Simon Pegg and Nick Frost Return For The World's End

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Simon Pegg and Nick Frost Return For The World's End

The first teaser for The World's End demonstrates that you actually can go home again, but you probably shouldn't.

There is no more glorious time than the years of youth. Alas, it does not last. We grow up, we move on, we change, we forget; we grow old. And then one day, you look back at what's been lost, and you reach out, tentatively or grasping, to seize just one more of those moments and prove to yourself that you haven't changed, and that the fire still burns inside. But it's futile. Your fire is ash, and your home town has been overrun by evil shape-changing aliens bent on enslaving the human race, who don't react well when your epic pub crawl threatens to derail their plan.

That, more or less, is the setup in The World's End, a tale of five old friends who (mostly reluctantly) try to recapture their glory days and find themselves caught up in an adventure that's far beyond anything they'd bargained for. The movie stars Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, is directed by Edgar Wright and was co-written by Pegg and Wright - the same team that gave us the wonderful Shaun of the Dead [http://www.amazon.com/Hot-Fuzz-Ultimate-Edition-Blu-ray/dp/B002HR1W1K/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1368032127&sr=8-2&keywords=Hot+Fuzz].

The World's End looks set to bring the same sort of fun to the big screen, and I expect it to be nothing short of awesome. I do hope that talk about this being the grand finale of the Wright/Pegg/Frost collaboration is overblown, though; there are very few creative teams that can compel me to head to the theater these days, and I'd really hate to lose this one.

The World's End is scheduled to hit U.S. screens on August 23.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
I hadn't been to the movies very frequently in the last year or so, but suddenly so many things keep showing up that I'm really interested in.

RobotDinosaur

Feb 27, 2012
Words cannot describe how much I loved Hot Fuzz and how much I want to see this. (Well, they might be able to, but I don't wanna figure out which ones right now.)

Also, can anyone ID the somewhat demented techno background music playing over the second half of the trailer?

UnderevolvedPrimape

Dec 17, 2010
It shouldn't be the final of the cornetto and blood trilogy, as I'm pretty sure that was supposed to have a Sci-Fi premise (and a mint choc cornetto if memory serves).

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
Wonderful! Come unto me, sweet sweet final of the Cornetto trilogy.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
UnderevolvedPrimape said:
It shouldn't be the final of the cornetto and blood trilogy, as I'm pretty sure that was supposed to have a Sci-Fi premise (and a mint choc cornetto if memory serves).
Well it does look a bit sci-fi from the trailer, judging by those weird glowing people.

And it's got Pegg, Frost, and Wright involved. so yeah.

Cornetto please :)

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
No cornettos spotted in the trailer but it could be the third film.

It looks sort of interesting and the cast seems to be decent. I'll be keeping an eye on this movie. I'm suprised I've heard nothing about it already, especially since it is coming out in only a few months.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
UnderevolvedPrimape said:
The guys with glowing eyes is Sci Fi and a reference to the 60s film the Midwich Cuckoos.

thisbymaster

Sep 10, 2008
They had me going for the first half of the trailer, then I remember who wrote it. So want to see this.

rodneyy

humm odd
Sep 10, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
The World's End looks set to bring the same sort of fun to the big screen, and I expect it to be nothing short of awesome. I do hope that talk about this being the grand finale of the Wright/Pegg/Frost collaboration is overblown, though; there are very few creative teams that can compel me to head to the theater these days, and I'd really hate to lose this one.
i recon that wile it might be the last of this trilogy with their take of funny horror/action/sci-fi films i could see them coming back and doing something different.
but that being said if it ends at just these three then it could be a good thing no running it into the ground to make money leave it when they are still inspired.

Two Angels

Dec 25, 2009
I've drunk in most of the pubs they used in this film... Pretty cool to recognise locations!

This is going to be another epic film. Not sure if it'll top Hot Fuzz.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Darks63 said:
Well hopefully this movie is more hot fuzz and less run fat boy run.
Different directors make all the difference. Run Fat Boy Run had nothing to do with the Blood and Ice Cream trilogy apart from Simon Pegg and Dylan Moran happening to be in the film.

Blood and Ice Cream = Edgar Wright/Simon Pegg/Nick Frost

Run Fat Boy Run = David Schwimmer

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
RobotDinosaur said:
Words cannot describe how much I loved Hot Fuzz and how much I want to see this. (Well, they might be able to, but I don't wanna figure out which ones right now.)

Also, can anyone ID the somewhat demented techno background music playing over the second half of the trailer?
Certainly my good sir!

Anyway... I am REALLY looking forward to this, loved Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz (As well as Paul and Scott Pilgirm, but they were spilt up for those projects). Friends already suggested that we go on a pub crawl and end it with watching this :D

SteewpidZombie

Dec 31, 2010
As always...

This is like one of the few movies I have WANTED and more or less NEEDED to see for SOOOOOOOOOOOO long. The 'Blood and Icecream' Trilogy has been one of my favorites of all time, and this movie might be the perfect way to end such a great collaboration of these three.

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
Were it not these guys, I know everyone on these forums, myself included, wouldn't give a flying fuck.

Since it is these guys, I have higher hopes for it, because they typically make movies that are...what's the word...good.