Show About Games Show: 3D Arwings & Blues & Reds

MattAn24

Pulse l'Cie
Jul 16, 2009
I actually quite enjoyed this one too.. Starfox 3D was witty and cool..

Wait... NOBODY is getting the Tron joke!? IT'S A FRISBIE! They're playing Catch! WHAT THE HELL, ESCAPIST MEMBERS? Think about it!

As for the Red vs Blue sketch.. I kinda made Gangster = Spy, Scientist = Medic, Hat-Guy = Scout or Engineer, Masked Guy = Heavy(?) and Geisha = ...NEW SECRET CHARACTER OMG.. Just sayin'..

Skorpyo

Average Person Extraordinaire!
May 2, 2010
Purple utopia? But, the last time I saw purple in a game was...

Aw shit.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
The Team Fortress one was weak, but I loved the Star Fox one. Good stuff overall.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
Wait, correct me if I'm wrong, but was the guy in the sunglasses at the end of the Red vs Blue skit a reference to Doctor Strangelove?
If so, awesome! If not, well, my mistake.
[sub][sub]With the thought of an ideal purple society, makes you think...[/sub][/sub]

Still a good episode, though.

warfjm

Nov 14, 2007
WaffleRanch said:
warfjm said:
Most of the audience can "get" the TF2 reference but most of the characters I couldn't place or recognize. I was more distracted by the TF2 inaccuracies than actually paying attention to the jokes. (TF2 doesn't have capture the flag, the heavy doesn't wear a mask, there are no women in TF2, the scout wears a baseball cap not a newsboy cap, ext ext ext...)

The first clip was actually well thought out but poorly executed at the end of the clip. Wasn't that funny. I couldn't figure out if that is what REALLY happened to the boss or it was just what happened to him virtually. Hence, I was distracted and my distraction veered me away from the joke.

The middle throwaway joke you could have done without. How much time and effort did you put into the throwaway joke? It looks like a lot because of the special effects. I wouldn't put so much production value into the throw away gag and focus on the quality of the joke itself. "The Idiots of Garry's Mod 2" did the Frisbee joke better.

Still not funny.

The guys who made the episode said nothing about it being about TF2...it was just a couple of the viewers guessing that it might be TF2.

It's probably just 2 generic Red and Blue teams, as the person on comment #21 said. So the characters can wear and be whatever they wish as long as they're wearing red or blue, Mr. Detail Police.
You totally missed my point. The fact that I QUICKLY associated the skit with TF2 means that I was going to make associations on who was suppose to be who. The TF2 character errors and general team errors distracted me from what was going on in the skit and I quickly lost interest in the joke. Therefore, the joke failed.

Marik Bentusi

Aug 20, 2010
Haha, leave it to the fanbase to link every rivalry between a red and a blue team to TF2 even tho it builds on a cliché established before the game came into existence (duh).

MadMechanic

Nov 6, 2009
I really enjoyed that.
Especially the RedVBlue bit, couldn't help but laugh.
The tron joke was nice, and I'm not even a Tron fan.

Anyone know what the music at the end was? It sounds a bit like one of the tracks from Fallout 3, but I know it isn't...

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
nice G's getting better every episode now! had a good laugh on this one no both skits :D

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
CannibalRobots said:
You managed to make me grin for the first time of the series, from the wife joke, other than that, it was terrible, just awful.
Agreed. Though the qipaos are always welcome.

PH3NOmenon

Oct 23, 2009
One of your better episodes. Not quite "there" yet, but you're showing potential every week now!

TheAngryMonkey

Nov 18, 2009
warfjm said:
WaffleRanch said:
warfjm said:
Most of the audience can "get" the TF2 reference but most of the characters I couldn't place or recognize. I was more distracted by the TF2 inaccuracies than actually paying attention to the jokes. (TF2 doesn't have capture the flag, the heavy doesn't wear a mask, there are no women in TF2, the scout wears a baseball cap not a newsboy cap, ext ext ext...)

The first clip was actually well thought out but poorly executed at the end of the clip. Wasn't that funny. I couldn't figure out if that is what REALLY happened to the boss or it was just what happened to him virtually. Hence, I was distracted and my distraction veered me away from the joke.

The middle throwaway joke you could have done without. How much time and effort did you put into the throwaway joke? It looks like a lot because of the special effects. I wouldn't put so much production value into the throw away gag and focus on the quality of the joke itself. "The Idiots of Garry's Mod 2" did the Frisbee joke better.

Still not funny.

The guys who made the episode said nothing about it being about TF2...it was just a couple of the viewers guessing that it might be TF2.

It's probably just 2 generic Red and Blue teams, as the person on comment #21 said. So the characters can wear and be whatever they wish as long as they're wearing red or blue, Mr. Detail Police.
You totally missed my point. The fact that I QUICKLY associated the skit with TF2 means that I was going to make associations on who was suppose to be who. The TF2 character errors and general team errors distracted me from what was going on in the skit and I quickly lost interest in the joke. Therefore, the joke failed.
So when will you be posting your video next week. You explained how you would do jokes, so I would like to see how a skit episode, is supposed to be done. Just post your link in the reply, so I can enjoy.
Thank You

antigodoflife

Nov 12, 2009
warfjm said:
Play more Lylat Wars (Star Fox 64)