Show About Games Show: 3D Arwings & Blues & Reds

Uberfriendship

Oct 26, 2010
3D Arwings & Blues & Reds

We take Star Fox 3DS out for a test flight, then try and settle the age old dispute between Blues and Reds.

Watch Video

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
Overall a good episode but I can't help but feel it could've been better. Just the timing and execution of some jokes seems a little off and I think you could've made it from a good show into a great show with just a little refinement. I still liked it, but that doesn't mean it can't be improved.

Angnor

Nov 11, 2010
Wow. Much better, content wise. Actually worth the time to view this week. Timing was a little off and some of the lines seemed forced, which slowed things down at times, though.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Really enjoyed this episode, well done, well done.
Though i didn't seem to get the joke in the Tron scene, or was the point of that to be utterly random? Was that some sort of catchphrase?

Ah, good old Red-Blue, the eternal enemies that span across many games. You can't really make a truce with such history... It is quite sad.
And a purple team wouldn't really have the coolness of the red and blue ones.
So, yeah. Great episode, makes the Escapist even more entertaining.

Hashime

Jan 13, 2010
I got the blues and reds from TF2 and Street fighter, but the Japanese women and gangsters I could not place.

z3rostr1fe

Aug 14, 2009
Hashime said:
I got the blues and reds from TF2 and Street fighter, but the Japanese women and gangsters I could not place.
Maybe still from Street Fighter??? (Chun Li, anyone?)

OT:
Loved the 3DS and the RvB parts. I didn't get the Tron segment... :/

Capt. Crankypants

Jan 6, 2010
Only two sketches, but you know what? I REALLY liked this episode (some are swing-miss, but this was quite good). Well done chaps.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
"That's not a flag. It's my laundry... on a stick."

Classic!

Wish I could defeat my "boss" Star Fox 64 3D style, oh yeah!

Laughed more in this one than most of the others. Good work!

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
HankMan said:
Epic 'Boss' fight there.
And I didn't know TF had geishas
Well...the medic did get a geisha hair hat during the shogun update.

Nice episode, ....Do a Barrel Roll!

warfjm

Nov 14, 2007
Most of the audience can "get" the TF2 reference but most of the characters I couldn't place or recognize. I was more distracted by the TF2 inaccuracies than actually paying attention to the jokes. (TF2 doesn't have capture the flag, the heavy doesn't wear a mask, there are no women in TF2, the scout wears a baseball cap not a newsboy cap, ext ext ext...)

The first clip was actually well thought out but poorly executed at the end of the clip. Wasn't that funny. I couldn't figure out if that is what REALLY happened to the boss or it was just what happened to him virtually. Hence, I was distracted and my distraction veered me away from the joke.

The middle throwaway joke you could have done without. How much time and effort did you put into the throwaway joke? It looks like a lot because of the special effects. I wouldn't put so much production value into the throw away gag and focus on the quality of the joke itself. "The Idiots of Garry's Mod 2" did the Frisbee joke better.

Still not funny.