Show About Games Show: Super Saiyans and Killzones

Uberfriendship

Oct 26, 2010
Super Saiyans and Killzones

What would YOU do if you gained that much power? If nothing else, you could always sit down and watch some Killzone 3.

Watch Video

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
I loved the random screaming of KILLZONE! AAARRRGGGGH!!!

Good job, first part wasn't that funny though, or funny at all

Eisenfaust

Two horses in a man costume
Apr 20, 2009
"they can't actually use the force to knock things over"... well, at this point i'm not so sure... *shifty eyes* (sorry)

siiiigh... the ridiculousnessof dragon ball z in retrospect...

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
I too want to watch Killzone 3
but since it SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS!
I guess not.

GameJoker365

Aug 12, 2010
7 episodes later and it hasn't gotten any better.
I was hoping this would be a new series I would like since I like games and I like a shows so, a show about game shows was a perfect mix but it just wasn't meant to be.

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
First part had some good moments but was a little too long. Second part was short and sweet as usual. Third part was mostly not that great (sorry but I thought that the acting here sucked) except for the ending that ran into the credits. I liked the callback to episode 1 there too, it was unexpected and showed that maybe its worth sticking around whilst this show develops some nice inside jokes. I definitely think that the last two episodes have been stronger over most of the earlier episodes but I'm still on the fence about whether I'm going to keep watching. I'll stick around for now and look forward to seeing what you guys can come up with for next week.

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
The killzone is in the
*puts on glasses*
Zone

DBZ part was bit lenghty, but it was so "bad" it was hilarious IMO.

Tiswas

Jun 9, 2010
Is that the Japanese Tankoban there? Well that's managed to out pwn 99% of other DBZ fans.

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
I actually loved the DBZ sketch, especially the cutting back and forth from the reenactment and the interview with the kid. Screaming that's especially over the top is kind of funny to me (Evidently, Will Ferrell can be funny).

The Silent Hill sketch was very funny and I enjoyed it very much.

The Killzone 3 sketch was the weakest, personally. I laughed, but not as much as I would have hoped.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
And it's now time for me to give up on this show. Even the parts I don't hate I find more clever than funny.

Ashoten

Aug 29, 2010
Ok your over-thinking the obvious reminded me of a short series I saw about the science of sex. One part were they show their findings are hilarious.

"Our studies show that men prefer women who show lots of skin and dance around vigorously"

I'm like REALLY? I never would have guessed lol.

TheCakeisALie87

Jun 7, 2010
I keep wanting to like this series and I often understand where the humor is supposed to come from, but the execution is terrible. Not just the acting, but the writing is constantly hitting you over the head with the point of the sketch. Did you really need to say "wow that rhombus dude totally represents my inner conflicts" (note: I didn't rewatch to get the exact quote)? And only one killzone is derivative joke was necessary. Most of your funniest jokes are the off-hand one liners. The deadpan "my son is an idiot" juxtaposed with the seriousness of the announcer was one of the funniest parts of the episodes. I'll keep watching for now, but please ramp up the subtlety a bit guys? If we know the material we will laugh; and if we don't, then explaining the joke only serves to kill it for the people who are in on it. Even worse it won't make it funny for the people who don't get it in the first place. Explaining a joke never makes it funny.
Good luck.