Short survey on Backpacks (Chance to win: Terraria!)

Vicarious Reality

Jul 10, 2011
If you travel to Work or School and carry electronics, would you say their physical safety (Due to water damage, damage from general force on your bag or damage to your phone as you take it out) is a real issue to you? (1-10, 1 being "Of little concern" and 10 being "Of great concern")

Are you at all worried about the potential to be stolen from your bag (In ways such as someone unzipping and removing your valuables when you are not looking)? (1-10, 1 being "Of little concern" and 10 being "Of great concern")

If you were to have locks on your zips, would you prefer locks which require a key (To be carried separately) or simply locks which are physically not simple to open (In a way that a thief would probably not bother trying) (You may answer Key or No Key)
Key

Do you use head/earphones when travelling with your bag? If yes, then what size are they? (For example, just earphones or full-sized around-the-ear types)
What? Earphones, why would i use a headset outdoors

Do you often find them [Headphone cables] to be tangled when you take them from your pocket/back to use?
Yes

Have you run into times where your phone has ran out of battery whilst out? Would a small emergency charger be of interest to you in this case? (1-10 on how useful this sounds) - It would work for phones, PSP's, DS's and other similar devices.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
If you travel to Work or School and carry electronics, would you say their physical safety (Due to water damage, damage from general force on your bag or damage to your phone as you take it out) is a real issue to you? (1-10, 1 being "Of little concern" and 10 being "Of great concern")
*6. I'm a college student, and I'm semi-rough on my backpack. The fear of having it sitting on the floor is also very real, as people move around a lot and it's possible to be stepped on.
Are you at all worried about the potential to be stolen from your bag (In ways such as someone unzipping and removing your valuables when you are not looking)? (1-10, 1 being "Of little concern" and 10 being "Of great concern")
*9. This is one of my greatest fears, and one of the main reasons when I don't carry something electronic with me. Of course I'm paranoid though.
If you were to have locks on your zips, would you prefer locks which require a key (To be carried separately) or simply locks which are physically not simple to open (In a way that a thief would probably not bother trying) (You may answer Key or No Key)
*No key, I'd suggest something simple though like a small number the person would have to remember.
Do you use head/earphones when travelling with your bag? If yes, then what size are they? (For example, just earphones or full-sized around-the-ear types)
*Yes, normally 'earphones' type that have little things that go around your ear to keep them in place.
Do you often find them [Headphone cables] to be tangled when you take them from your pocket/back to use?
*Yes. That's annoying.
Have you run into times where your phone has ran out of battery whilst out? Would a small emergency charger be of interest to you in this case? (1-10 on how useful this sounds) - It would work for phones, PSP's, DS's and other similar devices.
*8. That would be good for phones, though the rest seems a bit unneeded.
How about a laptop/netbook/tablet charger, which could provide roughly an hour of additional use (1-10)(Ignore if you do not carry any of these devices)
*10. That's be good due to the low battery life of those devices. It sounds a bit like the bag idea could be used as a simple carrying case for these items too, which is a good thing.

On a small side-note, if you wanted a way to give the game to the person to give to whoever they wanted and it's a steam gift, you can go through the trading system and it will give them the copy to send to whoever they want.

Wuggy

Jan 14, 2010

No key

Earbuds

Quite often

How about a laptop/netbook/tablet charger, which could provide roughly an hour of additional use (1-10)(Ignore if you do not carry any of these devices)

For additional info: I don't own a backbag. I either use a satchel or a linen bag.

ChocoFace

Nov 19, 2008
*No Key
*just earphones
*Oh yes.
*5. I have run into that and i guess a small charger might be useful some day.

Shadow flame master

Jul 1, 2011

Deffinitly a 10

It's an 8, but people at my school know better than to fuck with me.

I would say NO Key but it could be hard for me to get in my own bag, so Key(blade).

Yes, on ear earphones

Only the earbuds but it's not too much of a nuiasance.

Only once, but I usually charge all my electronics before I go anywhere(9).

A 1 because I don't carry my laptop with me.

Also, don't worry about giving me the game since I don't have Steam and my laptop would explode if I played any game on it.

Broken Blade

Nov 29, 2007

7-8 (this happened to me in high school. A lot.)

Key

Yes, standard iPhone earbuds with the microphone.

All. The. Time.

No, but it's come close. Not enough for it to be a major concern, so I'll say a 5.

Something like that would be fairly useful, if only to get an extra bit of use out of a bag in the field. I'll call that? a 6-7. Useful, not essential.

And I agree with Erana: I've mostly used messenger bags since my senior year of high school (especially a ThinkGeek Bag of Holding), enough so that backpacks feel a bit weird to me. I'll still use 'em, of course.

RogueNinja299

Mar 16, 2010

key

Yes, Just earphones

yes

Gold374

Oct 18, 2011
Key
Yes; just earphones
Yes :mad:

Loonyyy

Jul 10, 2009
Depends on the electronics. My phone is cheap, my iPod is too, so not much. My laptop is not, so I'm concerned about that. 2 for regular stuff. 10 for laptop.
Key. If it's difficult for a theif, it's difficult for me, and if it's simple enough for me, the theif can get at the stuff. A 3-roller tumbler lock would be better.
Earphones.
Yes. EVERY DARN TIME. HOW DOES THAT EVEN HAPPEN?
9. But it would have to be packaged with adaptors for all devices, which is expensive.
This suggestion is silly: My laptop comes with a powerpack for connecting to the power point, but I could just as easily carry an extra battery. Your system would require both, and based on the different current and voltage requirements of laptops, is unlikely to be feasible.

Hope you do well on your report.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
Key
Yes, just plain I-pod Earphones
Yes

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
Survey time!

9. Not at all worried about my iPod or phone, but I'd freak if the laptop was damaged.

No Key

Just the standard iPod earphones - the bud ones.

Every. Single. Time. :p

4. I don't often run out of battery during the average day, but I took a portable charger with me last time I went overseas, and it was fantastic to have along.

How about a laptop/netbook/tablet charger, which could provide roughly an hour of additional use (1-10)
2. I just carry around the actual charger for these things; a portable charger would be too much extra weight.

Jun 15, 2009
No Key
earphones
Yes
N/A

CCountZero

Sep 20, 2008

I wouldn't buy or post-gift use a pack that wasn't at the very least water-repellent, and preferably waterproof.
Impacts and the like haven't been a problem for me in the past, so it's not a concern for me.
A pack that manhandles my electronics every time I take them out for use is no pack of mine.

Overall, I'd say a 7/10, though I'd have liked to be able to score each part separately.

The pack I'm currently using has a knife-proof bottom[footnote]Not really sure how to say that this early in the morning, but you can't cut open the bottom to nick the stuff inside it[/footnote] and both shoulder straps have a steel cable inside, so nobody can "cut it off" of you and run with it.
Stuff like that'd be welcome.

Overall, a 6/10.

If I had to settle for one, I'd pick No Key.

However, I'd prefer to have them be interchangeable.
Like, I usually lock my pack and chain it to a seat when I leave the vacation-train to go topside on the ferry, though mine only has key locks.

I use full-size headphones each and every damn time I leave my place of residence, be it a three-minute trip to the corner store or any duration above that.

No. Never.
Mostly because they break them down into three parts, plus the wire, which I store on a roll-up device.
It rocks.

Never had that happen to me.
As for a charger in there, it strikes me as added weight that I may not want to carry all the time.
I'd rather just pack an extra laptop battery if I reckon I need it on that day.

Overall a 1/10

Carrying a battery does me no good. If the charger has solar panels or something else that can actually generate power, then I'm all for it.
If not, then it's a 1/10 again.

Lancer723

Dec 12, 2008

No key

Earbuds

Yes

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
* No key (I have this thing with losing keys..)
Do you use head/earphones when traveling with your bag? If yes, then what size are they? (For example, just earphones or full-sized around-the-ear types)
* Small buds that go in the ear (easier to carry around in my pocket)
*No

Good luck with your survey.

reaperman22

Jan 27, 2010
No Key
Yes, just earphones
Yes, all the time lol

Herman Hedning's mace

Puns are my PUNishment
Nov 18, 2009

*No key

*Yes, earbuds

*All the time...

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
10 (I travel to school on the bus each day with my phone in the front part of my backpack and my school laptop in a briefcase type thing I carry around)

8 (I've never had to worry about it before, but obviously it is a concern)

No key (combo locks are great)

No

Don't use such things when travelling with a bag

10 (Holy shit YES! I'm forgetful as hell when it comes to charging my phone)

5 (It'd be nice to have, but it'd be bulky and I'd probably never need to use it)

TERRARIA HERE I COME.