Sir Hammerlock Lifts the Veil On Borderlands 2

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Sir Hammerlock Lifts the Veil On Borderlands 2

Everything you ever wanted to know about the world of Pandora is now at your fingertips.

Much has changed on Pandora. Handsome Jack is calling the shots these days, and his hand is not particularly light. He's taken credit for finding the Vault and even placed an orbital base above the surface of the planet, from which he can deliver supplies and troops to wherever he needs them. He's a bad man, and he's got to go.

Fortunately, a lot remains the same, too. In most relevant ways, "relevant" being defined as how and when you kill stuff, Borderlands 2 is pretty much the same as the original Borderlands: Four unique playable characters, hordes of sketchy dudes and 87 bazillion guns to point at them. Not exactly revolutionary, but it's a pretty solid formula, so why mess with it?

What I particularly like about this video is that it's silly and amusing, but also quite informative. If you haven't been paying attention and don't know anything about Borderlands 2, this is a great way to get caught up.

Borderlands 2 [http://www.amazon.com/Borderlands-2-Xbox-360/dp/B0050SYK44/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346432011&sr=8-1&keywords=Borderlands+2], from Gearbox, comes out on September 18 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

Azuaron

Mar 17, 2010
Everything I see about Borderlands 2 makes me want to play it even more.

...I better go practice my sniping.

Dec 14, 2009
That was awesome :D

See those enemies? Notice how they're not on fire? Maya will fix that.

I love it, so hyped for this game.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Daystar Clarion said:

See thos enemies? Notice how they're not on fire? Maya will fix that.

BOOYA!!

OT: I want this game, right meow!!

TALLY HOO! :D

GAunderrated

Jul 9, 2012
Gearbox is quickly becoming one of my favorite developers. Glad I pre-ordered borderlands 2. I hope this game breaks a company record for them.

Roganzar

Winter is coming
Jun 13, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:

See thos enemies? Notice how they're not on fire? Maya will fix that.

Best line in the video. Give it now!!!

Ghonzor

Jul 29, 2009
I have yet to see one thing that hasn't made me more excited for this game.
I really want to see Borderlands 2 do well. I love it when devs have fun with their games, and this game looks fun for everyone involved.

ZERO
As A Number

heh, I enjoyed that

Orks da best

Oct 12, 2011
O...k That was the most awesome trailer ever!!!!.

Sir Hammlock is a nice gentleman hope he is also in the game, it would be poorer without him.

TorchofThanatos

Dec 6, 2010
I haven't played the first but looks like I will be picking up the second.

Quick Question: Can more then one person be the same class in co-op. Can you have 4 Zero's on a team for example? Me and my friend are thinking about being the same character.

Zachery Gaskins

Mar 29, 2011
TorchofThanatos said:

Quick Question: Can more then one person be the same class in co-op. Can you have 4 Zero's on a team for example? Me and my friend are thinking about being the same character.
You could in the last game, so I would assume yes.

Comic Sans

DOWN YOU GO!
Oct 15, 2008
Country
United States
TorchofThanatos said:

Absolutely. There can be any combination of classes. My friend and I both played through about half of the first together and we were both Sirens.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
The only thing that makes me angry about it is this: Why won't you take my money Gearbox!? I just want to give you all my money and the day before my birthday? REALLY!? You guys know I've always wanted something awesome to come out on my birthday!!

What I REALLY hope for in this game is that they have story line quests specific to each class, like a background story on each character, that'd be awesome!

TorchofThanatos

Dec 6, 2010
Comic Sans said:
TorchofThanatos said:

Absolutely. There can be any combination of classes. My friend and I both played through about half of the first together and we were both Sirens.
Thanks, both of us want to be the turret guy. I might try Zero though. Making a melee ninja sounds like fun.

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
[http://tinypic.com?ref=fdw1eh]

I really like Hammerlocks voice, and this is really funny.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
its becoming more and more obvious that 2 will not just be a carbon copy sequel. I'm so pleased that I've already preordered it.

Oct 30, 2010
Another nice vid.

Still haven't pre-ordered though, because while I own the original for 360 I'd like the sequel on PC, but based on what I've heard I should wait for reviews as far as that goes (i.e. the original sucked on PC)...

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
I was resisting the urge to preorder thanks to my recent unemployment but after this trailer...yeah fuck it, I'm getting it.

Turner Shanks

Mar 5, 2012
Andy Chalk said:
placed an orbital base above the surface of the planet, from which he can deliver supplies and troops to wherever he needs them.
I now will forever see Handsome Jack as an RTS player building units, gathering resources, and such.