Simmons Finally Appears in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Simmons Finally Appears in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

This week's episode, Making Friends and Influencing People is pretty average... but with the improvements season 2 has made, that still would have put it amongst the best of season 1.

Read Full Article

MatParker116

Feb 4, 2009
Why do Joss Whedon shows start kicking ass after the pretty below par first 75% of season one drives all the viewers away? Meaning it's heading for cancellation just as it finds it feet. The reason I say is the ratings dropped another two tenths and it's not looking good that this will reach Season three.

Burnouts3s3

Jan 20, 2012
I'm really loving Fitz this season. Even when he's 'damaged' as he calls himself, he shows he can be very dangerous when driven to extremes.

Skye being She-Hulk seems plausible to me.

MatParker116

Feb 4, 2009
Burnouts3s3 said:
I'm really loving Fitz this season. Even when he's 'damaged' as he calls himself, he shows he can be very dangerous when driven to extremes.

Skye being She-Hulk seems pldausible to me.
Personally think she's Daisy Johnson

vid87

May 17, 2010
-Considering they're keeping her secret for as long they have, Skye probably really will end up becoming the MCU version of a B-list hero. However, so far not much of her backstory seems to match with anyone and even with the angle on her controlling her anger I simply don't see how she could be She-Hulk when it would create a hero so inherently similar to Hulk despite no connection to Gamma Rays or the Banner physiology uniquely suited to create someone like that, unless she gets exposed to rays later on and it combines with Kree DNA or something. Also, Skye's really going to have to start getting interested in law or there will be a massive missed opportunity for superhuman law drama. At this point I'd bet more on Spiderwoman, especially if her dad has anything to support it (hell, if he is in fact High Evolutionary, doesn't he involve cross-breeding and animal people? Wikipedia says he created the villain Hippo from...a hippo).

-I feel silly that, even though what I said last week about Simmons being a mole was right, I had a hard time determining who was in the hypno chamber and, despite judging from the clearly different eyebrows of either actress, assumed it might have been Simmons after all and that Hydra reciting their mental switch command was going to activate her and set up the conflict for the rest of the season.

-I doubt Hercules shows up - proving Olympus exists is on par with an actual Infinity Stone being in the show - it's a major reveal that could directly affect the MCU and I think they're keeping the major elements strictly to the movies (if they don't and this stuff really does crossover, then this whole experiment is a lot more ambitious than I thought and has a hell of a lot of confidence in itself, blockbuster phenomenon that it is).

-Blizzard won't stay dead - he cryogenically froze himself (consciously or not) and will thaw later on when the writers need him.

-I feel bad but the trailer for next week does not have me excited at all. I'm hoping something gets revealed or whatever but the face-value silliness of the premise makes it sound like filler. Really hope I'm wrong.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
"...or it would have been, had ABC's promotions for the episode not been spoiling it at every opportunity since last week. Oh, well."
Did not see those, but come on... that was SUPER obvious either way!!!

No mention of Blizzard's end? Clearly he's just... on ice (sigh). How can the entire law enforcement not find him?
And btw, since he is a human AND covered in ICE he would FLOAT on top of the water! But nooooo, he's sinking because of magic.

The Kraken and Faustus sound interesting.
Any word on if that is just a regular fit bit? Some upcoming Apple version of fitness tracker?

I found the reaction of Skye quite stupid; breaking the law, trying to hack SHIELD all because she NEEDS to know her origin SOOOOO badly. And then Ward is like; Hey, I totes know where your dad is! She takes off because the stupid plot needs her to not know about daddy yet! It's not like it would have been possible to say: "I'm listening, Ward...", and then fade out before he speaks up.

Like that Fitz is getting a tad better! He deserves it!

Sanunes

Mar 18, 2011
I really hope something happens to Ward, for it seems whenever they have him on screen it just seems to fall flat. I am not sure if its the actor or how they are trying to portray him, but its just something that doesn't want to mesh with the rest of the show.

Furbyz

Oct 12, 2009
Kenjitsuka said:
"...or it would have been, had ABC's promotions for the episode not been spoiling it at every opportunity since last week. Oh, well."
Did not see those, but come on... that was SUPER obvious either way!!!

No mention of Blizzard's end? Clearly he's just... on ice (sigh). How can the entire law enforcement not find him?
And btw, since he is a human AND covered in ICE he would FLOAT on top of the water! But nooooo, he's sinking because of magic.

The Kraken and Faustus sound interesting.
Any word on if that is just a regular fit bit? Some upcoming Apple version of fitness tracker?

I found the reaction of Skye quite stupid; breaking the law, trying to hack SHIELD all because she NEEDS to know her origin SOOOOO badly. And then Ward is like; Hey, I totes know where your dad is! She takes off because the stupid plot needs her to not know about daddy yet! It's not like it would have been possible to say: "I'm listening, Ward...", and then fade out before he speaks up.

Like that Fitz is getting a tad better! He deserves it!
I actually really liked her reaction of just leaving because it's what Skye would do if she were actually considering Ward rationally and not emotionally. Ward knows her inside and out; he's been shockingly honest, straight forward, and seems like he might actually regret his actions, but he's still the guy that betrayed them all without their even suspecting and to suddenly offer her everything she wants with the caveat that she has to let him out is way too suspicious for her to even entertain the notion. Even though she knows it's probably bullshit, Skye was still quite obviously shaken by the temptation.

Frankly, I like this way better than the alternative. Also, I can't see Ward just telling her because she asks either. That info is one of the best/only pieces of leverage he has.

I wish the show was more legally accessible online like it used to be. Apparently ABC decided not to sign the television verification deal to watch the latest episodes with Time Warner (or Comcast so more than half of all people with cable) so I can't watch as it airs without pirating. Btw, how crazy is it that a broadcast television network is signing deals to limit their content? I always thought that was the whole point to broadcast channels: being accessible and free to the public.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Did anyone else catch the little bit of required reading Simmons had to do for project research? Something about environmental factors, not genetic. This set off my geek sense. The MCU is leaning toward Inhumanity being the source of powers, and this could be the first in-universe hint that terrigenesis is an actual thing.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I hope that they manage to save Agent 33 by the end of the season, and I hope that she's the one to take out the doctor dude.

I was a little confused as to why Skye didn't shoot the man in the suit after she shot Blizzard, but I guess she missed on purpose in order to cement Fitz's cover in HYDRA.

I didn't understand why Blizzard didn't just reach out and freeze the suit guy. He was within easy striking distance. I get that it would have ruined the show, but still...I like it when cocky bad guys like him get taken down because of their pride.

Deimir

Jul 3, 2008
Sniper Team 4 said:
I didn't understand why Blizzard didn't just reach out and freeze the suit guy. He was within easy striking distance. I get that it would have ruined the show, but still...I like it when cocky bad guys like him get taken down because of their pride.
Based on Gill's reaction when he recognized Suit Guy, I assumed it was a part of his brainwashing kicking back into gear. Familiar face triggers associated memories, which likely had a hotline right to his reprogramming. But that could just be me projecting how my own brain works onto the character.

MovieBob said:
...or it would have been, had ABC's promotions for the episode not been spoiling it at every opportunity since last week. Oh, well
Probably one of the biggest side benefits of being a cord cutter is an immunity to marketing-induced spoilers, for which I am endlessly grateful.

P-89 Scorpion

Sep 25, 2014
Ah the TV watching public AoS gets watchable and the ratings plummet. This episode got a 1.7 rating and 4.73 million viewers a new AoS low and next weeks preview has probably made another chunk of the audience jump ship.

DeathQuaker

Oct 29, 2008
I'm glad she's shown up, because her prior appearances this season has started this going through my head:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhNJAVaDl4M

Major_Tom

Anticitizen
Jun 29, 2008
What is she wearing in that photo? It looks like an ACU jacket, but the camo is some kind of dark woodland.

Uri

Feb 17, 2010
So no one is annoyed about Dr. Whitehall 's speech about the drink, I assume whiskey? . Whiskey etc does not age when you put it in glass aka bottle it. That case he bought ages ago should still taste the same or worse if the seal failed.