"Shocking" Modern Warfare 2 to be Raised in U.K. Parliament

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
Jabbawocky said:
MY GOD! A game based on war and terroism violent?! Who would have every thought?
HOW DARE THEY MAKE WARFARE LOOK KINDA SORTA NOT REALLY LIKE WARFARE BUT STILL INCLUDE VIOLENCE

dude, in that game if you run some ass with an RPG over with a tank to they turn into tomato paste?

no?

then I can debate the realism of this game.
-------------------------------------------------
Damn kids these days with their Ipods, and their game boys, and their cars, and their card games ,and their grand theft auto, and their condoms, and their artificial insemination, and their hula hoops, and their hopscotch, and their jump ropes, and their flashing shoes, and their tv, and their radio, and their fast cars, and their computers, and their face book, and their twitter, and their wheels.
what can you do? they lived in a different time and when we get old we will act the same way.

Time line of corruption:

big bang (<- not ruling out that they saw this happen with some shigrin)
radio
rock and roll
TV
the government
TV still
Video Games
Video games on the TV

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
Im still trying to figure out why Hillary is trying to emulate that government over here...

Vet2501

Mighty Morphin' Power Ranger
Nov 9, 2009
Oh dear, yet another sad crapwit shooting his mouth off without understanding all the facts (the one thing our government seem good at), or, god forbid, actually playing the offending material to see what all the fuss is about.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
I mean this would be threatening if Vaz was not one of the most corrupt and incompetent members of Parliament since Jeffrey Archer.

Every time that disreputable and untrustworthy idiot says anything against Modern Warfare 2 it will only serve to have the opposite effect.

HotFezz8

Nov 1, 2009
for heaven sake the only reason he cares is that we are giving him attention. just ignore him, if he were to discover he wasn't getting any press coverage he would quickly scurry back into obscurity.

and i have two good reasons to get the game sooner rather than later now...

Player 2

Feb 20, 2009
Amnestic said:
Treblaine said:
News flash: No one voted for our Prime Minister Gordon Brown. The government was voted in under Tony Blair then under inexplicable circumstances he was replaced by Gordon Brown. We are actually due for an election soon but - get this - Brown is delaying it. He can delay it as long as he can dare to.
Uh, no.

That's not how it works. We elected the Labour Party, who elected Tony Blair as their leader. Tony Blair stepped down and the Labour Party (who we elected) then voted Gordon Brown in as their leader.

That's how it works, last I checked anyway.
Yes, but nobody stood against him in the internal labour elections either, so he just kind of inherited the position. He genuinely was never elected.

Cryo84R

Gentleman Bastard.
Jun 27, 2009
Why is this stuff so shocking to people?

You get a nanny state when you ask for one, no matter what country.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Treblaine said:
Doug said:
Treblaine said:
Amnestic said:
Treblaine said:
News flash: No one voted for our Prime Minister Gordon Brown. The government was voted in under Tony Blair then under inexplicable circumstances he was replaced by Gordon Brown. We are actually due for an election soon but - get this - Brown is delaying it. He can delay it as long as he can dare to.
Uh, no.

That's not how it works. We elected the Labour Party, who elected Tony Blair as their leader. Tony Blair stepped down and the Labour Party (who we elected) then voted Gordon Brown in as their leader.

That's how it works, last I checked anyway.
I know that is how it works but put it this way:

The Labour party would NEVER have won if it had been lead by Gordon Brown, it's a classic bait and switch.

The labour party we elected is now NOTHING like the one we have today. Brown was even obliged to hold an election after seizing power but he did not hold an election quite simply because:

HE KNEW HE WOULD LOSE.

He knew he had NO CHANCE with democracy or consent of the people so is clinging on to power as long as possible and dragging the country down with him.
Bait and switch? Seriously? Who couldn't see that Blair was going to step down midterm? Seriously, every sodding news channel wouldn't shut up about it.

Either way, I didn't vote Labour, so nevermind.
Yeah, MID-term. AFTER the election.

Bottom line, no one voted for any government led by Brown and from opinion polls it looks like no one ever will.

Which makes it all the more scandalous that the Prime Minister can delay their judgement by the medium of democracy simply because they know they will lose.

In fact almost every single UK government that delays an election has lost, it's just a mechanism to cling on to power and it only damages the country and bastardizes democracy.
Again, it was highlighted in glowing neon light before the election that this would be the case. As for the term, any parliament can call elections within 5 years, is just that most of them do it to the 4 year terms. Technically, if the MPs agreed, they could have elections every week. Tis the rules. If you don't like it, write to your MP and/or vote for a reformist party.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Cryo84R said:
Why is this stuff so shocking to people?

You get a nanny state when you ask for one, no matter what country.
Again, this isn't the government, its Keith Vaz, a slimmy shit of a man. He's going to have approximately zero effect on the game because everyone ignores his anti-gaming mongering - even the Sun can't be arsed to do a campaign about it, which just shows how unimportant he is.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Look out the GAMES ARE CORRUPTING THE YOUTH

Well, at lest we only really have one major gaming political obstacle left in our country: Hillary Clinton. She's the only one left that I can remember, at least. Or did Thompson get his disbarment overturned?

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
Oh no, a brief bad guy protagonist in a fictional medium, how horrid! We all know what playing Nico Bellic and Kratos for entire games lead to (harmless fun and no real rampages), so based on that, surely anyone who spend time in this might risk having slight fun too! This threat to the boredom of society cannot stand.

May 28, 2009
WrongSprite said:
http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2008/03/keithvaz.jpg

This, ladies and gentleman, is the awe inspiring force of nature intending to bring down MW2.

I don't think it's going to happen.
Why does he make me think of a British Dick Cheny? Pretty sexy eh?

Parliament has many more pressing matters to contend with than this guy. I predict a big can of fail.

Reaperman64

Dec 16, 2008
what happens if he performs the fusion dance with micheal atkinson and jack tompson!
it ill be an unstobbable, knee jerking monster!