Shit's gotten real with McDonald's ice cream machines

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
In the UK the burger and fries market is fairly squarely cornered by McDonalds, KFC, and Burger King. McDonalds is unexciting but cheap, KFC is generally better as long as you like chicken and avoid the on-the-bone offerings, and Burger King is generally the best all round at the cost of being the most expensive. Inevitably McDonalds is by far the most numerous and is therefore the one I end up eating most; separate McDonalds were the closest fast food joint to both my university halls, and it's the only one in the nearest town to me. (The nearest city has all three, but it also has rather nicer offerings outside that group.)
What about the fish and chip shops? They usually sell burgers or steak sandwiches don't they?

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
What about the fish and chip shops? They usually sell burgers or steak sandwiches don't they?
Yeah, I was just talking about chains. Modern fish and chip shops often sell doner kebabs, burgers, pies, saveloy sausages, and some form of chicken.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Yeah, I was just talking about chains. Modern fish and chip shops often sell doner kebabs, burgers, pies, saveloy sausages, and some form of chicken.
But also still fish and chips, I assume?