Shoot Opponents in the Nuts in Combat Arms

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Shoot Opponents in the Nuts in Combat Arms

A new feature in Nexon America's free-to-play Combat Arms encourages players to shoot their foes in the beanbag for instant kills. No, we're not kidding.

Sure, "head shots" have been around in games for ever, so I guess some developers are kind of bored with them. Hence the brand-new feature in Combat Arms [http://combatarms.nexon.net]: "Nut Shot."

Yes, it's precisely what it says it is. See a male opponent approaching your position? Zoom your rifle in and put a bullet not in his brain, but in his scrotum. It'll be just as effective: A one-shot kill as your opponent writhes on the ground in agony at the loss of his Mean Bean Machine.

Honestly, I'm ... not even sure what else to say about this. I can't stop watching the video; I think the little Nutcracker "crunch" is sort of hypnotic. Clearly, other FPS games should follow suit with this groundbreaking new mechanic.

Nivag the Owl

Owl of Hyper-Intelligence
Oct 29, 2008
As much as I disagree with conditioning as a result of gaming, I think rewarding violence towards the nut-sack is a pretty stupid idea.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
...It's something new at least, but I dislike the idea of having more insta-kills.

Nivag the Owl

Owl of Hyper-Intelligence
Oct 29, 2008
There are so many things that could be so much cooler though. Like permanent wounding for once! I long to play an FPS where being shot in the leg substantially decreases your movement until the end of the round.

Joselyn

Feb 5, 2009
I can't decide which is funnier: the nut crunch sound effect or the derisive laughter!!!!

wordsmith

TF2 Group Admin
May 1, 2008
Shot to the nutsack= Instant kill? Why? It wouldn't happen in real life...

Anyway- Shot to the nutsack means them rolling around screaming in pain. Shot to the head means a silent takedown. I guess I'll just stay with my headshots then.

plastic_window

Jun 29, 2008
Didn't anyone play Saint's Row 2? You get an achievment in that for getting 100 nut-shots

Although this is an FPS, so I guess it's kinda different. If this is put into multiplayer too, it could lead to some seriously infuriating situations. Lucky headshots are annoying, lucky nutshots would just make the same situation twice as likely.

I like the sound and the picture that appears, though.

wild_quinine

Mar 18, 2008
You'd have to get up pretty early in the morning to out-nutshoot stranglehold. And you'd have to shoot a lot of nuts, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIdEC21Ol3U

ARM02

Mar 3, 2009
wordsmith said:

Anyway- Shot to the nutsack means them rolling around screaming in pain. Shot to the head means a silent takedown. I guess I'll just stay with my headshots then.
The two femoral arteries pass ver close to there, plus a large blood supply to the intestines, means that you would likely go down almost as quickly as with a headshot.

Izerous

Dec 15, 2008
Nivag said:
Like permanent wounding for once! I long to play an FPS where being shot in the leg substantially decreases your movement until the end of the round.
Dirty Quake instantly comes to mind, well not till end of round but till you die.

Mr.Bubbles43

Jul 23, 2008
Metal Gear Solid 3 had the same thing. If you shot an enemy in the crotch it was the same as if you shot them in the head, one hit kill.

Personally, I find it hilarious and every game should have it.

snuffler

Jun 4, 2008
ARM02 said:
wordsmith said:

The two femoral arteries pass ver close to there, plus a large blood supply to the intestines, means that you would likely go down almost as quickly as with a headshot.
Not only that but if you get shot in the nuts to begin with, well you're not getting up before someone can kill you. So yeah, 1 shot kill from a nut shot makes lots of sense.

If you get shot in the leg however, it's not unheard of to be able to still move and keep on truckin.

ARM02

Mar 3, 2009
snuffler said:
ARM02 said:
wordsmith said:

Not only that but if you get shot in the nuts to begin with, well you're not getting up before someone can kill you. So yeah, 1 shot kill from a nut shot makes lots of sense.

If you get shot in the leg however, it's not unheard of to be able to still move and keep on truckin.
If you get shot anywhere, you're pretty much not getting up until after some hospital treatment.

Taawus

Oct 21, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
EDIT:
Taawus said:
Yay for female characters who dont get another instakill spot added.
Ovary-shot doesn't sound as cool.
Of course, there could be other reasons why a female might fall on the floor , writhing, after getting shot ''at that spot''
Edit: Game balanced once again !

Nexus424

Master Of All That Is Frosty
Dec 26, 2008
Ha that is just win right there. The animation and the laugh seal the deal. That would be a funny if not annoying addition to all. I can imagine in Halo a nut short diminishing your shields instantly.