"Shocking" Modern Warfare 2 to be Raised in U.K. Parliament

red_dawn_97

Aug 25, 2009
red_dawn_97 said:
Terramax said:
OK, who here DIDN'T see this coming?

WrongSprite said:
http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2008/03/keithvaz.jpg

This, ladies and gentleman, is the awe inspiring force of nature intending to bring down MW2.
What IS it? Does it breed? Can it be killed?
impossible. it seems that soccer moms in the UK and aliens have collaborated to create technology that can create mass suicidal genocide amongst gamers under the age of 18 in the
uk

MrDarkling

Crumpled Ball of Paper
Oct 11, 2009
'Oh man all those 18+ year olds are going to be so upset and disturbed' ¬¬

The game has been rated 18 for a reason like many other games so therefore any children disturbed or upset by this scene is clearly their fault or the parents.

I don't see the problem here, The warnings have been given and people ignore them, get all upset and bit** after.

I find it really pathetic.

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
WrongSprite said:

This, ladies and gentleman, is the awe inspiring force of nature intending to bring down MW2.

I don't think it's going to happen.
Can't we just kill him? I know we would sort of be proving his point, but...

damn, his face is punch-worthy.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Doug said:
Treblaine said:
Amnestic said:
Treblaine said:
News flash: No one voted for our Prime Minister Gordon Brown. The government was voted in under Tony Blair then under inexplicable circumstances he was replaced by Gordon Brown. We are actually due for an election soon but - get this - Brown is delaying it. He can delay it as long as he can dare to.
Uh, no.

That's not how it works. We elected the Labour Party, who elected Tony Blair as their leader. Tony Blair stepped down and the Labour Party (who we elected) then voted Gordon Brown in as their leader.

That's how it works, last I checked anyway.
I know that is how it works but put it this way:

The Labour party would NEVER have won if it had been lead by Gordon Brown, it's a classic bait and switch.

The labour party we elected is now NOTHING like the one we have today. Brown was even obliged to hold an election after seizing power but he did not hold an election quite simply because:

HE KNEW HE WOULD LOSE.

He knew he had NO CHANCE with democracy or consent of the people so is clinging on to power as long as possible and dragging the country down with him.
Bait and switch? Seriously? Who couldn't see that Blair was going to step down midterm? Seriously, every sodding news channel wouldn't shut up about it.

Either way, I didn't vote Labour, so nevermind.
Yeah, MID-term. AFTER the election.

Bottom line, no one voted for any government led by Brown and from opinion polls it looks like no one ever will.

Which makes it all the more scandalous that the Prime Minister can delay their judgement by the medium of democracy simply because they know they will lose.

In fact almost every single UK government that delays an election has lost, it's just a mechanism to cling on to power and it only damages the country and bastardizes democracy.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
The same thing is going on in the Dutch cabinet as well. What I do not understand, is why they keep making statements: it's an abomination, it's tasteless, it's awful, it's this, it's that, etc etc. Instead, why aren't they asking questions? Why aren't they just asking Infinity Ward: why did you put a scene like this in this game? That would be a completely fair thing to do, but instead of doing that they're just ranting. Politicians are way too certain of their own opinion.

Of course we already know why IW did this: they want to make awfulness of the terrorists in the game clear to the people who play the game. It just boggles my mind why some people just don't want to listen to reason. Humans can be so...gah, senseless, I can't stand it when people don't make sense.

PhantomCritic

May 9, 2009
WrongSprite said:

Still seems like another Jack Thompson on the horizon...
OT: I truly hate, or even despise my government now, for letting over-reactive headcases like this in.

Sevre

Old Hands
Apr 6, 2009
I'm going to laugh at this.

Aha..
Hahaha...
Hahahaha!...

AHAHAHA!...Oh shit this looks like a good game.

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
You know what's really violent? The UK Army, it must be dissolved at once to protect the soldiers from seeing violence...

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
Jark212 said:
You know what's really violent? The UK Army, it must be dissolved at once to protect the soldiers from seeing violence...
Glefistus said:
In a related note, Edmonton-=Strathcona MP Linda Duncan was shocked at how badly Activision killed the PC version, and has brought forth a motion in parliament to ban Bobby Kotick from life.

...I wish. >.>

Seriously though, you Brits have got to elect better MPs. I.E. no one in any political party at the moment in Britain. Forget it, no one will ever find a decent and competent politician.

beddo said:
Disaster Button said:
I hate my Government, I really, really do.
Are you more shocked by this or the fact that from this week any public body or quango including but not limited to; Transport for London and the Royal Mail can break into your house and seize your assets without a court order or even involvement from the police?

[link]http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/law/article6892830.ece[/link]
There IS a reason Americans have the right to bear arms, I would kill the fuck out of anyone that entered my house without permission.
Only in Texas...

Sorry about the double...

Pillypill

Aug 7, 2009
VAZ! Vaz is a moron, ever read anything by him (it is a he right?) he's terrible.
Besides '18' is for adults, at 18 you can have sex, drink and smoke, all of which are more likely to cause harm to you than a game.

Remeber kids use a condom.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
One good thing about America. No games are ever banned here. Maybe given a higher rating, but never banned.

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
WrongSprite said:

Am i the only one that saw this when i saw that picture...
<spoiler=Due to size>
http://trudymorgancole.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/alienslitheen.jpg

I wasnt going to rush out to get MW2, But all of a sudden i feel sense of urgency to get it before our great nanny state bans it.

Gunner_Guardian

Jul 15, 2009
Everyone knew there was going to be a massive controversy as soon as we found about that scene.

The only question, how big will it get.

nolongerhere

Winter is coming.
Nov 19, 2008
Noone gives a flying, battery powered fuck about Keith Vaz. The man is useless, and probably corrupt. In fact, search fo his name on google, and the second suggested search is "Keith Vaz corruption".

And here is a link. [http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/1809146.stm]

Feb 13, 2008
As Vaz is the MP for Leicester, I humbly and deeply apologize for this sociopathic idiots rage against anything computer related.

Insanum said:
Am i the only one that saw this when i saw that picture...
*laughs* I was thinking more of Howard from the Halifax ads.

Cmwissy

Aug 26, 2009
Hmmm

Was counter-strike banned?

I would always kill the hostages.

Always.