Should Skyrim add the whole "werewolf thing" ?

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Well, no Gray Cowl or Hircine Ring. Dont think they should show up. Im pro Wearwolves though. But vampire/wearwolve halfbreeds? WHat is that? You want to be a Vamwolf? Maybe be a vampire that becomes a wearwolf too, but dont need some hybrid form.

ViciousTide

Aug 5, 2011
ArchAngelKira said:
Then as DLC the vampires will sparkle
ROFL!

But i like the combination of the two, how about you must feed on every Full Moon?! And every new moon you turn into a Black Werewolf with Yellow Eyes. And you can fly around like NEO only when there is no sunlight.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Woodsey said:
Yes, I thought I saw it as a confirmed feature somewhere, but I may be making that up, or it may have been from a translated interview (in which case there's no point in counting it).

I know Todd Howard's said it'd be something they'd be willing to do in an expansion pack if its not in the main game.
Please find your citation! ARRRRGH I searched it (having not played morrowind) and it looks SEXY![footnote]not literally D:[/footnote]

DesiPrinceX09

Mar 14, 2010
Bob Hoss said:
BloatedGuppy said:
Heh. Warewolf.

If they've already done Werewolves and Vampires, they might want to do something new. Something snow-related. Maybe a Wendigo.

Ha! A wendigo essentially is a werewolf, but it doesn't fit with the Nord theme, I don't think.

When you said snow related, my mind shot straight to Bethesda inserting a yeti option...

But, on topic, YESYESYESYES OOOOH I WANNA BE A VIKING WEREWOLF SOOOO BAD.
No, a Wendigo is nothing like a werewolf unless you count eating people as being like a werewolf. But you are definitely right about not fitting into the Nord theme being that it is from Native American mythology; specifically from the Algonquian people. Wendigos are actually a whole lot smarter than werewolfs; werewolfs tend to be dumb savage beasts that chase you down and rip you to shreds; a wendigo is a malevolent cannibalistic spirit which can transform into humans, or which could possess humans. Those who indulged in cannibalism were said to become Wendigos. Wendigos could do what Predator does and copy voices to lure people out and of course they can change appearance. They are just as strong but much faster, so i say Wendigos are much more awesome though their stories are much more disturbing.

But anyways, enough of my lore lecture lol
I think werewolfs in skyrim would rock; my friend who is getting it would love it.

Hop-along Nussbaum

Mar 18, 2011
I would say yes, but there would have to be dire consequences for becoming either a vampire or werewolf. Like being constantly hunted by all the different races and factions, and sacrificing your personality traits.

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
Doclector said:
The way they seem to keep avoiding the issue makes me think they won't, though...
Actually, that makes me think they will. All other things the community asked about and the company didn't want to do, they were very open with.

Spears, riding dragons, etc. These things were shot down as soon as they were asked.

Werewolves, on the other hand... the only answer they give is: "We're not talking about that right now." Makes me think they're just waiting on the all clear from Marketing. Probably be the first DLC.

Zarkov

Mar 26, 2010
Dylan Blackler said:
I think it would be great becouse of the following reasons

1. It would be lore friendly (being in the nordlands now)
2. Being a warewolf was kick ass in morrowind
3. Imagine how awesome they could make the abilities, animations and features now
4. second identity is always fun (even third if they have the Grey Cowl)
5. a Vampire/Warewolf halfbreed
6. Oblivion has plenty of mods (not great or perfect ones) for warewolfs (so the community does want it)
7. Even add the "Ring of Hircine" for people that don't want the disease and want to turn at will (not just night).
A werewolf expansion was hinted in an interview with the gamestop staff.

It's highly possible that we will see this as a DLC.

EDIT: Okay, from reading other posts I found out that people REALLY don't know how to spell "werewolf". I mean seriously, there's about 6 other spellings including "wearwolf". My god, the red lines will tell you that it is wrong!

Rule Britannia

Apr 20, 2011
You're quite right the vast majority of the elder scrolls community does want this :). If this sort of thing gets noticed they could make it a DLC or something like that :p

Syphous

Apr 6, 2009
"Werewolf!"
"There wolf. There castle."
"Why are you talking like that?"
"I thought you wanted me to."

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
Dylan Blackler said:
-warewolf-
Uh... you might want to change that, or people are gonna ***** about all day long!

Also, i'd love for there to be Werewolfs!
Never got a chance to play them...

Also, if they could have better non-weaksauce vampires that would be lovely...
There was this one vampire mod i wasi ntrested in... you could turn into fog and fly around!
:D

Yoshemo

Jun 23, 2009
BloatedGuppy said:
Heh. Warewolf.

If they've already done Werewolves and Vampires, they might want to do something new. Something snow-related. Maybe a Wendigo.
Wendigo is Native American lore, not Norse or European so it would seem out of place. It would be neat though

Sir Prize

Dec 29, 2009
Well, if their having vampires they might as well throw in werewolves. It would make sense in terms of the lore, and give players an extra option on the 'awesome but slightly annoying' state boosters. Honestly I'd take that over the vampire thing if I'm not playing a stealthy character.

Mozza444

Nov 19, 2009
Yes.
They also need to improve vampires, seemed a bit to much hassle in Oblivon and i always wanted to be one.
But you know, vampirism in itself is just fuck annoying with the whole cant go out during the day thing.. no real work around for that.