Siberian Alien Outed as Delicious Hoax

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Siberian Alien Outed as Delicious Hoax

Aliens might be among us, but this one is more sandwich than spaceman.

A Russian man who filmed a video that supposedly showed the discovery of the frozen remains of an alien near the Siberian town of Kamensk has admitted that it was all a hoax after the police arrived at his home. The scared moviemaker revealed that the alien was made of bread and chicken, and given a lick of paint to look more authentic.

The video met with startling success when the UFO news site, All News Web [http://www.allnewsweb.com] posted an English translation of it on YouTube, saying that it was evidence of a government cover up of a recent UFO crash. The video accumulated more than three million hits in just three days, and caught the attention of the chief editor of the Kamensk-Info newspaper, who - fearing that it might be the body of a child - contacted the police. It didn't take long for the police to track the man down, at which point he showed them his extraterrestrial culinary creation.

According to news site Russia Today [http://rt.com/news/dead-alien-siberia-body/], the man will not face any punishment stronger than a stern talking to, as making a fake alien out of things you have in your refrigerator is not really a crime. There are already some conspiracy buffs claiming that this is just a cover story put up to hide the truth - that aliens are among us - but of the two, "Deli Counter ET" is significantly more likely.

As an aside, having watched the video, I have to say that the man behind it should really consider pursuing a career in movie special effects. That's a pretty impressive alien, especially when you consider how he made it. Just imagine what he could do with the kind of resources that a company like WETA has on hand.

Source: via io9 [http://io9.com/#!5793656/siberian-alien-on-youtube-revealed-to-be-an-edible-fake-made-out-of-bread-and-chicken]

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
Logan Westbrook said:
That's a pretty impressive alien, especially when you consider how he made it. Just imagine what he could do with the kind of resources that a company like WETA has on hand.
District 9: Home Movie Edition?

OT: That is pretty cool and it's kinda amusing how seriously the alien conspiracy people take this.

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
Logan Westbrook said:
caught the attention of the chief editor of the Kamensk-Info newspaper, who - fearing that it might be the body of a child - contacted the police.
What the hell.

Dude knows some seriously messed up children if they look like that alien.

Maxman3002

Steampunked
Jul 25, 2009
Isnt is a bit suspisious that the alien he claims to have found looks exactly like aliens in the movies? If someone claims to find an alien and it looks like the steriotypical "Gray Man" then I instantly believe it to be false, bacteria maybe but not a person with gray skin and a big head and eyes...

If aliens have the potential to look and be anything why do they alway look like people?
And always breathe our air..
And survive at our temperature...
And require water...

uguito-93

This space for rent
Jul 16, 2009
wait wait wait, so All News Web immediately reported it as a government conspiracy without considering it a hoax? oooooooooooookay then...

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
...He made that out of the equivalent of a chicken sandwich and paint? He is GOOD! Fuck "stern talking to", send him to Hollywood.

WrongSprite said:
What the hell.

Or knows about some seriously messed up people that could make children look like that alien. Sadly, those exist.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
"The... the galaxy is in Orion's belt..."

Hell, I'd eat that alien. Throw on some barbecue sauce and BAM!

Scorched_Cascade

Innocence proves nothing
Sep 26, 2008
Mmmmm edible aliens. As a bonus it's chicken sandwich flavour. Wonder if it counts as a seperate entry in the Phylum feast.

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
Maxman3002 said:
Isnt is a bit suspisious that the alien he claims to have found looks exactly like aliens in the movies? If someone claims to find an alien and it looks like the steriotypical "Gray Man" then I instantly believe it to be false, bacteria maybe but not a person with gray skin and a big head and eyes...

If aliens have the potential to look and be anything why do they alway look like people?
And always breathe our air..
And survive at our temperature...
And require water...
Yeah, but the conspiracy theorists would probably say something along the lines of "The grey aliens are the real ones! They visited our planet long ago and that's how we know what they look like"

... But seriously, people took this WAY too seriously.

I would love to know. Who looks in their fridge, sees bread and chicken and goes "I can make an alien out of this"? I want to know his train of thought on this one

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
Even though it was obviously a hoax when I watched the video yesterday, I have got to say that I was very impressed by the realism of the tiny model.

You can be pretty sure that every alien story is a hoax, especially since all the aliens seem to look the same, and exactly as humans perceive them in the first place.

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
uguito-93 said:
wait wait wait, so All News Web immediately reported it as a government conspiracy without considering it a hoax? oooooooooooookay then...
All news web IS a UFO news site. THey wouldn't have news if they used logic to determine whether every UFO sighting was a hoax or not

Captcha (I shit you not): 5/23 tactorne

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Hmmm, a gimmick involving a Russian and the ingredients for a sandwich? Is the guy related to this fine fellow, perchance?

"Alien is perfect fuel for keeling tiny cowards!"​

uguito-93

This space for rent
Jul 16, 2009
Celtic_Kerr said:
uguito-93 said:
All news web IS a UFO news site. THey wouldn't have news if they used logic to determine whether every UFO sighting was a hoax or not

Captcha (I shit you not): 5/23 tactorne
fair enough, if thats what they report on then i guess its sorta justified, still seems odd to me though

Valagetti

Good Coffee, cheaper than prozac
Aug 20, 2010
Why does everyone think of skinny white though big-headed human, when they think of alien. Because I'm not from Mexico!

katsumoto03

Feb 24, 2010
WrongSprite said:
Logan Westbrook said:
caught the attention of the chief editor of the Kamensk-Info newspaper, who - fearing that it might be the body of a child - contacted the police.
What the hell.

It's amazing what a blowtorch and some free time can do...

OT: Am I the only one who laughed when they read that it was made of bread and chicken? 'Cause I found that frickin' hilarious.

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
Maybe some poor guys fridge just broke and he had planned a special get-together for all his X-files friends. They were going to eat this for dinner and have a Marathon, and then some random dude goes and spoils it by claiming it was an alien?

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
This is absolutely hilarious. Really hope he didn't get anything more than a stern talking to, though.
I don't believe in aliens, or at least, not in aliens crash-landing on Easrth, so the people who cry out "it's a conspiracy!" always make me giggle.
You're right though... Nice effects, that guy might have a future in that field!

MadCapMunchkin

Charismatic Stallion
Apr 23, 2010
It's a cover up! The world governments are lying to us ALL!!!

*beats up inner conspiracy theorist and puts him back in his box*

No, but in all seriousness, very nice effects. Just some bread, chicken, and paint?

With talent like that, someone might say that that guy's...*puts on sunglasses* Out of this world!

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!