Showing some love for Youtube(rs?)

jhoroz

Mar 7, 2012
Demolition D+-He's had some serious issues with getting his Youtube account suspended, but I think things are in order now. My number one source for anime reviews and humour, as well as my role model for how I want lead my life (also his Twitch channel is really good)

Super Best Friends-As other people have said, these guys deserve a lot more love, considering Game Grumps heavily ripped off their style of videos (hell, even JonTron himself admitted that they were originally an inspiration for their channel). The fact that GG is so popular that people actually think it's the other way around drives me up the wall sometimes. Not only do I find SBFP much more entertaining, but their humour and commentary is always directly tied to what's happening within the game they're playing, as well as having prior knowledge of said game that they're about to play.

Mathewmatosis-Great review and analyst of games. Really like the way he breaks down a game into their bare components and tries to figure out what works and doesn't. His outlook on game franchises sometimes scream with nostalgia bias (e.g. DS 2 and Oddworld New and Tasty) and his reviews on old franchises like Zelda and MGS are more enjoyable than his reviews of modern games (e.g. Bioshock Infinite) but otherwise a really enjoyable channel.

Supperbunnyhop-Probably my favourite video game related channel on the internet. Really enjoy the insightful and interesting observations he brings up in different games, while also simultaneously being able to enjoy and appreciate the campyness of goofy games (e.g. Revgeance, MGS 3)

The Completionist-While not the most intellectual reviewer out there, and I don't particularly care for the humour in his video much, I appreciate the lengths that Jirard goes to complete and experience every facet of a game and the fact that he does it on a weekly basis. It authenticates his opinion to me more in an industry where reviewers really don't seek out to experience everything a game has to offer. He's also fairly honest with his opinions, even if they can be upsetting to games with a large fanbase (e.g. his review of Skyrim)

Caddicarus-Again, not the most intellectual reviewer, but as somebody who grew up playing PS 1 and 2, it's great to see a channel dedicated to actually reviewing and talking about games I played as a kid, as opposed to the other 80% of youtube video game reviewers that focus on Nintendo primarily.

Giantbomb-This one barely counts, since a majority of their content is on their website which gets the biggest amount of focus, and them posting their non-subscriber videos on youtube is merely a second thought, but I might as well use that technicality to include them because no other group of internet personalities has given me endless hours of entertainment, comedy, frustration and absolute joy than the duders at GB. Whether it be the Persona 4 Endurance Run, Load our Last Souls, Quick Looks, Metal Gear Scanlon, Giant Bombcast, Mario Party Party, Random PC games, Backflips n Bioforge and Breaking Brad, I have felt more gratified paying to become a subscriber for them than paying for cable television.

Chinchilla Dave-A slightly more obscure let's player who went on hiatus a while ago, but is back for good. He has a hilarious let's play series of Skyrim, where he tries to play the game and fails spectacularly in a multitude of ways, while completely ransacking all the swiss cheese he can find throughout the entirety in the land of Skryim. He's one of the least cynical, fun and nice Let's player and overall great guy I've had the pleasure of finding on Youtube, and his current twitch stream of Dark Souls is a joy to watch.

WWmelb

Sep 7, 2011
As a dark souls fan I can think of epicnamebro and agermanspy who I dig quite a lot. Especially for ds fans

TheArcaneThinker

Jul 19, 2014
Analog reviews - these guys make reviews worth listening to . Seriously , they make great reviews . Heres an example ,
Cinemasins - no movie is without a sin .

Lgr reviews - reviews of mostly old classsics but new video games too from pc to dos .

Mrsnuggleduck - best classic video game reviewer .

Collegehumor - sometimedsometimes funny but a goodoveralll. overalll

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Latest one i love is Marvel Explained (also has DC Explained channel). Being that i dont read comics but love the movies and characters themselves. Its good to have a channel that speaks through the Civil War, Age of Ultron and The Infinity Gauntlet comics. There is even some for the Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe comics as well. lol. He goes indepth over multiple videos and goes into characters and tie ins when needed.

ShoddyCast - Does vids on Fallout and Dragon age lore.

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
Welcome To Night Vale - If you don't know what 'Welcome To Night Vale' is, you're missing one of the greatest things on the internet.
Yogscast - Lewis & Simon, Duncan, Sjin, Sips, Kim, Hat Films, etc
Jesse Cox - Hilarious YouTube gamer
Cox 'n' Crendor - Jesse Cox and WowCrendor's morning show podcast
Dodger (Dexterity Bonus/PressHeartToContinue) - Gamer, host, lover of cats.
Total Biscuit (Cynical Brit) - especially the Co-Optional Podcast with Jesse Cox and Dodger.
Game Grumps - Jokes and games.
Ninja Sex Party - Comedy band.
Starbomb - Video game comedy band.
Jon Tron
Peanut Butter Gamer
Did You Know Gaming?
The Completionist - Gaming's epic conqueror.
Smooth McGroove - Acapella video game music.
Hot Pepper Gaming - Game reviews by people in crippling agony due to peppers they've eaten.
DNews - SCIENCE!
VSauce - SCIENCE! THOUGHT EXPERIMENTS!
Tested - Uh. Mythbusters-related. Geeky stuff. Sciencey stuff. Technical stuff. Podcast stuff.
Super Creative - Pointless Podcast by former Attack Of The Show host Kevin Pereira.
Cartoon Hangover - Bravest Warriors - another cartoon by Pendleton ward, the creator of Adventure Time.
Geek & Sundry - TableTop - Wil Wheaton's show where he and a bunch of celebrity-ish guests play board games.
Polaris - The network to which a TON of these channels belong. Lots of various video game shows.
The Escapist
LoadingReadyRun
Jim Sterling
Yahtzee
MovieBob
Cracked
Nostalgia Critic
Honest Trailers
Miracle Of Sound
Lindsey Stirling - YouTube's little dancing video game violinist who has recently transcended into mainstream popularity.
Epic Rap Battles of History - what it says on the tin.