Shia LaBeouf Throws in The Towel, Retires From "Public Life"

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
well, since no on has posted it yet....

On a serious note, I don't know what your talking about a 4th indiana jones movie. If it was good I would of heard of it, it's not like they would make one and ruin it by making it about aliens... and then have Shia Labeouf swinging through the jungle with monkeys who have the same greaser haircut as him to fence some russian psychic on the back of a truck and he;'s really indys biological son.

Because, that would just be terrible.

Pinky's Brain

Mar 2, 2011
Therumancer said:
That's Buzzfeed's opinion, there are others
I'm sure there are people who don't understand what verbatim means and didn't actually listen to the movie and looked at the comic page and compare what the narrator says to the first paragraph in the comic. I'm sure there are people who are either deaf or blind who can not distinguish that the entire introductory narration to the film is the same as the introductory paragraph of the comic, but still want to have a faulty opinion on the matter.

None of these people's opinions are relevant though, because they are contradictory to the facts. In just the first 20 seconds he copy pasted the entire introductory paragraph VERBATIM (in exactly the same words as were used originally). He wilfully copied from the comic, it's no more up for debate than the world being round.

Are you guys flat earthers too?

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
Gee, I wish I could just 'retire from public life'... But just because the world is a scary place and people laugh at you after you did some douchey things doesn't mean you can run away from it.

It seems to me like the guy is just looking for some attention and will emerge from his seclusion when he realizes nobody gives a shit. But will there be work waiting for him? A movie star's name can heavily influence it's number of viewers, and for the foreseeable future, Shia LaBeouf seems like bad stock.

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
Steven Bogos said:
He is currently working on the World War II action flick: Fury, opposite Brad Pitt. Its It's unknown how this announcement will effect affect the future of the film.
I hear the film is called "Grammar Nazis". Brad plays a badly cast possessive pronoun and Shia plays a misunderstood homophone verb. It writes itself--incorrectly.

Sorry. Sorry. It was too easy to pass up. The WWII reference sealed the deal.

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
He's the Justin Bieber of actors. No one should have to suffer his insipid whining through the Transformers trilogy misdirected by Michael fucking Bay.

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
I find this more sad then relieving. Seriously, guys, Shia LaBeouf is NOT THAT BAD! It was Michael Bay and George Lucas responsible for why the Transformers and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull sucked!

soulfire130

Jun 15, 2010
Too bad I guess. He was really bad. He's also crying he's no famous anymore.

Tough cookies? /shrug

Edit: I meant not really bad ("-_-)

marioandsonic

Nov 28, 2009
I'm sure LaBeouf is a decent guy in real life, but nearly every character he's starred as made me want to punch him in the face.

I doubt this will last, though.

Spaceman Spiff

Sep 23, 2013
He'll be back. Some studio will dangle a hefty check to star in a mediocre blockbuster and he'll eagerly take it. It's only a matter of time.

Drake the Dragonheart

The All-American Dragon.
Aug 14, 2008
Mr. Q said:
Not sure he's actually retiring from movies or just from social media. Either way, I feel like river-dancing right now.

Isn't that Willem Dafoe, and is that scene from the Boondock Saints?

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
Drake the Dragonheart said:
Mr. Q said:
Not sure he's actually retiring from movies or just from social media. Either way, I feel like river-dancing right now.

Isn't that Willem Dafoe, and is that scene from the Boondock Saints?
It certainly is Willem Dafoe and that is from Boondock Saints. Nice to find gifs like this online, ain't it? =)

Dascylus

May 22, 2010
MB202 said:
I find this more sad then relieving. Seriously, guys, Shia LaBeouf is NOT THAT BAD! It was Michael Bay and George Lucas responsible for why the Transformers and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull sucked!
But he was the one that definitely ripped off the graphic novel.

Someone has posted the Youtube copy and a page of the graphic novel and I could read along to the movie verbatim from the page.
Then he makes light of it in his apology by making a joke of it. If you have ripped off someone elses work and they catch you which forces your overpaid ass to make a public apology, you'd better make that apology formal too.
But he didn't, his apology was a deliberate copy of another apology and the world called him on it but he thinks it all so unfair.
Regardless of what you may think of him otherwise, this is pretty dickish behaviour.

Oh and Crystal Skull sucked balls, as a movie.
It sucked balls like a nuclear powered vacuum cleaner attached to the back end of a cheap thai hooker as a part of the franchise. And no, rewatching it years after the furore didn't work. It still sucked like a perpetual sucking machine that increases its power to suck by the energy it created by sucking so hard the first time I watched it.

Not really LaBeefs fault though. He sucked with his plagarism.

Wow, I got more worked up than usual here. I'm gonna go make a cuppa and watch something original and decent.

Fleaman

Nov 10, 2010
Thread summary:

Template A: Good riddance, his movies suck.

Template B: He's not a bad guy. These movies were decent.

Template C: Good riddance, plagiarism is the DEVIL

Template Bs are kinda weird. How are you all missing this plagiarism thing?

Clankenbeard said:
Steven Bogos said:
He is currently working on the World War II action flick: Fury, opposite Brad Pitt. Its It's unknown how this announcement will effect affect the future of the film.
I hear the film is called "Grammar Nazis". Brad plays a badly cast possessive pronoun and Shia plays a misunderstood homophone verb. It writes itself--incorrectly.
This is the best worst joke.

Robert Marrs

Mar 26, 2013
I would be happy to never see him in another movie again. I don't really care if he is a crappy person or what he does in his personal life I just hate him as an actor. He plays the same annoying, awkward character every time and it really sucks.