Should Eleven Year-Olds Play on Xbox Live?

s3cur1tr0n

Aug 5, 2008
The games have rating on them for reasons, PERIOD. IT is not a childrens game, and it isnt about sheltering children as much as it is protecting them from things they arent prepared to handle. Its called responsibility. Besides Xbox live is the bottom of the barrel as far as human society is concerned.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Troglodytes couldn't talk, thankfully. They just hit each other, which is more direct and prone to being countered than smack talk on Xbox Live.

I think that you should talk a personality and intelligence test before being allowed on Live, regardless of age.
I guarantee that 50 percent or more of the bandwidth needed to make Live more streamlined would suddenly appear.

INF1NIT3 D00M

Aug 14, 2008
I think that its really up to the parent because in the end, its thier kid. Don't get me wrong, the annoying little kids with high voices are BAD and ruin it for everyone, but thats no reason to keep all little kids from playing. I do think that adults are more fun to play with though. I'm only 15 and by no means a paragon of xbox live etiquette, but I TRY SO HARD TO BE MATURE AND NOT SWEAR AND I NEVER MAKE RACIAL SLURS. The only time I ever become immature is if I encounter one of the "lets just forget the game and be random" servers,(but its all in good fun) or when I come across one of those little kids or immature jerks who make it thier business to ruin everyone else's fun (looking at you, halo 3). I feel that other teenage jerks on LIVE give '18-and-under' a bad name and so I mostly play with mature adults because they know how to play CoD4 ( read:w/o the noobtube) and I let the small children play with me so long as they show the same level of maturity.

s3cur1tr0n

Aug 5, 2008
I fear for the world when parents let their children play a "murder simulator", and whine when their child gets called names that would make a sailor blush. The world has gone mad. It is personal responsibility, like someone previously stated xbox live is not a babysiter, i dont care about your 9 second cameo.

stompy

Jan 21, 2008
imaroboturarobot post=7.69562.668148 said:
i think it is the parents decision
that is all
Thank you, your ability to use logic is much appreciated.

Oh, and rougeknife:
rougeknife post=7.69562.664559 said:
I was a mature eleven year old...

Then my balls dropped.

Trust me mate, soon as the hormones kick in, for the first year or two you'll be thinking penis first and head last. There are mature eleven year olds, there are mature thirteen year olds, but soon as the puberty monster hits? well, lets just say there is a reason I venomously state; ?people under the age of eighteen should not be handed a Mic.?
My name is Stompy. I live in Sydney, NSW, and I'm a 15 year old. Of course, I've hit puberty, so according to your definition, I should be "thinking penis first and head last"... funny enough, that doesn't happen.

So, why do you think I should automatically be banned from using a microphone, even when you've never seen how I've used one? You can't judge me, yet this is what you're doing; you're assuming I'll inappropriately use a mic when you've most likely never played a game with/against me.