Shin Megami Tensei Favorite Finally Sees US Release

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Shin Megami Tensei Favorite Finally Sees US Release

Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers has put out a teaser video ahead of its 2013 release.

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers, which up until now has never seen an English language release, will be remade for the 3DS. Smoother animation and a new intro sequence will feature in this reissue; you can get a glimpse of what will be on offer in this teaser video.

"Soul Hackers delivers a first-person, dungeon crawling RPG experience," says developer Atlus, "set in a future where technology and otherworldly forces meet in a macabre fusion of cyberpunk futurism and gothic horror." You play as one of a band of hackers, the 'Spookies', who travel around in a van, battling the Phantom Society for the souls of Amami City.

Megami Tensei is the same mythic RPG setting that gave us Persona 4, which recently got its own Vita re-release [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/119657-Persona-4-Golden-Goes-Gold-In-November]. No confirmed release date for this 3DS title yet, beyond Spring 2013.

Source: Eurogamer [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-12-20-shin-megami-tensei-devil-summoner-soul-hackers-is-coming-to-north-america-this-spring]

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
*Manly Tear

I love the fan-tran, I hope Atlus does this justice.

Now if only P2P2 would get a release date.
:D

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
The 3Ds library is starting to give me reason to buy the system.
There have been some very promising games announced lately.

BeastofShadow

Jun 29, 2009
"You play as one of a band of hackers, the 'Spookies', who travel around in a van" why did my mind immediately finish that sentence with "solving mysteries"?

Zombie_Moogle

Dec 25, 2008
Eclipse Dragon said:
The 3Ds library is starting to give me reason to buy the system.
There have been some very promising games announced lately.
Shame they couldn't make that happen a year ago :/
Between the english releases, sequels, & ports, I see no reason they couldn't have

Biodeamon

Apr 11, 2011
Sooo basically they just joined their previous game game Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey with Ghost in the shell and replaced the main charecters with scooby doo?

oh god the fan-art possibilities

Suicidejim

Jul 1, 2011
The only thing making me hesitant is the first-person dungeon crawling stuff, because that crap can be tedious as hell. Other than that, more SMT is always a great thing.

Although I do wish they'd keep making Devil Survivor instalments, since those are easily my favourite games in the series.

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
BeastofShadow said:
"You play as one of a band of hackers, the 'Spookies', who travel around in a van" why did my mind immediately finish that sentence with "solving mysteries"?
"Now let's see who the giant penis driving a chariot really is."

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Yeeeeeeeeeessssssssss. :D

More SMT is never, ever a bad thing in my book. Bring it on! :D Now if you will excuse me, I need to go get a 3DS...

Stalydan

Mar 18, 2011
McMarbles said:
BeastofShadow said:
"Now let's see who the giant penis driving a chariot really is."
I can't imagine this in any other voice except for Finn's since I saw your icon.

OT: And now to wait years until I can get an EU release of this because Atlus doesn't have a permanent publisher for Europe. What annoys me more is I'm English so I wouldn't need a translated version either :(

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
... I hate you Atlus...

FIRST! You get me to buy a Vita just for Persona 4 Golden! Now you want me to buy a 3DS too?!

Where's my wallet...

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
The description in the article makes it sound like Scooby Doo, but with more violence.

I'm okay with this

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
BeastofShadow said:
Jinkies! You're right!