Sick of MovieBob Bashing Call of Duty?

ElPatron

Jul 18, 2011
No, I am just tired of him bitching about FPS in general. I mean really? Bitching about the Metroid Prime series pretty much only because of the damn viewpoint? Lets ignore the fact it plays nothing like typical FPS games at the time and does nothing to attract the "typical" FPS crowd.
"I hate FPS because they force me to shoot enemies from a first person perspective, hurr"

Mimsofthedawg said:
But COD is so NOT used as military propaganda. It just isn't.

This coming from the gigantic military industrial complex of... Portugal.

You probably won't understand shit but it's basically "this game is totally relevant to out interests, please join" if I read between the lines.

The first video's thumbnail translates to "Army admits that games can help motivating the volunteers".

I have friends in America, basically if you walk into a recruiter's office there is a huge chance the first thing you hear is "Do you want to play Call of Duty in real life, son?"

orangeban

Nov 27, 2009
Now, I'll be one of the first to criticise anything remotely pro-military/right wing (hey, ask me about my school's Combined Cadet **cough facist camp cough** Force one day!) so I come into this rather biased towards Moviebob, buuuuuuuuuut...

...I don't see the problem with him expressing his opinion. He doesn't like pro-military, pro-right jingoism, and that's an understandable viewpoint. And, in my opinion, people don't criticise COD and modern culture in general for it's military fetish.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Anthraxus said:
Corridor of Duty. LOL

I wonder how long ppl are gonna keep buying this shit. Sooner or later even the casuals even have to get sick of it, no ? I guess they'll always be fresh 10 year olds ready to fill in and keep the tradition going. Maybe more hardcore RPGs like Skyrim and ME will start pulling them away.
>Hardcore RPGS
>Skyrim and Mass Effect

I'm sorry, what..

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
DJjaffacake said:
Yep, Moviebob thinks everyone should hold the exact same opinion as him and anyone who doesn't is a bastard.

In other news, the sky is blue.
Wait...yes, I'm getting a late breaking report from the woods. Let's go live to the scene.

Amazing, discovering that the sky is blue and that bears do indeed shit in the woods and not in public restrooms and port-a-johns. Today has been a great day for humanity and janitors the world over. Coming up at 11, how you can avoid staying in bat country and why the pool is always closed.

Andrewtheeviscerator

It's Leviosahhhhhhh
Feb 23, 2012
Anthraxus said:
DJjaffacake said:
Anthraxus said:
Corridor of Duty. LOL

I wonder how long ppl are gonna keep buying this shit. Sooner or later even the casuals even have to get sick of it, no ? I guess they'll always be fresh 10 year olds ready to fill in and keep the tradition going. Maybe more hardcore RPGs like Skyrim and ME will start pulling them away.
There's no chance they could like both or anything. Nope. No sir. Not a chance.

[sub][sub][sub]Oh wait, I like both. Silly me.[/sub][/sub][/sub]
So does yours.

That's not a surprise because games like Skyrim and ME are aimed at the CoD/Gears of War crowd.
Defiantly, I totally remember gunning down all those bandits and stormcloaks in Skyrim when I was hiding behind all those chest high walls in linear corridors, I mean it's so like Call of Duty I can't even tell the difference!

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Imo, I just wish MovieBob or what ever he wishes to go by would just stop talking about games in general.

Dr. Cakey

Feb 1, 2011
What people seem to be unable to admit is that while MovieBob isn't right about a lot of the things he says...he usually isn't wrong either.

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
I think he made that clear when he was bashing them in a gameoverthinker video and he said "your call of war and gears of duty". I know he was being ironic, but he said it in such a smug way like he was better than anyone who liked it. Plus, you only need to see his videos on mass effect to his how he gives his 2 trillion cents on a subject he even admits he knows nothing of, as he said he never played an ME game through to the end. BUT he still condemned people who wanted the endings changed, and even when he tried to say he wasn't judging everyone who wanted an extended cut he pretty much said "your still fucking stupid". I've known since his Other M video he can be a smug asshole sometimes but he is mostly a smart guy who has great ideas, but he is only ever cool with HIS ideas. I only ever watch Escape to the movies and sometimes The Big picture now.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Razor Z7 said:
Moviebob is right about CoD. I have no clue as to whether he has bashed Halo. Halo is my grand game. Who insults me or it has stepped into the wrong territory. Prepare for Arrows in Knees.
He has bashed Halo, and did a rather poor job of it.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-big-picture/2428-Combat-Evolved

OT: Who cares what movie Bob has to say, he is just another Shmuck on the internet, if you're going to listen to people about games, there are far better spoken people out there than Movie Bob.

Westaway

Nov 9, 2009
Anthraxus said:
Corridor of Duty. LOL

Anthraxus said:
Maybe more hardcore RPGs like Skyrim and ME will start pulling them away.
Anthraxus said:
hardcore RPGs like Skyrim
I lol'd
Anyways, I don't agree with OP. I don't agree with Bob, either. Bob makes grey matters black and white, but hating on CoD is usually a good thing.

monkeymo4d

Jan 22, 2012
Well I think what's more concerning is rather that you would hold another person's subjective opinion with such weight. If you gonna have fun in the hardcore gaming community then there is one opinion that should be the most important (and no its not yahtzee's) its yours.

mronoc

Nov 12, 2008
R9-APLHA said:
Am I the only one getting tired of hearing MovieBob constantly bash the Call of Duty franchise? After reading his latest post on his blog, it?s become extremely apparent that he?s simply looking for any excuse to take pot-shots at the games. Apparently anything that shows the military in a positive light doesn?t sit well with Bob. What is really ironic is that Bob has stated before that games need to have political controversy, and not be judged negatively for it if the medium is to grow. Yet Call of Duty comes along and might have a political message (we know for sure until the game is actually released) and Bob is trying to crucify the game because it doesn?t agree with his viewpoints and opinions. What?s the message that Bob is trying to get across? That it?s okay to have a political message only if MovieBob agrees with it?

http://gameoverthinker.blogspot.com/2012/07/cod-black-ops-iis-villain-is-occupy.html#more
So if you think video games as an expressive and creative medium should be reflective of ideas and opinions of their creators, you're not allowed to have ideas and opinions of your own?

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
I'm just tired of people bitching about people bitching. Never in the history of the world has one persons criticism ever shut a company down. Who cares what Bob says about CoD, they're still going to make more of them, so unless you need his personal approval for things in your life (and if you do, please get help) just ignore him.

It's his opinion, he can say whatever the hell he wants about the games. And you can just ignore him

bandman232

Jun 27, 2010
I never liked movie bob, so I couldn't care what he says. Why does this offend people so much? Shocked to see that people actually love your favorite jingoist gun-wank?