Should we stop the democracy experiment?

Bulletinmybrain

Jun 22, 2008
Cerebreus said:
Democracy fails when people let it.

As for Health care, Obama has been a proponent of a single payer plan. He may or may not be now, but he has previously stated he was in favor of a single payer plan.

I know there is problems with the current system, but a monopoly has the potential for greater abuse and failure.
Competetion drives prices lower and quality higher.

Why do people support a government funded health care system? And with it being the government they will ALWAYS have the power. If you're the consumer of a health care corporation at least you're covered for what you pay for.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Screw representative democracy, it's way too prone to coruption (in one way or another) wich is what always happens when a small group governs a large group in wich it doesn't matter if the large group picked the small ruling group or not. I prefer the Swiss model, a way more direct form of democracy, power directly to the people where there is no need for corruption. Afterall, if you decide your own fate directly, there is nothing to corrupt, you only screw yourself over. Shame it would never work in a massive country like the USA, or China, or heck even the Netherlands, where I live, with 'just' 16 million people.