Status
Not open for further replies.

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States

I find it very "interesting" that this man apparently killed ten people, including one police officer, and yet still gets away being apparently wounded and apprehended. Meanwhile, we get stories of African-Americans who reach for their wallet at the wrong time and get shot because the officer "feared for his life".

This is a tragedy, but beyond just the shooting, it really shows the double standards of how police officers seem to respond to certain situations.

ETA: Belatedly updating the title for accuracy

Last edited:

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Oh only 6? That's better than what I read, I thought it was 10+ with some in critical condition.

I wonder if the police will say he was just having a bad day?

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Oh only 6? That's better than what I read, I thought it was 10+ with some in critical condition.

I've also read ten so far but it's always a little hectic the first day. You'd figure we'd have this down to a science by now with how often these happen! Ha haaaaa

Oh...I made myself sad

Reactions: SilentPony

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

Unlikely. Based on certain factors there is likely to be little support from them because he killed a cop.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

I find it very "interesting" that this man apparently killed six people, including one police officer, and yet still gets away being apparently wounded and apprehended. Meanwhile, we get stories of African-Americans who reach for their wallet at the wrong time and get shot because the officer "feared for his life".

This is a tragedy, but beyond just the shooting, it really shows the double standards of how police officers seem to respond to certain situations.
I couldnt find any info about the race of the shooter. Maybe i missed it. Im assuming he was white and your mad the cops didnt shoot him dead on the spot for some reason.

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
I couldnt find any info about the race of the shooter. Maybe i missed it. Im assuming he was white and your mad the cops didnt shoot him dead on the spot for some reason.
He was white, from reports I've read. While I'm not mad that the cops didn't shoot him, I find it to be a bit of a double standard that someone who shot and killed 10 people (as of now), at least one of which is a cop, manages to be wounded and apprehended, when compared to, say, an African-American man getting shot after being stopped by a policeman for not having a light on his bike, then grabbing the officer's flashlight in an ensuing struggle.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
So we going to have the usual suspects pushing the "Clearly it was a white supremacist racially motivated attack" narrative in this thread too before any evidence comes out again?

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
So we going to have the usual suspects pushing the "Clearly it was a white supremacist racially motivated attack" narrative in this thread too before any evidence comes out again?
Obviously not before we have you bringing in your "I'm just questioning the mainstream political-motivated media narrative because I'm not like you in the echo-chamber" narrative.
Please get over yourself, you're not a special iconoclastic rebel.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
You do realize nobody has done the thing you’re mad about yet?

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Obviously not before we have you bringing in your "I'm just questioning the mainstream political-motivated media narrative because I'm not like you in the echo-chamber" narrative.
Please get over yourself, you're not a special iconoclastic rebel.
Thank you for that so enlightening post that helped move the topic so far forward and didn't just seem like the cynical shouting of a rather upset person from the sidelines./s

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Maybe this time will be the time that really makes people realise the public shouldn't have easy access to implements designed exclusively to kill. Maybe? No? Okay then! We definitely shouldn't exploit this tragedy to bring in laws that would prevent this tragedy happening again.

Idiots.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Maybe this time will be the time that really makes people realise the public shouldn't have easy access to implements designed exclusively to kill. Maybe? No? Okay then! We definitely shouldn't exploit this tragedy to bring in laws that would prevent this tragedy happening again.

Idiots.
Nah clearly this time it was:
(delete as appropriate)
Video games
TV
Film
Some Youtubers
Donald Trump
White supremacy
Toxic masculinity

to blame ./s

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK

Idiots.
Everytime another shooting like this happens, I do think to myself "Well, thats it, this is the straw that will surely break the camel's back, and soon new gun laws will come into place, that will prevent this from happening again".

And then I remember that is exactly what I have been thinking to myself for pretty much every shooting since Sandy Hook.

Guess not.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Everytime another shooting like this happens, I do think to myself "Well, thats it, this is the straw that will surely break the camel's back, and soon new gun laws will come into place, that will prevent this from happening again".

And then I remember that is exactly what I have been thinking to myself for pretty much every shooting since Sandy Hook.

Guess not.
Mass shootings are a price gun owners are prepared to pay for gun ownership. Or, to adapt another saying, "Sometimes the tree of liberty needs to be watered with the blood of massacre victims."

Never mind that as people like Marjorie Taylor Greene could tell us, these shootings are fake, false flag operations spun by the liberal media in cahoots with liberal gun control activists where the so-called "survivors" are just actors.

Status
Not open for further replies.