Since launching 20 years ago in December 1994, what's your favorite PlayStation memory so far?

Rattja

Dec 4, 2012
20 years? Has it really been that long?

Have enjoyed a fair share of my time on those things, there are so many good memories to choose from.

First of all it's PS1 and the demo discs. This was our main source of info on the games out there, but what I remember best is how damn resilient they were. We had so many of them at one point, that we started to scratch them more and more on purpose to see how bad they could get and still play.

Next thing is Final Fantasy of course.
Did not own my own game until FFX, but before that I watched friends play through 7-9. Remember one guy summoned Tonberry on the last boss in FFVIII, which he of course had to run around with a memorycard and show everyone.
Also remember the feeling when I finally beat FFX for the first time. Ended up taking about 250 hour before I beat the final boss, mostly because I forgot how to get to him and had no iterwebs to guide me. So basically just got everything else until I finally found out that I were supposed to go on top of the airship, but by then I just one hitted everything in my way.

Then there is Wipeout, the only racing game I ever got any good at.

I also feel I should give Red Dead Redemption some points as well, as that was one great game.

OH! SSX!

DSK-

May 13, 2010
First time seeing my friend play Metal Gear Solid on his original playstation, and then playing it with him until the long hours when I managed to borrow it from a friend - lots of fond memories of that game.

We phoned him up to get Meryl's codec number and more or less at the same time the Colonel told us where to find it. The brick shitting was glorious!

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
My best Playstation experience so far? Uncharted 2. One of my top 5 from Gen 7. It is that good.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I was late for the PS1... and the PS2... and the PS3... but my favorite memories are of playing Crash Bandicoot 2 and Spyro 2 with my sister on the PS1, as well as soloing my first RPG ever (Legend of Legaia). The PS2 has too many fucking awesome games and they're all a beautiful experience on their own the first time you play them around: Okami, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, Beyond Good & Evil... I have fond not-that-long-ago memories of playing TimeSplitters and The Warriors with my cousin, and doing little horror games like Kuon and Haunting Ground and Fatal Frame with my girlfriend, who is adorable when she's scared...

Las7

Nov 22, 2014
Making my throne on Civ 2 on the Playstation(didn't even have a computer back than), must have been pretty young around that time. I remember having to control Civ 2 on the controller and it didn't seem strange. Now that I've played numerous Civ games on a computer I can't begin to imagine how I played it with a controller back than. It was a brilliant game and similar strategies were the things that really made me a gamer.

Spushkin

Nov 2, 2011
I think the one memory that just stuck with me through the years would be the first time I saw Tomb Raider on PS1. The moment the door opened and I ran through the thinning snow, leaving footprints, with the darkness of the cave looming in front of me, I became a believer.

prpshrt

Jun 18, 2012
Tied between every single moment in crash bandicoot 2 and getting falcon armor in megaman X5. Switched to PC gaming after so that's about it

squreky

Jan 1, 2015
Final Fantasy 7 and 8. Played those games for hours and hours. Along with them maybe Tekken, Twisted Metal, Legend of Dragoon, Nascar 98. Other that than I mostly played N64.

Savagezion

Mar 28, 2010
Basically 1996-2000

Me and my friends would get together and play these great titles.

This is what started it as me and a buddy would split up the soldiers where I had some and he had some. Then on missions we would loadout and control our guys where I would run a team, and he would run a team. In Geoscape, we would discuss what we would research or build. At first, we didn't have a memory card so it was us starting from scratch every time and never making it far. Then we bought a memory card and we both had our own games and joint games.

This title started when I got my own playstation and it came with a demo disc and this was one of the games on that disc. I found myself playing it often and went out and got it. Soon, Golf Tournaments between four of of us became normal.

I had been telling a friend of mine that played strategy games this whole time about this game called Civilization 1 and 2 I had played on the SNES and the PC. Each time he would dismiss it as if it didn't sound interesting. We had played Nobunaga's Ambition together before and figured he would like it. Then one day he tells me about this game called Civilization 2 he 'discovered' on Playstation and that I really needed to try it and I wanted to ring his neck. Soon after, us and a couple of other friends would watch each other play our individual games and discuss strategies we used.

Same friend who 'discovered' Civ 2 found this weird looking game in a bargain bin. I thought it looked cheap and probably crap trying to make money off metal heads or something with a devil theme. He mentioned he got it because it was a 2 player co-op game and we could go kill shit together, so I was like "alright, whatever". I thought the graphics looked kinda shit but better than the pc rpgs I had at the time for the most part. Controls were weird.

However, once we started going down into the Cathedral and pulling back the loot, this game dominated our bachelor pad. There was at any given time, 5-6 co-op games going on in that household. 4 of which were mine. PLus, I had solo games. This game was awesome and theonly game that could compete was the original Super Smash Brothers, which dominated the household.

This one was my solo game. This game gave me the heebie jeebies. Playing in the dark and hearing the sirens was intense and would always set me on edge knowing things were about to get eerie. I was actually happy to return to the foggy haunted town.