SimCity Studio Stands Behind the PC

RobotDinosaur

Feb 27, 2012
I accepted Origin so I could play ME3 - it's a small nuisance but by no means a dealbreaker. It doesn't really get in my way when I want to play, doesn't increase the number of clicks I need to launch the game, and generally doesn't seem to care if I ignore it. I wouldn't pass on an otherwise great game just because of Origin.

The 'always online' part I find more objectionable. I could give them some credit because they claim they're using it to make a persistent world where cities can influence each other. Two problems with this: 1) I'd wager that EA forced the 'always online' thing, and the persistent world is just Maxis trying to sweeten a bitter pill, and 2) I played SC4 and rarely cared about the ability to link cities, I just wanted to build one huge city. So in practice the feature probably won't be nearly worth the inconvenience of the persistent internet connection needed to implement it.

Thoric485

Aug 17, 2008
Uh-uh, that's nice. Now please take your social networking shit and Maxis' rotting corpse elsewhere.