Show About Games Show: Super Saiyans and Killzones

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
I liked the first part. I Dunno why everyone else is sooooo cynical about it.

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
I enjoyed it, not every joke gets a laugh from me but then I don't know every game you guys make fun of.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
The Silent Hill part was slightly amusing and the Killzone bit was a little funny. The first part felt like they were trying way too hard, maybe that's just me.

Nikki Buskell

Aug 26, 2010
You could do with being more brutal with your editing. These sketches would work much better if you shortened them and reduced some of the unnecessary stuff. For example, Killzone was the best segment of this, but it's build up went on too long. Don't keep everything you shoot...or if the extent of how many people back up the 'watch it' argument is that important, maybe use a fast-forward.

Silent Hill worked because it was quick, cheep laughs.

The documentary style thing at the start needs a shorter intro, and quicker, snappier cuts.

Basically what I'm saying is, it's daft silly humour, so quit trying to dress it up. It's stealing from the fun.

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
HankMan said:
therandombear said:
HankMan said:
therandombear said:
The killzone is in the
*puts on glasses*
Zone
You're not even trying >(
I am no CSI joke master, like you :3
Indeed!
My jokes are true CSI, While your joke was more like...
*puts on glasses*
"CS why?"
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH [http://instantrimshot.com/classic/?sound=csi]
I see what you did there, and it was glorious. For that you get a "super" cookie.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
mrhateful said:
Please please please stop making sitcoms, they are physically hurting me. Also i skipped through like 90% of the content, the only thing i found mildly funny was the random killzone shouting you know: THE ONLY JOKE IN THE ENTIRE VID ABOUT GAMES.
So you watched only 10% of the video, yet are sure that there was only one joke in the video. Seems legit. It's not a sitcom, btw. It's sketch based comedy.

P.s. you missed the silent hill joke.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
I could write any number of things... But my mom always told me that if I didn't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
of the whole 5 minutes... the best thing was just the screams in the "Killzone" game...

damn guys! find your formula! i know you can do better than this!!!!

Taynas

May 20, 2010
Nikki Buskell said:
You could do with being more brutal with your editing. These sketches would work much better if you shortened them and reduced some of the unnecessary stuff. For example, Killzone was the best segment of this, but it's build up went on too long. Don't keep everything you shoot...or if the extent of how many people back up the 'watch it' argument is that important, maybe use a fast-forward.

Silent Hill worked because it was quick, cheep laughs.

The documentary style thing at the start needs a shorter intro, and quicker, snappier cuts.

Basically what I'm saying is, it's daft silly humour, so quit trying to dress it up. It's stealing from the fun.
I agree with her completely. Your quicker jokes such as the silent hill one always make me burst out laughing while most of your longer sketches are just a long wait for one joke which therefore makes me only go "hmmm, that was kinda funny". I did like "Asian Mode" a bit more but that had two whole jokes in it. So yeah, editing is your friend for more hilarity.

Mr. GameBrain

Aug 10, 2009
The shows pretty hit and miss on the comedy side of things.

But I can't deny that its creative, and quite entertaining overall. :D

Link_to_Future

Good Dog. Best Friend.
Nov 19, 2009
Sorry guys, but this is where we part ways. Frankly, it wasn't just that this episode wasn't funny. It was that it was boring. The jokes are just too drawn out and predictable for my tastes. I almost smirked when the disappointed dad came into play but it just wasn't even close to enough. Even the Silent Hill short left me yawning because I saw the joke immediately when you mentioned it was Silent Hill. It's just...disappointing.

I wish you guys luck going from here. I hope you can recapture some of that potential we saw in the pilot and in the LBP sketch.