Simpsons Fans: Why do you hate Season 10?

FilipJPhry

Jul 5, 2011
Let's discuss the topic: Why do most of Simpsons fans dislike Season 10?
Season 10 had excellent writing, jokes, guest stars, and improved animation-wise. The celebrity guests had really funny lines and performances. Ron Howard's line: "Homer, we're out of vodka!" is my favorite guest quote of all time. One of my favorite episodes, "Homer Simpson in: Kidney Trouble" is usually hated from just about every fan I know. The jokes were a bit on the insanity side, but not as random and pointless Season 5 had.

Yes, I know the plots took a crazier route, had its share of bad episodes like every season, and it didn't have those "emotional" episodes the older seasons had. But doesn't it deserve to be in its place among "The Greatest Seasons Ever" seasons 3-9?

Is it the argument of:
"It was funny until Phil Hartman was murdered"?
Blaming Mike Scully(Seasons 9-13) for its declining quality around the early 2000's?
The infamous "Principal and the Pauper" episode?

Or is it that you think that you grew out of it? If so, how old were you? Simpsons fans have their "Favorite Season" and it varies on their age. The older generation of fans say it's 4 or 5. I was 10 when season 10 broadcasted, and as you can guess, it's my favorite. I started hating the episodes when I was 14(and I stopped watching Simpsons until I was 20), but now I find most of the seasons (except maybe 15) to be very funny.

What I'm saying is give season 10 a try! Pop in the DVD, don't get on your high horse, watch them as if you're a true Simpsons fan. If you don't own the DVD, look up episodes on the Google-whatcha-ma-call-it!

Trololo Punk

May 14, 2011
I always found the Simpsons funny, up until about last season, and watching the premiere of this season finally convinced me that the Simpsons were dead...

vortexgods

Apr 24, 2008
"Why are the pretty ones always insane?" -- [a href="http://www.snpp.com/episodes/AABF10"]Chief Clancy Wiggum.[/a]

There's a bit of wisdom that will serve you well in life...

Blue2

Mar 19, 2010
I watch the Simpsons in my whole life. I like to watch the new ones that comes on at Sunday nights however I don't own any DVD/Blue-ray copies of any season.

Aleate

Mar 24, 2009
Personally, I'll try to watch them as much as I can. I have a few of the Treehouse of Horror DVD's because those are some of my favorite episodes, but other than that I have nothing. I DVR all the episodes on Sundays, and if I can I watch them, but if they get deleted after a week because of the timer I have set... then I'm not too broken up about it.

TL;DR version: I liked the older episodes, but I will watch the new ones if I find the time and nothing else is on. Sometimes they might make me giggle, or I might just go "._. Okay then..."

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
I loved Season 10. I think it had Maximum Homerdrive, wich was a great episode.

I've never been one of the people who see The Simpson's as 'crap' now. They're not as great, but they're still pretty good. I think the fact that they're still producing it means it can't be as bad as people say.

I have noticed a decline in DVD quality... Gah, season 20 came in that shite box where you have to rip the DVD's out and now there's no commentary and the menu screens image was just them drawing.

Hollock

Jun 26, 2009
I don't remember hating 10 lemme check when I started disliking it. It was around 15. I'll probably start watching newer ones on hulu, and will certainly watch older ones.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
...Who says season 10 is bad? Season 10 is great! So was season 5! It was the last few seasons that haven't been that great. The latest episode that played this Sunday gave me some hope for this season though.

Rabish Bini

Jun 11, 2011
Season 10 was the last good season.

And I thought "The Principal and the Pauper' was a good episode...

chaosyoshimage

Apr 1, 2011
I'm weird, I think I can go all the way to 12 without being disappointed, but I'm not sure because I don't remember which episodes are in which season. I stopped watching last season, it's kind of sad, this show used to be a big part of my life. Probably the only thing I ever enjoyed doing with my parents was watching this show...

Timmehexas

Aug 15, 2010
I own seasons 3-13 and that's basically the range I find absolutely hilarious, I mean the show isn't awful in the other seasons just in my opinion it doesn't have the same quality.

LawlessSquirrel

Jun 9, 2010
Season 10 was the front-end of it's perpetual decline as a well-written series. I actually enjoyed Season 10 myself, but I can point to it as an example of where the problems were starting.

It wasn't until several seasons later that it dropped to the point of being bad, it's just that seasons 9 and 10 are the start of the decline.

I can't even watch the last few seasons without getting frustrated...it's lost all the good will it built up at the start (which it actively spites now, I might add), but it does make the previous mistakes seem joyous by comparison. Principal and the Pauper included.

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
I've always loved the Simpsons and I think it's only been these past couple of seasons that have gotten bad. Still watchable but nowhere near as good as previous seasons.

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
All I know, from hearsay, is that from season 11 is where it really jumped the shark. Not that I needed another reason to hate it since offensive humor worthy of lawsuit kills my loyalty for any comedian without exception.

Captcha: fignificant allpen

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I love all the seasons of The Simpsons. Some episodes or seasons may not have been as funny as the ones before or after it. I don't hate any episode or season of The Simpsons. I enjoy the Tree House of Horror episodes the best though.

ACman

Apr 21, 2011
I think the distinction is that in S5 the wackiness is confined to dreams/fantasies/hallucinations. In S8 the wackiness started to bleed out into the reality of the show.

This really came to a head in 'Simpson Tide' (Great episode but a little shark jumpy.) which involves Homer becoming captain of a nuclear submarine and it is here that the show left the realms of it's strained plausibility.

It's season 10 that the first truly bad/boring episode in the Simpsons catalogue occurs; 'When you wish upon a star' with Alec Baldwin and Kim Bassinger. It's an episode which holds up two people of moderate star power and declaims:

"Here are some celebraties, you like celebraties therefore you might like this."

The season contains some good episodes, but it also contains a few bad ones and many that I'm indifferent to whereas everything in season 2 - 9 was consistantly great.

Hobonicus

Feb 12, 2010
I never knew Simpsons fans had a problem with season 10. I thought the show was amazing up until the boring season 15, and just went downhill from there. I can't remember for sure (even though I literally just finished rewatching the first 15 seasons), but I think somewhere around seasons 6 - 9 were my favorites.