Show About Games Show: Office Drafts & Pokéjobs

dandahammer

Partaker of adult beverages
Jun 2, 2009
D Moness said:
Mr.Pandah said:
Pokemon skit was the winner here. Also...that girl was SMOKIN' hot.
Thank god i was not the only one that noticed that >.>

Btw what was spoofed in the short skit? angry birds?

Not their best episode in my opinion(and yes a girl asking if she looks fat is a trap).

Me and my bro thought it was spoofing the banana bomb from worms: armageddon. The sound he makes was spot on =D

antigodoflife

Nov 12, 2009
How do you guys do this, your show isn't all that great, but it's good enough to keep me coming back for more.

Your show isn't very funny but I think you just need time to evolve, for example, I think you're trying way too hard to be funny but at least you guys have your heart in the show, you can tell by the AMAZING sets you guys produce. I think you should work on the scripts a little more, your problem is you all great at punchlines, but you try way too hard to make every line the punch line (intentional or otherwise) and it kind of kills the experience.

Set up a situation, make it feel real, then add some parody and a punch line, you only need one punchline to make a successful video. Just remember the build up to the punch line can be more entertaining than the punchline it's self.

Try to be subtle with the build up(something I've noticed you're not very good at.) People are more likely to laugh if they care about the characters all your characters are just empty shells, this can be fixed simply by giving them a name, one people are going to remember or randomly adding insignificant backstory like "I think your distaste in women stem from that one time you went to the park and that girl kept looking at you, you thought she was hitting on you and so you walked up to her, quite nonchalant and tried picking her up but in reality she was looking at you because she just hated your indecent and rather see-through fishnet shirt." It's completely unnecessary to the overall skit but it gives the character depth and by giving a character depth people care more about your characters and if they care about your characters they're more likely going to laugh at the punchline.

If uberfriendship have the time, watch some LoadingReadyRun not just to enjoy it but to study it, they have some of the most well written, funniest smartest comedy on the internet and I think they're a fantastic guide on 'how to make comedy'.

I hope you guys read this and put it in to consideration as this is purely constructive criticism because I'd really like to see you guys grow as a group, you all have such incredible potential and I hope that in time you become better and people begin to appreciate you more.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
I don't know how you people complaining about how this wasn't funny. I thought it was a well put together episode, and I spent a lot of time laughing at the entire skit.

jjboat

Nov 8, 2010
This passes as humor around here? I think the standard is set much higher by Zero Punctuation. It really annoys me how funny people think these are when you can find better humor anywhere. What kills it is the over acting. None of these actors have any natural screen presence and come across as very self conscious. Just because they reference games and are pandering to nerds, doesn't make the jokes funny at all. The reason these things don't get better is because people keep kissing its ass in the comments section so the creators aren't held to a higher standard.

archabaddon

Jan 8, 2007
The non-sequitur made me do a "WTF?" But when he split and blew the house to bits, I laughed out half-chewed gummi bears. Great, now I need a napkin :p

Ben Legend

Apr 16, 2009
First half wasn't funny. Maybe because I don't follow basketball. Soon picked up when I saw that girl! The pokemon part was brilliant.

Stoic raptor

Jul 19, 2009
That girl from the first skit was really cute. So was the other one.

Pretty much the only thing I noticed.

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
nice job with the Angry Birds skit
also, now is the season of fantasy Hockey! (Go Habs Go!)

MattAn24

Pulse l'Cie
Jul 16, 2009
Only real chuckle I got was from the "Firstly.. - And B.." bit. Namely because it's Craig Ferguson's thing on The Late Late Show. Was that a reference?