Share some things that make you smile!

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Nope, but some people were offended back in 2007. I find this song relevant and important now as it was back then. "Read a Book" is funny and truthful.
Kind of reminds me of this. Same general idea. Would be amazing with some more polish. It's a bit rough imo.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
1611623903610.png

Dunno what this is about but.. like it all the same!1611623903610.png

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Sorry, but this is the best:
That kind of reminds me of a conversation I had with a coworker like 25 years ago, when they asked me why I wasn't a fan of rap. At that time, gangsta rap was THE thing. And every song/video out there, was some variation of that video parody you linked. And I remember basically saying "the fact that the songs boil down to these things, I find boring, plus I don't really like the way most rappers sound horrible, like vocally. But you know, benjamins and bitches yall! Holllah!" And I remember him kind of being at a loss for words when I said "because mostly all the popular stuff is just 'look at me, i've got money and all these bitches, don't you wish you were me? I'm harder and more sexually virulent than all the other people. they all think I'm a poser, but the reality is they are the posers, I'm the OG "

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
That kind of reminds me of a conversation I had with a coworker like 25 years ago, when they asked me why I wasn't a fan of rap. At that time, gangsta rap was THE thing. And every song/video out there, was some variation of that video parody you linked. And I remember basically saying "the fact that the songs boil down to these things, I find boring, plus I don't really like the way most rappers sound horrible, like vocally. But you know, benjamins and bitches yall! Holllah!" And I remember him kind of being at a loss for words when I said "because mostly all the popular stuff is just 'look at me, i've got money and all these bitches, don't you wish you were me? I'm harder and more sexually virulent than all the other people. they all think I'm a poser, but the reality is they are the posers, I'm the OG "
Let me show you some real hip hop and none of that crappy mainstream stuff.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Honestly hadn't even thought about Mike Shinoda doing anything outside Linkin Park, but I really like this. Good call!
He's been doing solo work outside Linkin Park for years. Fort Minor came out around 2004. I highly recommend that and it's most recent albums.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Damn straight. Wear your helmet. Might not look as cool, but it'll stop you from becoming cold.
What I love is not only does he praise his protective gear protecting him, but you hear the other people around him cheering in agreement. xD That's encouraging to see.