt it with the right scent. LOL

Last edited:

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Not so much smile as burst out in laughter. Then I looked at I again and laughed even harder, just from the sheer stupidity of it. You see, Tite Kubo, of Bleach fame, has recently done a new manga ... and this is the design for one of the characters:
Cuz the Boob Window is passée, make way for the Pussy Porthole!

Last edited:

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Not so much smile as burst out in laughter. Then I looked at I again and laughed even hard, just form the sheer stupidity of it. You see, Tite Kubo, of Bleach fame, has recently done a new manga ... and this is the design for one of the characters:
The Boob Windows is passée, make way for the Pussy Porthole!
Oh my. Now we had this to deal with.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Oh my. Now we had this to deal with.
Oh, just you wait, because it gets so, so much better. Unbelievably better. Cuz then I had to know what this character's name is. I just had to. And I found it. Wanna know?

Cquntnire Milieve

Her name is friggin Cquntnire!

I'm seriously trying my utmost to collect myself enough to type this post, I'm laughing so hard.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Oh, just you wait, because it gets so, so much better. Unbelievably better. Cuz then I had to know what this character's name is. I just had to. And I found it. Wanna know?

Cquntnire Milieve

Her name is friggin Cquntnire!

I'm seriously trying my utmost to collect myself enough to type this post, I'm laughing so hard.
Is there an "in joke" here? I consider myself reasonably literate, and for the life of me, I can't guess at how that's even pronounced or what it might mean.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Out of context Sailor Moon dub clips are the best.

Last edited:

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Not so much smile as burst out in laughter. Then I looked at I again and laughed even harder, just from the sheer stupidity of it. You see, Tite Kubo, of Bleach fame, has recently done a new manga ... and this is the design for one of the characters:
Cuz the Boob Window is passée, make way for the Pussy Porthole!
I’m not sure what it says about me personally but I thought this was in relation to her bust and my first thought was that Anime has been outdoing superheroes on that front for like, ever.

Kae

Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
More!

The last one is me when I win my award!

Last edited:

Kae

Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
I know this is the 3rd one but there are like hundreds of these and it's killing me.

Dammit weatherman!

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020

I do kind of want a soap/candle that smells like barbecue, mesquite, and gasoline, just because I like those smells.

I found, just now, a company called Homesick that makes those kinds of candles. They also make candles for every state. Ever wanna smell like Ohio? Well now you can!

Reactions: CM156