SimCity Amusement Park DLC is Out Now

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
SimCity Amusement Park DLC is Out Now

In a move that should surprise no-one, the previously leaked DLC is now available for $10 USD.

Guess what? SimCity has some more DLC, and this time it won't require you to Origin Store [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/123058-Simcity-Urges-Players-to-Dump-the-Pump-With-Nissan-DLC] for $10 USD. The extra content allows you to build and customize a theme park with nine rides, three entry gates and five concessions stands.

The pack also adds five new missions, which should make it easier to ramp up your Tourism specialization. The full listing of rides you can place are: a merry-go-round, a Ferris wheel, the trapeze, a mini train station, a go-kart Speedway, the Astro Rocket Ride and the Dizzy drop roller coaster. It looks like all the new buildings are "ploppable" and should all interact with each other. If you can find room in your tiny city to put them all, that is.

Maxis recently released a later this month [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/124275-SimCity-Patch-4-0-Adds-Launch-Park-For-Early-Adopters], and it looks like Maxis wants new Mac gamers to have plenty of DLC to purchase before they realize just how broken the game actually is.

So what do you guys think, is this DLC enough to entice you back into the game? It seems a bit money-grubbing to be producing paid DLC when there are still many, many complaints about game-breaking bugs. I feel like Maxis has missed a goodwill gesture here - they could have offered this DLC for free. I'm not going to come back to the game for a $10 DLC pack, but I might come back to it for some free content.

Source: Origin [http://store.origin.com/store/eaapac/en_AU/pd/productID.277842700]

MrWunderful

Filthy Console Peasant
May 27, 2013
As of today, buying sim city was the biggest waste of 50.00 in my gaming career. Maybe I will play it in a year once all the bugs are worked out (I'm not holding my breath).

banksy122

Nov 12, 2009
As broken as the game is and as bad as this DLC is, Sim City 5 gave me well over 100 hours of gameplay and I got dead space 3 out of it for free. All in all I would say it was a great game and a good purchase.

VoidWanderer

Sep 17, 2011
Ah, SimCity's DLC the worst kept secret since Project Titan...

And captcha is doing it again 'whoopee cushion'

Yeah, that's my thought about SimCity too, Captcha...

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
$10 for a tiny 'merry-go-round, a Ferris wheel, the trapeze, a mini train station, a go-kart Speedway, the Astro Rocket Ride and the Dizzy drop roller coaster' this seems awefully... aweful.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
A previous Escapist article said only 5 people play Sim City anymore. There are 5 people in this post excluding myself and the topic poster. I think we have here the only 5 who play it anymore.

Ace O'Hagen

May 28, 2013
008Zulu said:
A previous Escapist article said only 5 people play Sim City anymore. There are 5 people in this post excluding myself and the topic poster. I think we have here the only 5 who play it anymore.
and you'll have to demolish your half your city to have room for it, because EA is going to make you use that regional multiplayer even if it kills the game.

and why would you want an amusement park, university, and oil refinery in your city anyways?

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
MrWunderful said:
As of today, buying sim city was the biggest waste of 50.00 in my gaming career.
Not mine. I got a free copy of Need for Speed: Most Wanted out of it. That game is great, and well with the fifty bucks I spent on SimCity.

P.S. Thanks

MrWunderful

Filthy Console Peasant
May 27, 2013
Covarr said:
MrWunderful said:
As of today, buying sim city was the biggest waste of 50.00 in my gaming career.
Not mine. I got a free copy of Need for Speed: Most Wanted out of it. That game is great, and well with the fifty bucks I spent on SimCity.

P.S. Thanks
I made the mistake of pre-ordering it, not downloading it. Oh well, its mine forever because of the DRM so maybe someday I will pick it up again. I had a lot of fun with the other ones.

McFazzer

Apr 22, 2012
Did the guy who make DLC forget and booted up his Roller Coaster Tycoon game and said "This is what I've been working on the past however much time I've had to work on this"?

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Steven Bogos said:
So what do you guys think, is this DLC enough to entice you back into the game? It seems a bit money-grubbing to be producing paid DLC when there are still many, many complaints about game-breaking bugs. I feel like Maxis has missed a goodwill gesture here - they could have offered this DLC for free. I'm not going to come back to the game for a $10 DLC pack, but I might come back to it for some free content.
Far from making me want to play Sim City, it makes me wish for a sequel to Rollercoaster Tycoon. I loved those games.

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
I kind of misread the title, as Sims Amusement park DLC.

It made me think the Sims would turn into some kind of Rollercoaster tycoon.

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
or alternatively, you could go play rollercoaster tycoon and a GOOD simcit back to back and have an infinitely better time doing so.