Should a good partner know their girlfriend's menstrual cycle?

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Hosker said:
Jonluw said:
Hosker said:
Jonluw said:
Hosker said:
You don't use capital letters after colons.
Curses. It seems I have made a grammatical mistake. Sort of disappointing to hear, really. I think it looks so much neater with a capital letter.
I just did exactly the same mistake in my very post! Oh, the irony! But it is an easy mistake as in American-English it's optional, so you will see a lot of people over the internet doing it.
"...in American English a colon may be followed either by a capital letter or by a lower-case letter, depending on usage: where direct speech follows, a capital letter is used.."
-wikipedia

It seems that is only the case when the colon is followed by direct speech.
No matter. I shall use lower case letters after colons from now on.
And don't forget proper nouns and "I". They are exceptions also.
Naturally, but those are capitalized no matter where they're placed, so that goes without saying.
(And acronyms, by the way.)

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
Not necessarily a "good" partner. Smart one, though. A smart partner should probably keep fucking track.
It's nice to know exactly what time of the month you should be prepared to be wrong in everything you do.

Funnily enough, men actually go through the same hormonal shift about once a day, or so I've heard. Which is precisely what I tell any lady who tries to pull that whole "don't fucking blame me, my vagina is bleeding and my ovaries hurt" schtick whenever they start acting like a jackass.
I mean, they never believe me and I usually get an earful for it, but it's still fun to say.

b1u3too

Jul 14, 2009
I'm one of those weird gals that should have a regular cycle, but doesn't yet. But I don't get PMS, even according to my boyfriend, whom I've been with for enough months now that he's been around me when I should have been entering aggro-Murlock mode.

I second the "He shuold just learn to read moods", because that's a little more reliable. I know I prefer my man a little more reckless all the time, not just when I'm about to get on my rag. ;)

ANYONE MENTALLY SCARRED YET? ;D

MrAkuma201

Oct 28, 2009
YES! It has help me a lot don't have a gf now but most of (I'm not saying all) but most girls I know go crazy at that time....AND I LOVE IT! It is so easy so make them mad and I find it funny as hell. In short it is a good thing to know and that means for me it 3 to 5 day of HAHAHA I didn't do anything.

Nemu

In my hand I hold a key...
Oct 14, 2009
As a woman, I can assure you that it's not a "set in stone" kind of thing, but it is a good idea to know, approximately, when it SHOULD be occurring. You don't need specifics, and you don't need to know it 2 months into the relationship, but if we're talking 6+ months, it would make sense (if you're paying attention) for you to have noticed a couple of signs.

Oh, and don't say stupid crap like "what, are you on the rag?" when your gf is simply in a bad mood. Everyone gets mad and most of the time, it has nothing to do with hormones. =P

Ranooth

BEHIND YOU!!
Mar 26, 2008
I've tried my best to learn my girlfriend's but she has an implanet so its always fucked up. She can go months without having one and then be on it for up to 4 weeks!

Mar 9, 2010
Well it's helpful to know it but it doesn't make you a bad partner if you don't know it. It's not exactly something that you should ask about, just something that you just learn through experience.

Ickabod

May 29, 2008
I don't know about being a good partner. But it's just a good thing to know in general.

gazumped

Dec 1, 2010
I don't even reckon a "good" partner necessarily needs to remember their girlfriend's birthday, some people are just really bad with remembering dates, and that's fine.

If a woman's cycle affects her mood that much then her partner will probably start recognising the cues of where she is in it anyway.
Also, if a man lives with a woman, her cycle will hormonally affect him too - much like when female housemates synchronise their cycle - men get more aggressive and horny when women they're living with are ovulating.

Also a woman who's too shy to give their partner a heads up when she's going to need them to be gentle with her is kind of failing in her side of the communication in the relationship. Being shy isn't any worse than being forgetful, but I just mean that she certainly can't be angry at her partner for doing one if she's doing the other. (Not after her PMS has subsided, at least. :p )

Bebus

Feb 12, 2010
Good partner? Probably.

Smart partner? Definately. You need to know when to hide!

V TheSystem V

Sep 11, 2009
I think it would be helpful. One of my best friends told me once when they were on their period, and it just stuck in my head. They keep on mentioning when they're on too, which is kinda strange.

It's definitely important if you're going to have sex with the person. My friend's now ex-boyfriend told us of this one time he was about to have sex with a girl. Just as he was about to begin, she said 'I forgot to tell you, I'm on my period.' That freaked him out to the full.

phatdog45

Jun 5, 2009
yes, but only because i've gotten into sooo many fights with my girl, only to then later remember "oh yeah, its that time of the month"

Con Carne

Nov 12, 2009
Nope, there are too many factors to account for. Is she living with other women? what foods is she eating? is she on any form of birth control? It's too much for most girls to wanna keep track of, so why the hell should we?

ramboondiea

Oct 11, 2010
never needed to go out my way to find out, im always told, sometimes with detail, infact allot of my friends like to tell me aswel, it would seem peope like to keep me up to date haha,
but i dont think any bout should have to, im sure none would have much issue figuring it out tho

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
I dont think its super important. So long as he isnt an ass and helps her through her cramps, it doesnt matter when she gets them.