Shark of the Week

Nick Lerman

Aug 27, 2013
Shark of the Week

A moment of silence for the heroic and terrifying heritage of the poodle dog.

Read Full Article

shirkbot

Apr 15, 2013
If the clown shark is unnatural, where do they come from? And how did poodles become their natural prey?

Nick Lerman

Aug 27, 2013
shirkbot said:
If the clown shark is unnatural, where do they come from? And how did poodles become their natural prey?
Thank you for your questions.

The sharks themselves are quite natural but the hats, wigs, noses, ruffled collars, baggy suits and various other accoutré mon are predominantly sourced from China. Vietnamese and Philippine manufacturing sectors are making inroads, as of late.

The animosity between poodle dog and clown shark has been brewing since the Fifth Egyptian dynasty, circa 2500 BC. Not coincidentally, this is also the time of our first historical evidence of the clown. Dogs know things, secret things.

God of Path

God of Path
Jul 6, 2011
Little did we know that the adoption of poodles as child-torture devices (and pets) would lead to the decimation of the clown shark population. Donate now to the Nick Lerman to protect the endangered unnatural clown shark!

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
Thus the raining of cats and dogs proves to be continually more deadly in the Silly regions of the ocean.

(God I love this web comic)

Nick Lerman

Aug 27, 2013
Dr.Susse said:
Thus the raining of cats and dogs proves to be continually more deadly in the Silly regions of the ocean.
The boat dropped me off in the silly region of the ocean a long time ago.
I hope they'll return to fetch me soon.
My fingers are all wrinkly and I'm almost out of poodles.

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
Remember when this comic used to be about a girl who hallucinated video games characters all around her? What happened to that? Now we get clowns almost every week. This is a travesty. 19 more weeks of this and I am done with you, Nick.

On a more serious note, I have to question the accuracy of this comic. That clown shark's hat is all wrong. The spiral is a left-hand thread. Even the best Swiss machine shops do not currently have the technology to craft that hat. I'm not really sure how you could even have drawn it. Ludicrous.

Nick Lerman

Aug 27, 2013
Clankenbeard said:
Remember when this comic used to be about a girl who hallucinated video games characters all around her? What happened to that? Now we get clowns almost every week. This is a travesty. 19 more weeks of this and I am done with you, Nick.

On a more serious note, I have to question the accuracy of this comic. That clown shark's hat is all wrong. The spiral is a left-hand thread. Even the best Swiss machine shops do not currently have the technology to craft that hat. I'm not really sure how you could even have drawn it. Ludicrous.
I am, at times, inscrutable. When scruted, ludicrous IS the usual conclusion.
19 is a fair (and prime) number.

This improbable video game comic is almost a year old!