Should Heroes That Kill Be Heroes?

MrAkuma201

Oct 28, 2009
That's the point superheroes are not cops but they do try and save people so are they still heroes or killers?

MrAkuma201

Oct 28, 2009
Keep in mind that most of the villains Superman fights are superhuman themselves and if not superhuman then they have something to weaken Superman or make themselves stronger.

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
Black and white discussion?

Seriously? You want to debate a topic on morality, but want it black and white?

What I am doing right here is letting you know that you can't really do that and have a valid open discussion.

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
yes, they're still heroes, but the more apt descriptor is anti hero. Basically when you do bad things for all the right reasons, you are an antihero.

Unsilenced

Oct 19, 2009
I personally prefer heroes that are underpowered. Ones that have to fight tooth-and-nail even to save the day, never mind sparing the rampant psychopaths responsible.

Anything about a bunch of superheroes that just prance about effortlessly incapacitating everyone without facing kill-or-die scenarios seems... boring.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Where does Moon Knight fit in this? It is funny, I remember seeing a discussion about Comic book Heroes and their political leanings, some were up for debate, but it mostly broke down to pacifist Heroes (particularly the wealthy) were liberal and killer vigilantes like the Punisher, Moon Knight, and Viglante almost always end up being viewed as conservatives.

I'm not into a lot of comic books, Heroes tend to be boring, which is why I'm a fan of classic Suicide Squad.

PinkiePyro

Sep 26, 2010
depends on who is killed

if its just joe-shmoe bank robber then no

but if they occasionally kill a villein who deserves it like a mass murderering super villein who will never repent then yes

MrAkuma201

Oct 28, 2009
You got me on that one O_O My reason for saying black and white debate was so that people can pick a side and stick to it without slapping the label Anti-Hero on everything. But you are right:(