Show off your Terrain

Saint of M

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 27, 2010
Country
United States
For some tabletop games, like Warhammer 40,000, Terrain can help add to the scenery. So show off the pieces you have gotten or made over the years. So lets show off what we use, and inspire other people with something crazy.

Here is one I have worked on on and off for a few years, and finally completed.

THe Monster KIller Inn.

THe two main things are the booze bottles. My sister did bartending for a while and brought over a bunch I was going to donate to a group that was going to use them for an art project to help developmentally challenged people. I kept the crown royal and the Tequila bottles as I liked them, then got inspired to do the tavern. THe middle section largely consists of packing foam from several different things either ordered or gotten here or there such as appliances or tools. I used craft sticks for the planks, then used elmers glue or the off brand white glue to attach them. A pair of longer wider boards were on the base for the most part, but the porch is motley craft sticks.

The Crown royal made up the front, with the decor found there gotten from various craft store like Hobby Lobby, Michaels, and one that went out of business where I was in Idaho but was soon replaced by another. THe hinge on the open gate, which I made wide enough for a Ogre leadbecher (warhammer Fantasy/Age of Sigmar) was a stack of buttons painted a metalic grey.) I forget what bwon I used but ts a typical cheap dark brown paint in the craft paint section. WIndows are largely spare bits of board I was either using for kings of war or smaller craft sticks.

The birds I think are Hobby Lobby.

The demon head is a spar head from the Games WOrkshop Slaughterbrute/Mutalith Beast kit, and the legs sticking out the side are spar orc legs from an old Orcs and Goblin's Orc Boyz kit.

The roof, which you can't see under the dollar tree hay for a thatched roof, has a triangular top. What I did there was slowly drill a hole with a power drill, put in round sticks to act as posts, have a long fat piece go on the top, then a bunch more go on the sides. Prior to that it was just more flat pieces of hobby sticks.

I forget what color I used on the back with the Tequila bottle, but I gave it a mily stone look to to b a chimney of sorts, the black on it representing it. I might soak some cotton in black paint water later to look like smoke.

THe front one on the other hand I was trying to use up the last bit of a paint from Privateer Press called Troll's Blood. Aside from their brass metallic, I like their paints alot.

The parakeets and the owl, which are basically all rideable for something like a hobbit when you go with most models on the market, I mostly did for the cute factor.

THe Slaughter brute head I did mostly for the cool factor. I wanted to use the heads for something else, and was originally going to have a dragon there but as I had two monster heads why not. I painted this one up how I would want a slaughter brute and put it on there, like its a trophy from the owner's hay day.

THe orc legs are mostly for funsies, its a bar and there are bar browlers. One of the legs was cut and rotated to make it show he was wiggling around.

What do you think and what do you g

Reactions: Chimpzy

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I know it probably to late into the design, but this would be really cool if you could open the lid and see inside. You could have a trophie room and bar.

Natural wood is not necessarily so uniform so switching up shades would probably make it look more realistic. There are some cool patterns on the bottle,you could highlight some of those to make it more interesting

that being said, I’ve never done something so extravagant. Awesome job

Saint of M

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 27, 2010
Country
United States
Thanks. THe inside is just scrap packing foam but the next might try that.

As. for the rest of the forum has used or made. Now excuse me i am fighting for controle of the keyboard with a kitten

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
I wish you would repost the photos, I am not able to see them! Maybe use a different image host so the URL doesn't expire so fast?