Should this man be punished?

AMMO Kid

Jan 2, 2009
It would be an accident, but a gun plant? With no fingerprints? C'mon, that's just low.

Thedayrecker

Jun 23, 2010
dathwampeer said:
I'd like to point out that the phrase "reverse racism" is, in fact, racist. Cause no matter what color someone's skin, if they're racist, they're racist. Calling someone a "reverse racist" is the same as calling them a "minority that is racist", which is akin to different water fountains for different races.

Just saying.

Kukakkau

Feb 9, 2008
Yes he should be punished since he fired a taser from a moving veichle, didn't sharply break after hitting the kid and didn't even take him out from under the car after, also he didn't seem to care he hit the kid -you would expect someone to say "oh shit. i need medical help" yet he cared about parking the car first before saying anything

Then again the kid DID bring it on himself a bit since he didn't stop after having a police car follow him for around 2 minutes.

But yes the officer needs severely punished

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
He's got not legitimate reason for pulling over the kid in the first place, so yes, he should be punished.

And even if I were going to buy the "no light on the bike" excuse, since when does that merit tazering? And where does hitting him afterwards come in? It's practically murder for jaywalking.

As much as I support assuming all black people riding bikes have stolen something (probably the bike itself) that cop should be shot.

MrDarkling

Crumpled Ball of Paper
Oct 11, 2009
Punished for being an idiot and abusing such a powerful tool.
Plus manslaughter so... yeh I think he does deserve to have his ass thrown in jail. :/

Thedayrecker

Jun 23, 2010
dathwampeer said:
Thedayrecker said:
dathwampeer said:
--Fixed-snip--

We immediately assume the gun was a plant. Why? reverse racism. Really it's just racism but it's done by white people against other white people.
I'd like to point out that the phrase "reverse racism" is, in fact, racist. Cause no matter what color someone's skin, if they're racist, they're racist. Calling someone a "reverse racist" is the same as calling them a "minority that is racist", which is akin to different water fountains for different races.

Just saying.
actually read the post.

Just saying
I see. Well that's the first time I heard reverse racism used that way.... When I hear reverse racism, I usually think:

"Damn latinas are out to enslave the white man!"-Glen Beck (I paraphrased)

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
AvsJoe said:
Yes. Yes he should. But I get the feeling I'm not hearing the entire story here.
Pretty much this. I sort of have to wonder why the kid didn't pull over.

darthzew

Jun 19, 2008
There's too much bullshit for any of us on a forum to make a solid judgment.

I do, however, believe that any police officer who kills someone, no matter the case, should be put on suspension for at least a month.

Actual

Jun 24, 2008
No sorry! Have you guys actually watched the video!!!?

That was a horrible accident but the police officer does not deserve punishment.

He told the guy to stop and get off the bike, the guy tried to run. Running almost always equals guilty and every police worth the title would chase someone who ran for seemingly no reason.

Police have a right to stop and talk to anyone, it's happened to me a number of times because I wander the streets late at night and I'm glad they're out there doing it.

The police officer used a non-lethal take-down, the taser and that's fine until he's not expecting the guy to fall right where he happens to be driving. Watch the video; there's no way that was intentionally planned.

He immediately calls for emergency medical assistance and you can hear the panic in his voice.

A gun plant makes no sense at all, if the officer never saw the gun then it has no relevance to the case, the only logical explanation is that the guy really did have a gun and just never pulled it.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
Of course he should, he caused the death of a 17 year old boy who was obviously doing nothing wrong at the time. That said, the taser should be removed from law enforcement. These police officers are taught that it's safe. It's really not, it's better than a bullet, but there are a fair number of people who have died as a direct result of being tased, if it can't be made reliable. It shouldn't be used so much.

gl1koz3

May 24, 2010
That dude needs his balls cut off. Riding a bike at 2 AM is no reason to taze anyone.

BentNeatly

Aug 25, 2008
Couple things i wanna say.

I have never, ever, even when i was arrested for hanging up a phone during a 911 call, felt threatened by a police officer. I do illegal things, at times, like any one else, but in general, i have no reason to fear the police. I have never run, never disobeyed, and in doing such ive never been tasered, punched, or pursued.

The one time i was arrested, my handcuffs were readjusted three separate times before we reached the police station upon my request, because i was uncomfortable, the final time leaving my wrists so loose i could have removed them.

A very simple fact. That boy fled for 67 seconds. was warned at least three times before the cop did what he did. Everyone, EVERYONE, the cop and the boy, were totally at fault, and while i feel the cop is likely an insane power hungry insecure individual like most cops, This boy would still be alive had he just stopped. Worst case scenario, he'd have been questioned for 30 minutes or so. Instead, he ran, he RAN FROM LAW ENFORCEMENT. Doesnt matter why, it just matters that he did.

The legal system is bullshit, its workers mindless pawns, and there are more psychological problems to be found in that system than in a county jail. But if you believe that, and you run from an individual who thinks he has been handed his job by the gods, how do you think its going to end? Your going to be killed, brutally, by a person who does not function mentally like anyone youve ever met. These are facts.

That poor boy.... but he should have known better.

Alon Shechter

Apr 8, 2010
He killed someone because he was out of the house on a late hour.
At least that is what I understood.
Nothing wrong with someone being out of his house at a late hour.
If i got this correctly , He should be thrown off a bridge.